Sample Society September 2014 - Spoilers & Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my! Has anyone ever tried this eye cream before?
I've never tried Restorsea before. It was pricey to take a chance on it and not available in stores. Technically I know the founder's brother. We used to work together. They are a family of smart, jovial overachievers. 

Restorsea's founder does have a good cosmetics pedigree and of course, there are plenty of rave reviews. For $15, I'm totally in. I signed up right away. 

Why have I never subbed to this box before??!!  I just signed up today and I CAN'T freaking wait to get it.  The last 2 months boxes looked amazing.  I got so sick of what I consider low-ish end stuff from Ipsy (please don't take offense if you enjoy Ipsy, it was just not a good fit for me) and I never seemed to get stuff I liked from BB either.  It looks like SS sends a good product mix from great brands.

I've read some reviews online that were pretty good for this eye cream. I'm excited because I'm always up for an eye cream, especially a full size one! I hate sample packets because it would have to be some AMAZING cream to make a difference in one use!

I've read some reviews online that were pretty good for this eye cream. I'm excited because I'm always up for an eye cream, especially a full size one! I hate sample packets because it would have to be some AMAZING cream to make a difference in one use!
Even deluxe size samples are sometimes not big enough to see some changes too!

I know it was already spoiled on here, but they posted the eye-cream on their Facebook!

Screenshot_36.png

They said " Who's ready for September ‪#‎SampleSociety‬ Spoiler #1!? We are SO excited: everyone will receive a full size Restorsea eye cream ($85 retail value) in their September box! That's more than 5x the price of the box itself, and it's only 1 of the 5 products in the box!

Tag your friends and remember: Sample Society is only $15 per month (+tax). Sign up by 9/4 to receive your September box. Join today: http://bit.ly/1s5oMek"
Hopefully this means they will spoil some more soon!

I just received a "We miss you! Resubscribe to the new Allure Sample Society now!" Which... Did that already. Two or three months ago. What?

As a side note, this sub's acronym was pointed out to me yesterday. I had not noticed it before.

I just received a "We miss you! Resubscribe to the new Allure Sample Society now!" Which... Did that already. Two or three months ago. What?

As a side note, this sub's acronym was pointed out to me yesterday. I had not noticed it before.
Did you create two accounts with the same email? One that has a subscription and one that does not? If not, I would contact them if I were you even if it says you are subscribed on their website. It is always better to be safe than sorry!

Acronym?--do tell.  

Sept's box will be my first US beauty sub box! (I bought a box from Memebox not long ago.) The eye cream sealed the deal for me, like it did for so many others. I am just a tad worried about whether it will be useful for me? Is anyone of you 23 years old or younger and are getting this box? Am I starting on anti-aging creams too soon? You know how there are articles floating around the internet about how anti-aging stuff might be more harmful than beneficial sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's really ever to early to start doing anti aging preventative care. At least not as long as you are using products that are appropriate for your skin type. Since you're so young, you probably don't need retinoids or anything with collagen, glycolic acid. Using these types of products will most likely do a lot more harm than good. An eye cream, and antioxidants would most likely be just right. 

Sept's box will be my first US beauty sub box! (I bought a box from Memebox not long ago.) The eye cream sealed the deal for me, like it did for so many others. I am just a tad worried about whether it will be useful for me? Is anyone of you 23 years old or younger and are getting this box? Am I starting on anti-aging creams too soon? You know how there are articles floating around the internet about how anti-aging stuff might be more harmful than beneficial sometimes.
Start using it before you get wrinkles, and you'll get them later, and get fewer of 'em. I took crappy care of my skin until my early 30s and I regret it. 

Start using it before you get wrinkles, and you'll get them later, and get fewer of 'em. I took crappy care of my skin until my early 30s and I regret it.
You are soo very right! I am 51 and I have less wrinkles than some 30 year olds. Been stuck at that "I can see wrinkles" while everyone else says I don't have any, stage for over 15 years . Yeah you have to be a few inches from the mirror but there is something there.

But I just found something that makes that go away entirely! Woot woot!

This thread.... Couldn't find it under general, so I made a new post. Whoopsie! Even did searches... So glad this box has more of a following than I thought. Just wish I found this sub back when it was body care heavy.

Latest posts

Back