Scents and Sensibility for 2005

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Remarkable Scents and Sensibility for 2005

By B. Kim Taylor

Usher in the new year with a fragrance that will leave you feeling rapturous and ready for a fresh start. We have some suggestions, all available at fine department stores and www.sephora.com unless otherwise noted.

Citrus Charmers: Burberry Brit is one of London’s most stylish exports, with lime and pear top notes mixed with sweet green almond. The purse spray option is invaluable for fragrance touch-ups. This light scent is perfect for the office or for dashing around Manhattan’s version of Chelsea and Soho.

Floral Designer Treasures: Gucci Eau De Parfum 11 is an intoxicating blend of mandarin, blackcurrent, cedarwood and heliotrope. This is heady mix custom-designed for the woman who loves being unique and memorable. Make it your own.

Another designer perfume with a pure floral bouquet is Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey. This tantalizing array of cyclamen, freesia, lotus, and musk is soft, feminine, and alluring. The silver-tipped, elongated pyramid of a bottle is equally elegant.

When asked to name your poison, you’ll say Dior after experiencing Pure Poison. Jasmine intermingles with orange flower and white amber musk in this delicious concoction that comes in a unique “glittering ice†bottle.

Woodsy Florals: Giorgio Armani Mania is a robust and intriguing combination of mandarin and blackcurrant, infused with fresh magnolia and sweet peony, with woodsy undertones of amber, cedar, and bracing sandalwood. You’ll adore wearing this Armani.

Shine through winter with Sicily, Dolce & Gabbana’s fragrant paean to the sunny exuberance of Italy. Combining Sicilian bergamot, black pearl rose, heliotrope, and musk, this fragrance is as every bit as vivacious as its namesake.

Sweet and Spicy: Transport yourself to olfactory nirvana with Aptiva’s Energy, an aromatic blend of ginger, lime, and cardamo. This scent truly does energize and uplift, so it’s ideal for the bold adventuress scaling mountains or forging new relationship terrain. Order at www.purebeaty.com.

Sleep Like A Baby: Guests at The House of Blues in Chicago and the Lodge and Spa at Cordillera are provided with concentrated Essence of Vali’s Sleep for their pillows. One drop on a pillow is more effective than counting sheep or Monolo Blahniks, and the lulling fragrance lasts for days. Blended in a concentration of essential oils, this blend of lavender, marjoram, cedarwood, and ylang ylang is so lovely that you’ll look forward to hitting the pillow. Sleep was a finalist for the “Best in Beauty†Awards sponsored by Cosmetic Executive Women. Also available as a massage oil and portable balm at www.essenceofvali.com. Check out the aromatherapy greeting cards too.

eovperfume.jpg

While you’re surfing the Essence of Vali site, keep in mind that the winner of the Best Natural Product in 2004's Extracts show in Manhattan was Essence Of Vali’s Botanical Eau De Parfum, the company’s signature fragrance with eight lushly fragrant plants.
Everything’s Coming Up Roses: Les Perfums De Rosine blends headnotes of violet and rose with iris, jasmine, and Bulgarian, Greek, Damascan, and Turkish roses, further bolstered by Tonka bean, musk and Peru balsam base notes. This is the ultimate rose perfume, available at www.aedes.com.

Scent of the Party: Demeter’s Mojito perfume is as bracingly fresh as a bite of lime with a touch of sugar and a splash of warm spiced rum. This is a clutch-size treat for a refresher spritz, and would naturally be ideal for a cocktail party. This light-hearted, whimsical scent is addictive. www.purebeauty.com.

Great info, Diane! Thanks for posting it! I actually use Bath & Body works "Lavender Vanilla' pillow spray from their Aromatherapy "Sleep" collection... it's amazing how well it works! Knocks you right out! LOL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Great info, Diane! Thanks for posting it! I actually use Bath & Body works "Lavender Vanilla' pillow spray from their Aromatherapy "Sleep" collection... it's amazing how well it works! Knocks you right out! LOL

With my insomnia? I need to get me some of that stuff.

ooh, thanks for posting! i dont know where ive been, but i havent heard anything about the gucci edp. it sounds interesting!

Another insomniac here!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
. I would like to give this a try. Question, is the smell very light?

Originally Posted by Diane Welcome
wink.gif
I have insomnia too
icon_sad.gif
So maybe I'll give it a try.

Two favs of mine: Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey and Giorgio Armani Mania.

LMAO! I have never tried any of them! I'm not much of a fragrance freak though. Must go buy something new for a change
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back