Sample Society June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 5 box set came!!! Overall I'm really happy. A got a suki face scrub which is completely dried up (like rock hard....no way I can use this) and the Demeter perfume is stinky (no offense if you like it, it's just not for me) but everything else I'm pretty happy with and only got dupes of 1 item. I want to order another set now!!
I got that dried up Suki face scrub too. I moistened it with water and used it as a hand scrub. Smells nice!

My 5 box set (set A) came and I love it! My favorites are the 2 Butter London Horsepowers, 1 Butter London nail polish, and a Stila mini lipstick in "Vivienne"--a perfect color for me. 

I have to say the most fun was just opening it. It felt like Christmas!

My 5 box set (set A) came and I love it! My favorites are the 2 Butter London Horsepowers, 1 Butter London nail polish, and a Stila mini lipstick in "Vivienne"--a perfect color for me. 

I have to say the most fun was just opening it. It felt like Christmas!
Which boxes did you get in your set A? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I got: September Kit A 1 Sample Society January Kit B 1 Sample Society January Kit D 1 Sample Society February Kit D 1 Sample Society May Kit D 1

So much fun to play with all of it!
Oh awesome! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got Set A too, but I ordered this week and so I'm only getting three of the boxes you received. 

My Kit B 5 boxes came yesterday. Like several people my favorite items are the Butter products. I got two butter polishes at $15 each and the Butter cuticle oil at $19 plus everything else. I'm super happy with this value.

For people worried about expiration dates.

Most products do say to start counting after you open the product.

Ex. 12 months after opening, etc. it will show that jar symbol.

Unless it lists an actual date the product can't be used past you should be safe. Use these samples first in your sample collection thou.

The "new" box is what I'm staying subscribed for, I'm intrigued with the changes and want to give them a chance before I make my decision.  That being said, I'll give them a month or two and see what the fuss is all about and make a decision after that... overall Sample Society has been great (this month's box is an exception) HOWEVER maybe they were getting rid of the junk before starting up a new box!!  (I'm hoping so anyway.)  

I've order two set of the 5 for $25 sets and I they are indeed wonderful and make me feel like it's my birthday! 

I caved and bought A & C.  The email shows I am getting 4 boxes with 3 variations of the April box.  Not sure I really wanted 4 eyeliners and blotting papers.  Just luck of the draw.

I caved and bought A & C.  The email shows I am getting 4 boxes with 3 variations of the April box.  Not sure I really wanted 4 eyeliners and blotting papers.  Just luck of the draw.
I want 4 eyeliners! Jealous. Are those coming from A or C?

Update...I just checked my order as well (B&C) and I'm getting 4 as well. I guess I just didn't think they'd all be from this year? I'd be super excited if they were though.

Last edited by a moderator:
 It has some crazy lip gloss in it.  I think its called Exude or something and it looks like a tube of lipstick with a clear rubberish top but its lipgloss and it fills up the clear part and wow... oof, too hard to explain.  Its cool!
I got that too, it is cool.  I can't decide if I like the gloss or not, it's got a little bit of milkiness to it and tastes like toothpaste.  

They've rebranded as Allure Sample Society and promised every a Laura Mercier highlighter in July. I've re subscribed. I will give them another shot and see how it goes.

Back