Sample Society June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Kit D? Ugh. I'm done. Two perfume samples and four moisturizer samples? I don't wear perfume, and I have so many moisturizer samples that I'm not even interested in trying any more.

I don't mind getting skincare, but at least make it a variety of products. An eye cream or a face wash, something like that.
I kind of feel the same way. I love skin care products, especially moisturizers, but so many in one box is too much. This is my third month with them and it has been almost all skin care. When I was stalking the threads to see previous boxes there was hair care and a little make up and those Jane Tran bobby pins (which I adore) along with a couple of skin care items. Maybe it goes through cycles. I may give it another month or two.

Never mind. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't wear perfume.  It seems a little ludicrous to include TWO perfumes when they are such a love/hate thing for most people.

I don't mind moisturizers but I do agree that a variety is FAR better suited to sample boxes.

/sigh

This might be my first bummer box from Sample Society.  I'm not giving up on them yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I'm so glad I quit this month. That's the THIRD time in 9 months that they've sent that exact same moisturizer. Third time. There's no excuse for that. That's also the second time in just a few months that that particular perfume sample has been sent.

Ugh, I'm so glad I quit this month. That's the THIRD time in 9 months that they've sent that exact same moisturizer. Third time. There's no excuse for that. That's also the second time in just a few months that that particular perfume sample has been sent.
Are you sure it's the exact same product? I emailed them last month because I got another Ouidad product that I thought they had already sent... They rudely wrote back that they had sent a lot of Ouidad products but not that exact one.

Well all I have is the description that was given here, but I know for a fact that I've gotten that one twice as an exact dupe, and they credited my account $5 for that

Kit B for me

I subscribe to Sample Society specifically for the higher end skincare that they send.  For example, I highly doubt I'd ever see Sisley in Ipsy, but that's ok because I get Ipsy for bright lipsticks.  lol  That said, I do get overexcited when SS sends me BL and I do enjoy the makeup they send.

Kit E. All I really want to get is the Orlane sample. If I get that, I don't mind getting perfume samples and moisturizers.

Kit E. All I really want to get is the Orlane sample. If I get that, I don't mind getting perfume samples and moisturizers.
That's kind of how I feel, too. I really wanted to try Orlane anything to see what the fuss is all about.

someone call and see what is in Kit E!! This is my first month and thats what I'm getting!

You can email the customer service and they will answer your request very quickly with the contents of your box. I don't know why they don't just put the contents up when they show which kit you're getting...

I call this morning for Kit C contents:

Borghese Fango Deep Hydration Finishing Treatment:  repeat brand but this body moisturizer/oil. I'm excited to try it.
Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume: already sampled this in Birchbox, but I like it, no complaints
H2O Plus Night Oasis Oxygenating Rejuvenator: meh repeat brand and similar product type (not the same one though), nothing about this line impresses me
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2 Day & Night Face Cream: new brand and product and I'm really excited to try a $105 moisturizer
Orlane Paris Super Moisturizing Concentrate: repeat brand for me, but last time it was a lip moisturizer which was a little weird, I'm looking forward to trying this out.
Purlisse PurMoist Hydra-Balance Moisturizer: meh I don't like products with soy for my face, AND I just got this from Ipsy last month, and I've received it from some other box in the past as well, will be traded. 

Two different customer service people insisted that they could not find the contents of Kit B in their system. I emailed and called!

Now I'm not sure if they're lying or just can't find the contents. Oh well...

Does anyone know how large the Juliette has a gun samples usually are? This is the first I've received.

Kit b

Juliette has A Gun Eau de Parfum Deluxe Sample

H20 Plus Night Oasis Oxygenating Rejuvenator Deluxe Sample

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2 -3ml

Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Serum Deluxe Sample

Orlane Paris Super Moisturizing Concentrate Deluxe Sample

Purlisse PurMoist Hydra-Balance Moisturizer Deluxe Sample

I am getting Kit E, here is what they told me I was receiving

Borghese Fango Deep Hydration Finishing Treatment

Juliette has a Gun Anyway Eau da Parfum Deluxe Sample

H2O Plus Night Oasis Oxygenating Rejuvenator Deluxe

Karin Herzog Vita-Kombi 2