Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh really wish I got in on this, but I'm on a no buy so I'm living vicariously through your updates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Next time I guess!

Anyone have any clue what's in the June box?
The June advice guide used to be up but it seems the link isn't working anymore :/ 

When it was up, the advice mentioned lip products, fragrance, beachy waves, eye cream, and acne treatment 
dont need the acne treatment thank God but I could use the others, Thanks for the info!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Beachy waves!! Yay..I don't mind that they don't give out that much as far as makeup. With it all being one size fits all box, it'd be very difficult if they sent say, tinted moisturizer or concealer and stuff to everyone...because not everyone is that color. So even if Sample Society sends more makeup, so to say, it's not going to necessarily please more people if they send out stuff like that. But it looks like they're sending out a lippie, balm or gloss or whatever in June possibly. Eye cream is always good!

cool! excited! this will be my first month. just getting into subs i got BB for the first time last month, this will be my first sample society. oh and i'm out of town, but my julep maven penny box is waiting for me at home! I hope no one swipes it off my porch!!!

Hi Everyone! I want to join the Sample Society and I would REALLY appreciate opinions from those who are subscribed!

I am already subscribed to BB, Glossybox and Beauty Army (it is very convenient that they have skip a month option!). I am wondering if the Sample Society is any different from the three, also is there a good mix of skincare, makeup and hair products or are the samples mostly geared towards skin care??

ANY thoughts/suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!! On a side note, MUT really rocks! I never knew anything about sampling services and now a new world has opened to me because of MUT!! 
icon_smile.gif

Stupid question:

How do you guys learn about the Mystery Box, other than stalking the Beautybar site or their Facebook page? I seem to always be too late for those things....

Originally Posted by NaturalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Stupid question:

How do you guys learn about the Mystery Box, other than stalking the Beautybar site or their Facebook page? I seem to always be too late for those things....
They sent out an email with the info.

Originally Posted by nikita8501 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Everyone! I want to join the Sample Society and I would REALLY appreciate opinions from those who are subscribed!

I am already subscribed to BB, Glossybox and Beauty Army (it is very convenient that they have skip a month option!). I am wondering if the Sample Society is any different from the three, also is there a good mix of skincare, makeup and hair products or are the samples mostly geared towards skin care??

ANY thoughts/suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!! On a side note, MUT really rocks! I never knew anything about sampling services and now a new world has opened to me because of MUT!! 
icon_smile.gif
So far, it's been a mix of perfume samples, and mostly skincare with some haircare in there. But I have to say I really really love my box and I always feel that it's a great deal. The last months perfume sample is of a $200 a bottle perfume, it's not the same old samples from Sephora like most other sub companies use. The hair glossing cream sample we got was a deluxe tube which is like the travel size and it's totally nice stuff too.

I would say that it's not geared towards a teenager like MyGlam seems to be. This to me reads more like a box for someone in their 20's to 30s, while Myglam makes me think of a 12 to 15 year old girl.

It's sort of like a higher end Birchbox to me, in a way, if that makes any sense. I also like that everyone gets the same samples.

Although I dropped Sample Society for Glossybox, I can definitely say that the sample sizes did not disappoint. They are deluxe, but I mostly found that the products weren't always something that I was super enthused about. I honestly haven't used anything from my last box because none of it really excited me. Regardless, if I had unlimited funds then I would have stuck with it, because I will use the products eventually. Because it was mostly skincare, the surprise element and excitement was really lacking for me. I think it's great for someone looking to change up their skincare routine, find a new favorite perfume or hair cream. Definitely geared to the mid 20s and older crowd.  

Is anyone else annoyed that BeautyBar debits your account (credit/debit card, PayPal, etc) at the END of the month for NEXT month's Sample Society Box?! 

I wish they'd at least wait until the very last day of the month... This totally messes up my PayPal budgeting plan. Again.

You'd think that by now I'd remember that they're the only one of my subscription boxes who do that and that I would arrange accordingly, but I keep forgetting as the month goes on. Naturally.

It's no big deal in the end, but it still annoys me. Enough to tip the scale if I was considering canceling it.

Anyone else feel that way, or am I just cranky today?

This is my first box...but I thought Beauty Bar charges you for the month the day before they ship the box, that's what I was told...and see in my bank statement. I just checked my status and it says it was shipped and should be arriving in a few days.

I know general times when my subs get deducted from my account and so it doesn't bother me. From last month's and this month's charge is only a business day apart.

Back