Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have a coupon code they would like to trade?  I am still not subscribed to Sample Society, but love Diptyque perfumes and would love to get $15 off a purchase.  My trade list is in my signature.  Thanks!
bbsocietyfeb13     it's a generic code each month...bbsociety+3  letter month+2digit yr....

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who have been using the Immunocologie Venomax treatment cream - has the product broke you out? I don't have sensitive skin, but this morning I woke up with six break outs. I do like this product and will be kinda bummed if I have to throw it out :/
Dont throw it out!  When I get a product I can't use on my face, I can generally can use it on another body part.  The Clarks Botanials mask I recieved in my January box made my face sting and burn like crazy but I was able to use it on my feet when I gave myself a little DIY pedi.  The Murad product we rec'd one month had retinol in it, and I use Retin-A on my face, so I couldnt use it on my face, but I put the sample to good use by using it as a treatment for my chest.  I never throw samples away.  I find some use for it, expecially expensive products like the VenoMax. 

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks. I just started using the Clark Botanicals moisturizer last night that I received in last month's SS so I'll try out the venomax once I'm finished w/the CB.

I seriously need to try and use up all these samples. I should take a break from a couple of subs but I just can't do it. 
I was thinking the same thing. Rather than give up my beloved beauty subs for a while, I stopped buying my regular products.  I have 2 Birchboxes, Sample Society and Glossybox, plus all the samples from Sephora and the department store Gift with Purchase goodies that I can never pass up.  I ran out of my regular skin care items a couple of weeks ago, and have decided not to repurchase until I use up my samples.  So far my skin doesn't look like it minds all the different prodcuts I have been using, in fact it's never looked better!  Maybe it's good to change things up for a couple of weeks? I'm getting to the end of my samples now, so I will be purchasing a regular regime of products soon though. 

Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Larocca hibiscus cleanser was completely empty! I contacted SS and all they did was give me a $3 credit. She said the products were in limited amounts so she couldn't sende a replacement.

Anyone else have an empty bottle?
I got 2 boxes this month.  One of my cleanser containers was just about empty and the other was pretty full. 

Can you use your credit towards next month's box?  Just curious how the credit works.

I got 2 boxes this month.  One of my cleanser containers was just about empty and the other was pretty full.  Can you use your credit towards next month's box?  Just curious how the credit works.
I got like 4 uses out of my cleanser and I think I read somewhere that the credits they give are 4 their store, might b wrong tho

Gilt is having a sale on Exude. It's an older sale but there are still a lot of lipsticks left.

I bought a lip trio for $49 (minus my $25 Gilt credit)...so it came to about $35 with tax and shipping.

It contains the lip creme in Pink #2, Rosy Brown and the lip gloss in Dusty Pink.

They are also selling lip duos for $38. 

Just wanted to pass this along if anyone was interested.

And btw, did anyone get the Rosy Brown? It looks a bit nicer/brighter than the other Brown color they have.

Let me know if anyone has tried it.

Thanks!!!

For those of you who have been using the Immunocologie Venomax treatment cream - has the product broke you out? I don't have sensitive skin, but this morning I woke up with six break outs. I do like this product and will be kinda bummed if I have to throw it out :/
I noticed after I use my Clarisonic and apply the cream, for a few seconds it does have a burn-tingle feeling. But no breakouts

Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed after I use my Clarisonic and apply the cream, for a few seconds it does have a burn-tingle feeling. But no breakouts
I used my micro delivery last night and it did have a bit of burn-tingle feeling, but nothing too bad! I've had other just regular moisturizers that have burned much more on my cheek bones.

Have a question girls. I subscribe to ipsy and beauty army. Is this sub better or worse than them? Trying to decide if i should subscribe or not

they are different subs, this one is geared towards an older crowd than ipsy and fancier products. I have a few reviews of it on my blog if u want to check em out

It's just different - depends on what you're looking for. I don't know about Beauty Army, but between SS & Ipsy:

SS has more

• skincare
  • brands you would find at the likes of Barney's, Henri Bendel, Saks. Occasional drugstore.
  • over all expensive box values
  • reliable and positive customer service

Ipsy has more

• make-up
  • youthful/trendy brands: drugstore, sephora (all over the spectrum high & low)
  • newer brands

For promotions/coupons:

• Ipsy has discounts/coupon codes to particpating vendors on their brand sites.
  • SS has $15 off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.com if you buy anything from an included brand
  • Both places have generic codes, you don't have to be a member to use the discounts.

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have a question girls. I subscribe to ipsy and beauty army. Is this sub better or worse than them? Trying to decide if i should subscribe or not

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's just different - depends on what you're looking for. I don't know about Beauty Army, but between SS & Ipsy:

SS has more

• skincare
  • brands you would find at the likes of Barney's, Henri Bendel, Saks. Occasional drugstore.
  • over all expensive box values
  • reliable and positive customer service

Ipsy has more

• make-up
  • youthful/trendy brands: drugstore, sephora (all over the spectrum high & low)
  • newer brands

For promotions/coupons:

• Ipsy has discounts/coupon codes to particpating vendors on their brand sites.
  • SS has $15 off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.com if you buy anything from an included brand
  • Both places have generic codes, you don't have to be a member to use the discounts.
And one more thing, Sample Society gives you a FREE subscription to Allure magazine when you subscribe. Also if you refer a friend, they make a donation to charity.

It's a really GREAT company if you want these type of products.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope I get that color and not coral or pink!
Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what color did you get???
I would have loved the pink.  I received the brown.  It feels like I receive brown a lot, so my expectations are really low.  If I ever receive a pretty pink lipstick in one of my sample boxes, I will be elated and full of joy!

Latest posts

Back