Sample Society June 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That said, their customer service has been absolutely stellar for me. I'd be surprised if Allure can manage service as well. We'll see.
I totally agree with you on that. I am worried that Shipping will become an issue. Beautybar was always the best. I would get my box the day after is shipped. 

Oo, I didn't think about shipping. I'd love it to be faster :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I'm used to it taking 8 days or so to get to me since I live on the West Coast and it's sent UPS ground. I'd love some priority mail 2/3 day, though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I called customer service where they gave infomration AFTER verifying I was subscriber...Cotz Sheer Matte Finish SP40 deluxe sample, ELF make up brush, winner of 2015 Readers Choice awards..Lauren B polo loung nail polish (appears summery hot pinky?) the self tanner, Completely Bare Waxstrips 8, eSalon Perfect Ending Hair Conditioner...3 or 4 out of 6 ain't bad. ...I'm trying the new box in july and if ain't working for me...I am upgrading to PopSugar or someone else...I guess for the money...meh..

anyone have any suggestions for an upgrade ...I am new to sample subscriptions and just don't think I am going to stay with sample society.

I called customer service where they gave infomration AFTER verifying I was subscriber...Cotz Sheer Matte Finish SP40 deluxe sample, ELF make up brush, winner of 2015 Readers Choice awards..Lauren B polo loung nail polish (appears summery hot pinky?) the self tanner, Completely Bare Waxstrips 8, eSalon Perfect Ending Hair Conditioner...3 or 4 out of 6 ain't bad. ...I'm trying the new box in july and if ain't working for me...I am upgrading to PopSugar or someone else...I guess for the money...meh..
I'm staying on as well. Good variety in this box but some of the products are a little 'meh' to me.

anyone have any suggestions for an upgrade ...I am new to sample subscriptions and just don't think I am going to stay with sample society.
I kind of feel like if you don't love sample society, glossybox / birchbox won't be any better because over time they are all kind of the same to me.  What kind of products do you like?  More skincare, hair care, makeup, or do you like home, fitness, or other lifestyle items?  These are all of my favorites (I clearly have a sub box problem)...

I have higher end taste and prefer full sizes and lifestyle boxes over sample boxes.  My all time favorite sub is popsugar must have, but after 3 years I'm sort of wondering if I should just do the limited edition boxes.  I have too many thingggggs.  It's the one box I truly missed when I took a couple of months off, so I am having a hard time hitting the cancel button.  Definitely a must have for those who are new to the sub box world though.  I also love Rachel Zoe's Style box and Nina Garcia's quarterly box for style/fashion. 

If you are more into an artisanal feel than high end stuff, check out Style Quarterly.  They are a newer company but they haven't disappointed me yet.

If you are into fitness I love Bianca Jade's quarterly box.  She really pours her heart and soul into the curation.  Even if some of the items miss the mark, overall I think it's the best fitness sub out there.  You get to try a new workout, some fitness items, and even a beauty or lifestyle item in each box.

If you are into meditation and yoga and self help, Arianna Huffington's quarterly box is a really nice one. 

I haven't really found a makeup sample sub I like, ipsy gets SO REPETITIVE with the brands they offer.  I am really loving jouer's quarterly box because the brand is amazing and it's a great way to try the entire line.  Le Metier de Beaute has a sub too (I think the subscription window is open now) but it's a lot of money up front and I don't find myself reaching for it the way I have been with the jouer.  

I only subscribe to this and BoxyCharm at this point.  I have been very happy with Boxy Charm.  There are always still the nailpolishes or pink lip colors I don't love but the rest of the box I always really like.  I've gotten all of my nice brushes from them and some great Tarte products as well.  

I had GlossyBox for a while when it was gifted to me but I didn't extend because I liked Boxy better.  I had Ipsy for about a year and thought it was cute and fun but I ended up with bag overload (most of them ugly IMO) and found that most months, I was giving more than half away to others.  I'm a neutral, minimal makeup and traditional colors type. I think Ipsy is great if you are into bold colors.  Nearly everyone I work with subscribes to ipsy and loves it.  It's just not for me.  

I got boxycharm for a while and liked it. The only reason I stopped because I was on a box over load. Still trying to cut back but it's not working. It seems like I keep adding more boxes to my list and cancelling. I'm doing a horrible job at this. Too many good box companies to choose from. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I got boxycharm for a while and liked it. The only reason I stopped because I was on a box over load. Still trying to cut back but it's not working. It seems like I keep adding more boxes to my list and cancelling. I'm doing a horrible job at this. Too many good box companies to choose from. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Definitely let us know how that Mishibox goes, I'm too skittish to sub now but if the box is good I'll probably jump on that kbeauty train and dump sample society

Still trying to cut back but it's not working. It seems like I keep adding more boxes to my list and cancelling. I'm doing a horrible job at this. Too many good box companies to choose from. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You are so right.  I'm not even a big makeup person but since starting - I'm an addict.  I only sub to 2 and yet I have boxes of stuff all over my dresser that it will be months before I can get through - and I still am tempted to get more boxes.  Even in overload, I never want to cancel because I am positive that the month I cancel will inevitably be the best box that company ever put out.  

I called customer service where they gave infomration AFTER verifying I was subscriber...Cotz Sheer Matte Finish SPf40 deluxe sample, ELF make up brush, winner of 2015 Readers Choice awards..Lauren B polo loung nail polish (appears summery hot pinky?) the self tanner, Completely Bare Waxstrips 8, eSalon Perfect Ending Hair Conditioner...3 or 4 out of 6 ain't bad. ...I'm trying the new box in july and if ain't working for me...I am upgrading to PopSugar or someone else...I guess for the money...meh..
This is a great summer box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I logged into my Sample Society account today and looked at my order status, as I was just charged. The status on my June order says "back ordered", has anyone else seen this?

I got a shipping notice from UPS My Choice, sounds like my box will be here Wednesday, but I'm usually dead last to receive them.

I got a shipping notice this morning. Don't know how I'll feel about the products aside from the self-tanner until I get them in my hands. 

Back