Sample Society June 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard anything about June yet?
this was posted on Allure's Daily Beauty Reporter  today.....

Next month's box begins shipping on June 5th and it’s packed with six moreAllure editors’ favorites, including a Best of Beauty Breakthroughs winner, St. Tropez Self Tan Express to help you fake your summer tan. There’s also a 2015 Readers’ Choice winner tucked inside—but you’ll just have to wait and see which one.

Interesting... 6 items again this month. I am not that excited about self tanner since I embrace my pale. I can always give it to an enthusiastic sun lover though. I kind of love that they gave us just a hint for a second item next month. Fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Thanks for the info! I'll try the self-tanner even though self-tanners are not my friend. They typically end up uneven or too orange on me regardless of how much prep work I do and if I apply with a mit or a hand.

I really wish that self tanners were not included in subscription boxes, it just seems an item many can't use. I personally embrace my Scottish/Irish paleness and avoid them, but I can always give it away. I am happy to hear we get six items again and looking forward to see what items they include, I really have enjoyed everything from May's box. 

this was posted on Allure's Daily Beauty Reporter  today.....

Next month's box begins shipping on June 5th and it’s packed with six moreAllure editors’ favorites, including a Best of Beauty Breakthroughs winner, St. Tropez Self Tan Express to help you fake your summer tan. There’s also a 2015 Readers’ Choice winner tucked inside—but you’ll just have to wait and see which one.

Interesting... 6 items again this month. I am not that excited about self tanner since I embrace my pale. I can always give it to an enthusiastic sun lover though. I kind of love that they gave us just a hint for a second item next month. Fun.
Yo, I'm so pale that people who don't know me constantly ask if I'm feeling ok, so definitely not into the tanner, but I can probably give it away like all of you. I understand that it's a summer thing regular people like to use. I really liked last month and the smell of the Alterna heat spray was killer, so I'm looking forward to this one. 

Just received this email today:

NEWS TO KNOW

Sample Society will be coming to an end with the June box. But not to fear! You can still discover the best beauty samples with Allure Beauty Box, a new monthly sampling service that will be managed exclusively by Allure.

Want to receive the new Allure Beauty Box? Perfect! You don’t need to take any action. As a loyal Sample Society subscriber, we’ll take care of all the details for you – no need to update your account or credit card info at this time.

If you’d prefer not to receive Allure Beauty Box, please log on to your account and click ‘Cancel Membership’ or give us a call at 1-888-696-0423. We ask that you cancel by June 15 th.

After July, you can still cancel whenever you want; however, please direct all questions and comments about your subscription to Allure ( [email protected] or 1-800-274-1603). Plus, starting on June 15 th, be sure to check the official Allure Beauty Box page for updates on your monthly box.

Please note that the $10 monthly gift code will not be offered through Allure Beauty Box. Your June code will be valid through July 5 th.

Thank you,

The Sample Society team

ETA: So customer service was left in the dark last month. This explains why they were not taking on any new subscribers for the last couple of months.  Hopefully the change in management means consistently awesome boxes!

I got that email too, but I haven't been subscribed since September. Weird.

I got the same email telling me to cancel by June 15. I haven't been subscribed in over a year. I'll be super irritated if I get charged for a long cancelled sub during their transition to an Allure-only service. I'm hoping the email was just a lazy way of reaching the max amount of people versus being a plan to actually reinitiate old subs. I recall something like this happened when they last reorganized, where former customers who had cancelled long before received calls and PMs asking them to subscribe to the then-new and improved service. If memory serves (and it often doesn't the older I get), they charged/attempted to charge everyone for whom they maintained credit card info. I really hope they handle things better this time but the email blast doesn't inspire much confidence.

Hmm, yeah I've been cancelled for some months. I'm half tempted to let it ride and see if I get a box. On the other hand I'm trying to save $$ right now... Not sure if I want them to be weasels or not.

This is such a jumbled mess.  They rebranded last year to Allure.  So now they are re-rebranding to Allure AGAIN?  I wonder if the boxes will change at all or if this is more just ditching the coupon and changing what company is handling the billing, customer service, etc. 

I got the same email and I'm a current subscriber. I'll stay on to see how this goes. I'm interested to see if they change it at all and what the next box will be like.

I am interested in seeing the first emails and spoilers that Allure sends out about the Allure Beauty box subscription/July box. I hope they do something spectacular for their 1st box .....

Meanwhile, we still have the Final June Sample Society box coming!

Has anyone looked at the list of 2015 readers choice awards?  

I am always excited to get anti-aging skin care products. Any of those would get applause from me. Especially a sunscreen. It would be here just in time for Summer. 

I would also love to try either of the lip crayons or either of the pale pink nail polishes. Love the color on all of those. 

What do you hope the award winning product included in the June box will be? 

I'm not big on lip color and I end up giving it away - and the nailpolish just goes in a case in the closet for my daughters when they get in the mood.  I initially subscribed because I heard this sub was the most skin care heavy and that is what I like getting so I am going to hope for skin care - or mascara.  I do love mascara and haven't had to buy any in over a year based on boxes but I'm just about out of my Benefit Roller Lash.  

I love getting skin care, mascara and good brushes in my boxes.  Mascara is the only makeup I really use regularly - and sometimes BB cream.

I initially subscribed because I heard this sub was the most skin care heavy and that is what I like getting so I am going to hope for skin care - or mascara. 
It is a bit pricier but one of the subs I have been looking at is Beauty Fix. The last 3 months have been reviewed by Mysubscriptionaddiction. If you are looking for a skin care heavy box, you might be interested. 

I'm most interested to see what they are doing about pricing.... anyone have the scoop on that yet?

It is a bit pricier but one of the subs I have been looking at is Beauty Fix. The last 3 months have been reviewed by Mysubscriptionaddiction. If you are looking for a skin care heavy box, you might be interested. 
Ooh... thank you!  I will check it out.  I am aging and yet my skin still sucks and breaks out like it did when I was a teenager 15 years ago so I love getting a shot at everything.  One day I'm going to find a wrinkle cream that is anti acne too.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I wonder if customer service would know?
I do not remember where I read it, I think it was MSA. Someone posted that they called Customer service and they did not know anything about that. She was transferred to someone and they said they would not know anything about pricing until July. I personally do not think the price will change.

I am pretty sure their customer service will not be given any info on it until they officially start selling the subscriptions... I am guessing around June 15th when the Allure Beauty box page will be up. 

Do you think they  have a contract with Beautybar that they are waiting to expire before they are able to sell the subs? 

I just got an email that I was dropped from the service because my credit card expired. I had gotten an email maybe about a month ago about my card expiring and forgot all about it. Another reminder before dropping would have been nice. First I was really mad but I guess it's better for my budget. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Now I'm rooting for you all who are still in it to see what the boxes will be like after no more Sample Society.

I'm guessing it's less of a rebranding and more of a change in who handles the customer service and sending out of boxes. The Beauty Bar website is pretty archaic. I'd love to see the customer dashboard be a little more user friendly and informative.

That said, their customer service has been absolutely stellar for me. I'd be surprised if Allure can manage service as well. We'll see.

It would make sense also, if they've a contract with Beauty Bar that's set to expire. It would explain not taking on new subscribers, too. I'd be surprised if the price changed since that's part of it's appeal.

Latest posts

Back