Sample Society July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random question about SS and Beautybar.com.

Are they owned by Amazon?

Because I placed an order with soap.com ( one of the brands listed at the top of the page) for some organic cleaning products, and found out that soap.com is an Amazon company.

I hope we get whats pictured!!  The wording is tricky...

I signed up back up, though!

I don't mine AT ALL getting L'Oreal.  And that lipstick is amazing!  I love it so much!  I hope I get it in a different color (sort of, I really like the one I have--blushing harmony-).

Ahh!! So much good stuff in that box! 

I hope they don't turn completely away from skin care because I really enjoyed getting nice brands in the previous SS boxes.

They confirmed on FB that everyone WILL be getting the 5 items from the spoiler article, with variations for color in the nail polish and lipstick/stain/gloss (THIS IS WHY I CALL THEM ALL "LIPPIES")

• NAME REDACTED: just when i think im out they pull me back in! will each box get all 5 items listed in the link??
    Like · Reply · 5 · June 25 at 12:14pm

BeautyBar.com Yes, each box will get all of the 5 items listed! Welcome back!

I'm really hoping the lip stuff is a mini!  I love minis with a fiery passion.  They're just *adorable*.  And *so* looking forward to the hair mask!  Gah.  Is it here yet? 

(And I'm super curious to see the box itself.  I'm hoping it's still the same size as the black boxes.  It looks like it has the potential of being a larger box like Glossybox, but I would love a smaller shiny red box.) 

(And I'm wondering if they're going to continue with the piles of black crinkly paper shreds for packing.  My cats *love* to dig that stuff out of wherever I thought it was safely away from them and string it *all over* my apartment.)

I wonder if from now on they will revealing the content of each box like this month or just one spoiler before the box is released like before... Anyone knows? It will be great to know what's coming and we can decide to get that's month box or not.

I wonder if from now on they will revealing the content of each box like this month or just one spoiler before the box is released like before... Anyone knows? It will be great to know what's coming and we can decide to get that's month box or not.
My guess is that this was a special pre-relaunch preview to try to get people like me (bailed because UGH SO BORING, SAMPLE SOCIETY) back. It worked, but only time will tell if they will sustain this or slip back into the same old boring crap that drove me away.

I'm going to stay through July (Yay already know it's fabulous!) and August (Birthday Month!) and then decide from there.  At that point, I either *have* to cut Ipsy, or go down to one Birchbox regardless of how many 100 point codes they release.

(Honestly, I'm really hoping for SS to become an awesome monthly sub.  I'll gladly cancel Ipsy and pay an extra $5/mo for Butter London and Laura Mercier over Be A Bombshell and Pop Beauty)

(Honestly, I'm really hoping for SS to become an awesome monthly sub. I'll gladly cancel Ipsy and pay an extra $5/mo for Butter London and Laura Mercier over Be A Bombshell and Pop Beauty)
So much this. If they curated boxes to go with whatever they're featuring in the magazine, I would probably even pay to renew my subscription (got it free with an e.l.f. order for Secret Santa).

Wow! That box is so amazing! A little of everything and I agree with a previous poster who said that it can be pretty skincare-heavy sometimes. A variety in the box and I'm a happy girl!

So much this. If they curated boxes to go with whatever they're featuring in the magazine, I would probably even pay to renew my subscription (got it free with an e.l.f. order for Secret Santa).
SO that solves the mystery of where my Allure subscription came from!!! I thought it was from SS but then read that they didn't do that anymore...

Hi! I was going to join today and try to get the July box, but does anyone know of any promotions? I saw that there was a blank where you could put one in, so I was wondering if I could get one some how. Also, is it to late to sign up for the July box if I order today? Thanks  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi! I was going to join today and try to get the July box, but does anyone know of any promotions? I saw that there was a blank where you could put one in, so I was wondering if I could get one some how. Also, is it to late to sign up for the July box if I order today? Thanks  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think today is the last day to join to receive July box.

I called customer care and they said I could sign up for the July box all the way to the ship date. I guess since they pushed the ship date back, it gives us longer to sign up? so excited for the laura mercier! Hopefully it will help me fake a tan since i'm stuck inside everyday...

Thanks to @ in the Ipsy thread I heard the siren song of lippies and nail polish and answered the call!  My check out page said the box would ship July 11th so here is hoping I get this month!  Can't wait to see if the have color variations and if so what they are!

I am new to SS.  I have Ipsy, BB and had Glossybox in the past.  Bring it newly revamped SS!

PS is there a FAQ page like for other subs?  I saw on the check out I will be charged each month day it ships but just want to have an out in case I need/want to cance!  TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to @ in the Ipsy thread I heard the siren song of lippies and nail polish and answered the call!  My check out page said the box would ship July 11th so here is hoping I get this month!  Can't wait to see if the have color variations and if so what they are!

I am new to SS.  I have Ipsy, BB and had Glossybox in the past.  Bring it newly revamped SS!

PS is there a FAQ page like for other subs?  I saw on the check out I will be charged each month day it ships but just want to have an out in case I need/want to cance!  TIA!

I think July 11 is the ship date for everyone, so you should be good.  It looks like it will be a really terrific month!

I cancelled Sample Society about 6 months ago but after this amazing spoiler I'm back in the game :smilehappyyes:    The Laura Mercier alone was enough to bring me back, I almost bought one of those last Sunday!

Latest posts

Back