Quantcast

Scented shampoos don't work for me!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I usually use Pantene and it seems to work well.. however, I thought it would be neat if my hair could actually *smell* pretty for a change instead of just looking shiny and smelling "clean."

But, whenever I've tried a shampoo simply for its scent, the shampoo itself sucks! I always have to go back to Pantene...which really isn't a bad thing since I'm pretty happy with how it cleans my hair, but it would be fun to have fruity smelling hair (or something) for a change.

My hair is very thick, are the fun, scented shampoos just not enough for my hair?

Reaction score
Pantene is a little heavier of a product than some other shampoos out there... I love Pantene, but I see that it seems to weigh my hair down a little more than others. This is why you might see more of a result with it - it's heavy enough to tame thick hair. I have finer hair - so sometimes it's a little heavy, unless I use very little conditioner & rinse it out well. Have you tried the VO5 oasis line? I think they arew creamy too - but aare scented. You have to look for shampoos and conditioners that are thick and creamy... and not transparent. If you can find one like that - just get a scent that you like....

Reaction score
I also like Herbal Essences products as well as Garnier Fructis....(also creamy)

Reaction score
Oh the V05 range looks cute.. Might check them out myself Janelle

Reaction score
I have very thick and wavy but fine hair, and Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner for "normal" hair seem to work great for me! But I notice very little difference between different kinds of shampoos -- I think my hair will do what it wants no matter what kind of shampoo I use! (I even tried a straightening cream that didn't make my hair any straighter than regular blow-drying did!) Herbal Essence does make a few different kinds of shampoos so maybe you can find something you like!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I also like Herbal Essences products as well as Garnier Fructis....(also creamy)

Oh gosh Angel, I'm sooooooo old I remember when they came out with the original Herbal Essence shampoo, I even remember the commercials on TV for it.

Reaction score
I <3 V05 it's a really good shampoo and is pretty cheap. The Pantene Pro V stuff weighs my hair down and I feel sometimes it even looks dirty still after using it. Note: though they aren't really "scented" but they do smell REALLY good.
Garnier Fructis smells really good too.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by naturally Well ..we've been using Arbonne's Self Adjusting shampoo for quite some time Never heard of it... so I googled it... $22 for shampoo & $24 for conditioner!?!?!? WOAH!
I'm too cheap for that! LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Pantene is a little heavier of a product than some other shampoos out there... I love Pantene, but I see that it seems to weigh my hair down a little more than others. This is why you might see more of a result with it - it's heavy enough to tame thick hair. I have finer hair - so sometimes it's a little heavy, unless I use very little conditioner & rinse it out well. Have you tried the VO5 oasis line? I think they arew creamy too - but aare scented. You have to look for shampoos and conditioners that are thick and creamy... and not transparent. If you can find one like that - just get a scent that you like....

::cries:: I did actually try this line. I tried the honey & almond because it smells so heavenly, but I dunno. It didn't give me that silky feel that I'm used to with Pantene. I admit it, I'm a Pantene junkie, just waiting for my next fix! lol .. I guess the fact that it weighs down hair is a good thing for me, since I have such thick hair that likes to stick up, lol.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I may have to try Herbal Essences. The Arbonne sounds interesting, too, but I dunno what my pocketbook would say about that!
We'll see, eh?

Reaction score
for drugstore stuff, i've tried & liked Suave. i have thick Asian hair that's color-treated so i end up conditioning heavily to compensate.

as for dept. store, try something from Phyto. spendy, but really good.

Reaction score
AVON's new line of hair care products (the shampoo's and conditioners) are supposedly suppose to mimic the Pantene Line. I have tried them and they don't weigh hair down and actually pretty nice but they are still expensive when compared to the V05 line and I just can't stand to put out that much (even w/my discount V05 is still cheaper). Ahhh, but it is a good line nonetheless.

Latest posts