Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After seeing what I'll be getting in my A kit, I just cancelled my sub. I saw what GlossyBox USA members got last month and it makes SS look like a joke! I'll spend the additional $6 for a GlssyBox and get products that I can actually use!

So long Sample Society, you weren't worth it
Glossybox does have good samples and usually a full size product every month, but their shipping seems pretty unreliable, and their customer service is horrible.  Today is February 2nd, and my January Glossybox hasn't even shipped yet, and I cant get a customer service rep on the phone and have gotten no response to my emails.  People that have complained on Facebook have had their posts deleted and have been blocked. 

There is a January Glossybox thread here on MUT.

I am the same box (is this the one you had? I think we had the same boxes last month). I didn't check the full size of that product but I am so thrilled to be getting two drops of a $300 product!!
Are we box twins again? Woo!

Cest la vie! Glossybox may have "better" products, but boxes constantly go missing and the CS is a nightmare! I'm happy with SS CS, my Allure sub, and prestige skincare lol..although I was suckered in by the MR box, which is MIA still. :/

How much do the boxes vary? Is it like Glossybox where is there is only an item or 2 different? Or is it more like birchbox with lots of different options?

Just read the description of Kit A's 1st product on the list.  The ingredients include a polypeptide that mimics a Temple Vipers venom (synthetic snake venom?) and elk antler velvet.   Sounds strange!  Who thinks these things up?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cest la vie! Glossybox may have "better" products, but boxes constantly go missing and the CS is a nightmare! I'm happy with SS CS, my Allure sub, and prestige skincare lol..although I was suckered in by the MR box, which is MIA still. :/
I contacted their cs earlier this week, because I wasn't sure if I filled out any type of beauty profile. The girl was amazing! She was super polite and follow all the steps you have to follow when taking a call, from a former cs agent/trainer pov I'm happy to see these kind of things. She was so awesome, she got a positive escalation from me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I found out the contents for Kit B.

The CS representative told me...

Immunocologie Venomax

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

Exude Lipstick Gloss

LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser

Maya Water Facial Mist Organic Goji

I think it looks like a good kit! Yay!

I got a sample of the Immunocologie VenoMax by writing to Immunocologie asking for free samples of their products to review.  I was very surprised at the size of the sample they sent me.  It was a pretty large jar of their product. the full size is like $275.  It is a great product.  I hope the sample that comes in kit A is the same size that they had sent me.  

Very nice products this month. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but I always loved SS because it introduced me to stuff I had never heard of or tried. Give the products a chance before choosing to dislike them.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very nice products this month. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but I always loved SS because it introduced me to stuff I had never heard of or tried. Give the products a chance before choosing to dislike them.
totally agree. They have a lot more luxury products to try.

I am really into this month's boxes.

• bim-012_small2a.jpg
  • Immunocologie VenoMax Deluxe Sample

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• bla-062_small2a.jpg
  • Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse, Deluxe Sample

• dip-105_small2a.jpg
  • Diptyque Fragrance Sample

• exu-015_small2a.jpg
  • Exude Lipstick Gloss-SS

• loa-001_small2a.jpg
  • LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser with AHA, Deluxe Sample

My dashboard updated!! I am getting kit D

I'm getting kit D too! guess the only difference between this and kit A is theyre getting a creme lipstick and were getting a gloss lipstick. idk how I feel about this. I don't own many lipsticks. but theyre all cremes... :/ trying something new I guess. heres to hoping its a nice color!

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm excited to try a lipstick gloss 
11a.gif
 lol
haha, I figured that was just the finish of it. glossy finish, creme finish, metallic finish. lolol loveeee the emoticon

I actually like Kit B more than A XD we are not getting perfume, that's awesome!! Also I'm intrigued about the lipstick gloss O.O

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found out the contents for Kit B.

The CS representative told me...

Immunocologie Venomax

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

Exude Lipstick Gloss

LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser

Maya Water Facial Mist Organic Goji

I think it looks like a good kit! Yay!
Ooo...I hope the exude is red!

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyones dashboard update for Kit C yet?

Mine did, if you want to know what's in it I put it in a spoiler tag.

Kit C

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse, Deluxe Sample

Diptyque Fragrance Sample

Exude Lipstick Creme-SS *I assume SS means sample size, but I don't know*

LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser with AHA, Deluxe Sample

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Deluxe Sample

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually like Kit B more than A XD we are not getting perfume, that's awesome!! Also I'm intrigued about the lipstick gloss O.O
Me too! I am very into box!

Back