Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine did, if you want to know what's in it I put it in a spoiler tag.

Kit C

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse, Deluxe Sample

Diptyque Fragrance Sample

Exude Lipstick Creme-SS *I assume SS means sample size, but I don't know*

LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser with AHA, Deluxe Sample

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Deluxe Sample
SS could me sample size as you suggested.

But it could also mean Sample Society.

Last month the Lord & Berry eyeliner had an SS next to it on the dashboard, but it was a full size product.

You better check out the GB threads before you speak so quickly. I have had GB since day one and I am canceling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After seeing what I'll be getting in my A kit, I just cancelled my sub. I saw what GlossyBox USA members got last month and it makes SS look like a joke! I'll spend the additional $6 for a GlssyBox and get products that I can actually use!
So long Sample Society, you weren't worth it

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SS could me sample size as you suggested.

But it could also mean Sample Society.

Last month the Lord & Berry eyeliner had an SS next to it on the dashboard, but it was a full size product.
That would be awesome if it was full sized! :)

Ooh!!  Super excited!   I got the Oscar Blandi mousse already in my Birchbox, but that can't be helped...excited!!!

• bim-012_small2a.jpg
  • Immunocologie VenoMax Deluxe Sample

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Buy the full-size product » Shop the brand »
  • may-005_small2a.jpg
  • Maya Water Facial Mist Organic Goji Travel Size SS

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if I sign up now if I'll get this month's box or next month's?
Most likely next month, since the boxes are being prepared to ship today.

But just in case call their customer service. They are always incredibly nice and helpful.

My box has shipped and will be here on Wednesday! 

I'm really happy to sample a

LaRocca
product.  I had been wanting to try one of their body care products since seeing them in the Birchbox store.  I know what I will be using my 15.00 off code for this month!

That would be awesome if it was full sized! :)
I think its a full size.  All the other products say "deluxe sample" or in the case of a fragrance "sample".   As LisaLeah previously stated, the full size Lord and Berry Eyeliner we recieved last month also had the "SS" next to it.  The full size Vapour Organics lip gloss some of us got a couple of months ago also has the "SS" next to it on the list.

For the past 2 months, I've gotten dupe items in my box.  Last month, they said they would correct it and credited me back $3.00.  This month same thing.  Of course, it seemed no one corrected anything, and they said that I'm the only one it's ever happened to.  Aren't I special.  They're looking into it, will have someone contact me, and are crediting me $3.00 again.  I just want them to fix the problem.  While the dupes are fine, I really want to try new brands and new items.  

For the past 2 months, I've gotten dupe items in my box.  Last month, they said they would correct it and credited me back $3.00.  This month same thing.  Of course, it seemed no one corrected anything, and they said that I'm the only one it's ever happened to.  Aren't I special.  They're looking into it, will have someone contact me, and are crediting me $3.00 again.  I just want them to fix the problem.  While the dupes are fine, I really want to try new brands and new items.  
I wonder if they're tracking this, as the main point behind subbing is exposure to new or interesting products/brands.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think its a full size.  All the other products say "deluxe sample" or in the case of a fragrance "sample".   As LisaLeah previously stated, the full size Lord and Berry Eyeliner we recieved last month also had the "SS" next to it.  The full size Vapour Organics lip gloss some of us got a couple of months ago also has the "SS" next to it on the list.
I hope you're/we're correct!

I just checked and the tiny Diego Della Palma lipstick we got a few months ago said Deluxe Sample next to it. 

Not an SS.

I am getting kit C. The Loccitane and the Diptyque I got in my November box... I could see if I had been subbed for a long time but this is only month 5 for me.

Mine did, if you want to know what's in it I put it in a spoiler tag.

Kit C

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse, Deluxe Sample
Diptyque Fragrance Sample
Exude Lipstick Creme-SS *I assume SS means sample size, but I don't know*
LaRocca Skincare Hibiscus Cream Cleanser with AHA, Deluxe Sample
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Deluxe Sample

I got the Loccitane and the Diptyque  in my November box too, luckily I'm getting Kit B and not C. Try contacting CS? they usually help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've gotten a diptyque before too, perhaps its a different scent? it did say February fragrance.

Seems silly to give out multiple boxes and not try to avoid giving people repeats. I would be irritated. This is my first month though, so it isn't an issue for me... yet. I hope they get that sorted out for future boxes.

Also, I don't want to be a brat with box envy, especially since I haven't even gotten my box yet, BUT

I'm not a fan of random perfume samples AT ALL.

I would have been much happier with a facial mist, and I would have LOVED LOVED LOVED some shea butter.

I haven't seen anyone else post that they are getting Kit F.

I have 2 repeats from past SS boxes in here. 1 of the items I have actually gotten 2x before. (A certain expensive fragrance). Uh, I am tired of it! I want to be able to my $15 voucher on something that doesn't cost $90!

I emailed CS about my repeats. I will let ya'll know what they say. I was very nice and complimented them. I DO like Sample Society a lot overall.

I do enjoy SS and I even like the dupes I am getting. Especially the Shea hand cream. I even bought the full size. Getting dupes just defeats the purpose of me purchasing a sample box.

My dashboard has not updated yet. I am basing this off of another Kit C that was posted. Once it is confirmed I am getting the dupes, I will call customer service and whine a little. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back