seasonsbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by tiffanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am in the US (Chicago suburbs) and have not gotten January.  Anyone else in the US still expecting January?  It seems like they've been trickling in the past couple of days but it seems a couple of other Chicago area folks got their boxes already.  Perhaps my post office is just slow....
Update:  I just let my dogs out and my box was on the porch... it wasn't there an hour ago so perhaps it got delivered to the wrong address and a nice neighbor dropped it by...

I weighed the chocolate.  It came it at 0.9 oz or 26 g, not 1.25 oz and 35 g as per the packaging.

I looked at public records for the address from which the January Seasonsbox came (assuming the return address from the mailing label is accurate) and it's a house in Plantation, FL that is a bit less than 1400 sq ft and last sold for $94k in 1994.  These are facts per Zillow.  Me?  I would've at least rented a PO Box...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/215-Bryan-Blvd-Plantation-FL-33317/43167741_zpid/

I opened the chocolate. The inner plastic wrapper is larger than the chocolate bar. It's folded over. I think it's normally a rectangular bat instead of the square bar we received. They just used the same packaging. Sorry to flog a dead horse.

Quote: Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I opened the chocolate. The inner plastic wrapper is larger than the chocolate bar. It's folded over. I think it's normally a rectangular bat instead of the square bar we received. They just used the same packaging. Sorry to flog a dead horse.
Oh, nice to know this info...

I did not mean people here were flogging a dead horse (or is there a better expression???).

But that Seasonsbox should just give it up and do something else...they seem to get even worse by the day.

I emailed them to see why there was a change in January's box. Their response: The items were posted from the previous owner, products that we didnt receive. February's products will be posted before the beginning of next week. Seasonsbox ------------------------------------- I don't understand why they couldn't have explained it to all subscribers before sending them out. At this rate, we're not going to get the February box until the end of March.

Quote: Originally Posted by virgostar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them to see why there was a change in January's box. Their response:

The items were posted from the previous owner, products that we didnt receive.
February's products will be posted before the beginning of next week.

Seasonsbox
I don't understand why they couldn't have explained it to all subscribers before sending them out. At this rate, we're not going to get the February box until the end of March.
Wow! you actually got a reply?

I sent them a couple emails and no replies to me at all....

I am also surprised that some of the vendors would actually send out items without being paid?

or at least without a contract and deposit of some kind.

A few of my friends work in music or small business (store, art, other stuff) and usually will not show up or do something unless they have a contract and deposit.

I'm guessing they did not get the other items cuz they were not paid for most likely??

Wow! you actually got a reply? I sent them a couple emails and no replies to me at all.... I am also surprised that some of the vendors would actually send out items without being paid? or at least without a contract and deposit of some kind. A few of my friends work in music or small business (store, art, other stuff) and usually will not show up or do something unless they have a contract and deposit. I'm guessing they did not get the other items cuz they were not paid for most likely??
I used to work at a car dealership and the parts department had customers that were on credit, which meant every 30 days a statement would be sent to them. Sometimes it was like pulling teeth, trying to get them to make any payment. Obviously there's a whole process involving paperwork to be able to be put on credit but it happens more often than you might think. Often times, I think it's done as a good faith measure, in hopes that you'll be a repeat customer.

Quote: Originally Posted by virgostar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to work at a car dealership and the parts department had customers that were on credit, which meant every 30 days a statement would be sent to them. Sometimes it was like pulling teeth, trying to get them to make any payment. Obviously there's a whole process involving paperwork to be able to be put on credit but it happens more often than you might think. Often times, I think it's done as a good faith measure, in hopes that you'll be a repeat customer.
Ah, I did not think of that as I do not have a car and have not worked w cars.

Usually I thought it was a credit company and not dealership that issues credit.

But I guess if it is a small dealership they might not do that?

Usually when I have bought stuff on credit at stores I have always had to make payments to the different credit co or bank and go in person even to pay at the store every month for some (very annoying).

My credit statements were issued by the store on behalf of the bank and if I was late I am charged interest from that date...

I bought most of the stuff for my house on credit and at least in Canada it is how it worked for me....

Any Canadians receive your box yet?  Still waiting for mine...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Spoke too soon...received it today!  

- Chocolate bar weighed in at 29g (but was pretty tasty)

- Soap: Dead Sea Salt mineral bar (salt & mud soap bar).  http://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/110560294/dead-sea-minerals-salt-and-mud-bar?ref=shop_home_active_2

- Lip scrub was frozen (it's a balmy -15C/5F here) so I'll have to wait for that to thaw first before opening

- Nothing too special about lavender oil.   Will be nice in a bath I suppose.

On the customs declaration sticker on the box, each item was listed with a value of $10, for $40 total.  Har har.

I received my box earlier this week (tuesday). I did notice on Facebook that the sb ppl posted the "new" January box items last weekend (Sunday I think) I researched the price of each item, as someone already did on here. Not worth it IMO. February's box will be my last box.

Well, my box showed up on my doorstep today.

I'm in Canada and with seasonsbox ignoring my emails was not expecting anything...

Still going through with my credit card chargeback, as it was already sent and their writing to me refusing to honour my prepaid subscription is a main reason.

I think I need to change banks too. Called Scotiabank Visa and told them not to put any seasonsbox charges through as I had canceled and they did not listen at all...

Guess I'll have to find a new bank this week.....

I haven't opened my box yet, but the address on the package is:

Seasonsbox

215 Bryan Blvd

Plantation, FL 33317-3746

just noticed there is a phone number and email in tiny print...you need a magnifying glass to see it.

(954)903-8688    [email protected]

I'm loving the mango sticky rice soap that was in my January box! If anyone wants to trade, please check out my trade list in my signature.... thanks!

With five days to go, February's box was finally posted! 

Whispering Willow Organic Lavender and Flax Seed Eye Pillow: $15

http://www.whisperingwillow.net/products/organic-lavender-and-flax-seed-eye-pillow-hot-cold

Made With Love Edibles: $9.50

http://www.madewithlove.ca/blendslist.php

http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/EarthMarket?section_id=7989979&ref=shopsection_leftnav_3&ulsfg=true

Fabulous Frannie De-Stress 6oz Mineral Bath Salt: $5.95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/De-Stress-6oz-Mineral-Bath-Salt-made-with-Pure-Essential-Oils-Fabulous-Frannie-/280892081058

Green Ritual Organic Incense Sticks, Rose Geranium: $7.32

http://www.etsy.com/listing/176405014/organic-incense-sticks-rose-geranium

Total approx. value: $37.77 USD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good variety, even though I can do without the bath salts and incense. I have enough bath products and candles/incense to start a spa. I'm surprised they decided to go international with the merchants. The spices are from Canada and the incense sticks are from Australia. If I do get this box (my last since I skipped May 2013), I will be content with my subscription ending on an acceptable note.

For what it's worth I like this mix of products, but my sub ended in January and I don't want to order again.

Looks like there may be hope for this company after all.  They do seem to be trying.

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ugh I hate bath salts. 

I'm not a fan of bath salts either so when I receive some I re-purpose them into an exfoliator. I mix the bath salts with a little coconut oil (I do a small batches, about 1/4 cup at a time) and keep a little container in the shower to exfoliate my feet once a week. 

A very eclectic selection of items!  Doesn't appear to be a theme at all...

- eye pillow: don't currently have one, never knew I needed one, so that's something!

- spice blend: nice to see Canadian products!  I will definitely use it.

- bath salts: not terribly exciting, but will be put to good use.  My husband likes epsom salts in a bath (not bubbles) so I know these will be used up!  Also, a repeat of brand from January

- incense: blargh.  Still have some of those cones from the March (?) box. Maybe they'll be a good mosquito repellant outside in the summer??

This too is my final box (if they stick to their word and send it) so farewell Seasonbox, it's been fun and at times, frustrating! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a fan of bath salts either so when I receive some I re-purpose them into an exfoliator. I mix the bath salts with a little coconut oil (I do a small batches, about 1/4 cup at a time) and keep a little container in the shower to exfoliate my feet once a week. 
That's a great idea, thanks!  I think I'll mix mine with some Body Shop shower gel I have.

Latest posts

Back