Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit F here.  On their FB page on Jan 25, they said they'd give us a sneak peek, but nothing.... I'm always happy with the SS boxes so I can't wait!

I got kit B! I'm so excited to see what I get. I love BBSS boxes and you can't beat their customer service :) Even if I can't use the products myself, my friends are privy to my sample box obsession and look forward to getting little treats here and there.

The charge for this month's box just kind of disappeared from my bank account yesterday...not quite sure why.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No they posted a hint on their facebook the other day. This is what is says: Expect some gorgeous surprises, perfect for date night.
Thats what made me resubscribe! lol. I can't resist some valentine-y themed. lol

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting Kit A.  Do you guys like getting different boxes?  I still can't decide how I feel about it.  I kinda liked not having to worry about box envy, on the other hand I like the idea that they might be more catered to your preferences. 
I get serious box envy, I wish they just changed like the colors to suit different skin tones--or if they send skincare, changed to our skin TYPE but the same general products

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I signed up a couple weeks ago there were about six seven questions pretty basic and preferences for skin care makeup etc but just now checked my dashboard and it totally disappeared
yeah, you don't get the option to redo it.

Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I would like to see happen with S.S. is that they have their boxes influenced by the seasons and holidays. Winter have hair masks and red nail polish and for summer, bright colors and SPF products for example.

And an item for each category, hair, face, makeup, hands
YES! THIS. THIS SO MUCH. love love love. I think we should send all the companies links to the threads where we talk about what we want.lol I  REALLY wanted a Valentine's day bag from Ipsy, and thats not what they did :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I'm hoping to get it from SS

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah, you don't get the option to redo it.
You can if you call them, but the questions are things that like won't change: skin type, color, hair type, color...

Kit C!  hope its a good one. maybe I'll get this one before the end of the month!

Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I would like to see happen with S.S. is that they have their boxes influenced by the seasons and holidays. Winter have hair masks and red nail polish and for summer, bright colors and SPF products for example.

And an item for each category, hair, face, makeup, hands
That's a great idea! 

The charge for this month's box just kind of disappeared from my bank account yesterday...not quite sure why.
My charge did the same thing. It was pending for a few days and then disappeared.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boxes ship today, right?
I believe they actually ship the 1st Monday of the month, so Feb 4.  The dashboard always defaults til the 1st of the month til shipping actually starts.  

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My charge did the same thing. It was pending for a few days and then disappeared.
Has it shown back up?  Mine hasn't.

Has it shown back up?  Mine hasn't.
Nope, I just checked. It's so weird. I'll let you know if it shows back up. Are you a new subscriber? I am so I don't know if this is common for BBSS or not. I'll give it until Monday then I'll shoot them an email.

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, I just checked. It's so weird. I'll let you know if it shows back up. Are you a new subscriber? I am so I don't know if this is common for BBSS or not. I'll give it until Monday then I'll shoot them an email.
This will be my fifth box I think.  Maybe they're being nice and sending our boxes free of charge.  One can hope, right?  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Lol, I'm getting kit A...most of mine have been B, 2 of those I think and a C...not that it really matters that much. Wish SS did more spoilers instead of leaving us hanging like this!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, I'm getting kit A...most of mine have been B, 2 of those I think and a C...not that it really matters that much. Wish SS did more spoilers instead of leaving us hanging like this!
I know right? We never know what we are getting :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box shows shipped but there is no tracking # and on the order page it still says in process so I am not sure are they or aren't they shipped lol

My box shows shipped but there is no tracking # and on the order page it still says in process so I am not sure are they or aren't they shipped lol
Not shipped...they'll ship out next Monday and we'll probably get dashboard updates around then, maybe over the weekend?

Probably a packing label was created and put on your box but they don't usually ship until the first Monday of each month unless otherwise notified by Beauty Bar.

BBSS is one of the most reliable. The one month they did have a problem because of Hurricane Sandy they let everyone know right away. Otherwise they are like clockwork.

Latest posts

Back