Sample Society: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did get and it's quite the opposite, I love it! My skin absorbs it super easy and I love the smell, it doesn't smell old at all, more like fresh and natural idk I like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But we all have different taste 

I received that Snowberry cream in a Beauty Sage sample box and hated it. It pilled up when I applied my primer or foundation over it. I even tried applying the Snowberry nourishing day cream at night and applied my primer the next morning and it still pilled up. It did not like my skin, lol.

I also got the Snowberry lite day cream and love it.  Not enough to spend $95 on but I'm happy I got to try it.

I did not care for the Snowberry smell. It did not seem to moisturize my face good enough either. I have really dry skin so I wasn't expecting it to wow me.

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got the Snowberry lite day cream and love it.  Not enough to spend $95 on but I'm happy I got to try it.
you can get it for about $45 or so from Dermstore :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1st: $59 not $45 my bad didn't really look.

and what do you mean by how old is it? Like if the product is old and probably bad? idk and I don't work for Dermstore so idc...I was just saying they had it cheaper. Idk if Dermstore sells old products...Never had a bad experience w them

I'm actually liking Box F more than I expected to.  The eyeliner is the best one I have for the waterline, so that was a pleasant surprise, and the Delaney eye cream *feels* soothing, even though I don't know if it does anything (my eye area was already fine, so I don't know what it could do that would be noticeable).  The hand creme is nice (I kind of like the scent), and I really like the Pantene hair thickener so far.  I haven't looked up the value of anything, but the only thing that is absolutely useless to me is the Strivectin scrub.  I guess I'll use it for traveling or something.  (And the perfume, but that I assume that went without saying.)  

For my first month, I'm pleased I have this rather than BB.  I got so many useless foil packets from them of stuff I'd never use.

Has anyone tried the Serge Normant dry shampoo?  I tried it today and could not believe how horrible my hair felt after.  Maybe I used too much but it felt like I had tons of hairspray on the top of my head.  I tried brushing it out and gently rubbing it with a damp towel but finally I had to wash it out with the Number 4 clarifying shampoo I got from BB.  I would be very careful when you use this and go very lightly with it.  Maybe it was user error but I will not try that again!

Has anyone tried the Serge Normant dry shampoo?  I tried it today and could not believe how horrible my hair felt after.  Maybe I used too much but it felt like I had tons of hairspray on the top of my head.  I tried brushing it out and gently rubbing it with a damp towel but finally I had to wash it out with the Number 4 clarifying shampoo I got from BB.  I would be very careful when you use this and go very lightly with it.  Maybe it was user error but I will not try that again!
I hated it!  Went on waaaaay too white and made my hair feel crazy sticky, too.  And I tried to use light sprays...but just couldn't get it to work for me.

Originally Posted by millhavenslotti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...the only thing that is absolutely useless to me is the Strivectin scrub. ...  (And the perfume, but that I assume that went without saying.)  
LOL! Nicole Richey gets no respect - that's hillarious! Believe me, I have the same expectations about the perfume.

I'm kind of torn about my future with Sample Society.  On one hand, I use a fair amount of the stuff I've received, but on the hand, the boxes are somewhat...boring.  I think the element of discovery and surprise is greater with other subs.  Of course, then I fear that the month I cancel will have a stupendous box.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hated it!  Went on waaaaay too white and made my hair feel crazy sticky, too.  And I tried to use light sprays...but just couldn't get it to work for me.
ok, glad it wasn't just me. i like the smell but my hair lost all shine, looked dirty and dull, and felt dry. glad i was able to get away with a ponytail.

I cancelled for now. I agree there is lack of surprise. A black eye liner and dry shampoo are pretty dull.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok, glad it wasn't just me. i like the smell but my hair lost all shine, looked dirty and dull, and felt dry. glad i was able to get away with a ponytail.
I also got my hair feeling super dry after this, but I'll keep on trying either way. Maybe if I apply less it won't happen? We'll see...

Got my box today!  I'm pretty happy with it...other than the stinky perfume and the black eyeliner...again...with the eyeliner.  Hrmph.  But the eye serum and the lipgloss and the scrub will certainly be put to good use.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And the Pantene spray was a nice surprise, too.  I'll try it all out and see  how it goes.  

At the risk of getting pelted with tomatoes...I kinda loved the Nicole Ritchie perfume
icon_redface.gif
.  I didn't expect to, but I do.  If anybody just wants to get rid of it I'll trade you a black eyeliner
smilehappyyes.gif

Back