seasonsbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope this is not a nosey thing to ask. Did you have a special offer, or did you break the year's sub price down by month?  The reason I am asking is that when I went to the site today to sign up, it's $35.00  a month with their shipping charge added to the total.

I wish a blogger would have a discount code for us, since this is a new subscription. Hint, hint!
icon_smile.gif
Alrighty, here is how I got the 21/month. Initially, I did the code hunt and found nothing. If you go to the "How it works" tab on their site though, there is a breakdown of rates for extended subscriptions (I copied it below, when you go through checkout those pop up). I wrote them just to be sure there were no special deals I was missing out on and they replied with the following:

"Actually, until Jan 31st we have a super discount on 12 month subscriptions, meaning that right now you can get a 12 month subscription for  $250 which results in $20.80 per month. After that it will go to the normal yearly subscription of $349."

(I just pulled that from my email). After some consideration, I bit the bullet and subbed for a year.  I hope that helps :)

Price Structure Below (prices include shipping)

• Bill monthly for $34.90
  • 3 months for $99.70 (save $5)
  • 6 months for $174.50 (save $34.90)
  • 12 months for $250 (save $69.80)
  • One time purchase or gift for $34.90

I think I read that they are shipping soon, I am SO SO excited to get this box. The items really do meet the theme of "cozy" well. I bet their Feb (Valentines) will be awesome too.

I. heard they were shipping this week but I do not know anything beyond that. Let me know if you hear anything or when your box arrives :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I read that they are shipping soon, I am SO SO excited to get this box. The items really do meet the theme of "cozy" well. I bet their Feb (Valentines) will be awesome too.
are you subbed month to month or do you have a longer one? I am psyched tor the candle, it will be nice to add a new scent to my collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

are you subbed month to month or do you have a longer one? I am psyched tor the candle, it will be nice to add a new scent to my collection
smile.gif
This will be just the one however I believe I may sub if I like it as much as I think. I have been contemplating PS, but I would need to choose just one.

This will be just the one however I believe I may sub if I like it as much as I think. I have been contemplating PS, but I would need to choose just one.
Hmmm... One surprise from my adventure in sub boxes has been learning about what things seem to make me happier than others. I have been pretty surprised by what I have learned. Both the beauty and lifestyle (including fitness in that category) have been really fun but the lifestyle ones seem to delight me the most. I know it would be tough for me to choose. It was partly having gotten a much better idea of what makes me really happy that made it easier to take the extended sub leap though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just looked up info on the scarf and it is ginormous.  It is 22x73. And yes, I am totally impatient for my box to get here :)

I just looked up info on the scarf and it is ginormous.  It is 22x73. And yes, I am totally impatient for my box to get here :)

OOOOOOH that is exciting! I am so happy we are getting that! I am curious what color I'll get, but I'm pretty sure it will be very wearable no matter what. Did you get shipping email yet? I didn't but I get so much email that I'm not real good with keeping a close watch on it either. I am going to go stare at the January box pics again lol

When you researched the past boxes, did you find skincare included?

Alrighty, here is how I got the 21/month. Initially, I did the code hunt and found nothing. If you go to the "How it works" tab on their site though, there is a breakdown of rates for extended subscriptions (I copied it below, when you go through checkout those pop up). I wrote them just to be sure there were no special deals I was missing out on and they replied with the following:

"Actually, until Jan 31st we have a super discount on 12 month subscriptions, meaning that right now you can get a 12 month subscription for  $250 which results in $20.80 per month. After that it will go to the normal yearly subscription of $349."

(I just pulled that from my email). After some consideration, I bit the bullet and subbed for a year.  I hope that helps :)

Price Structure Below (prices include shipping)

• Bill monthly for $34.90
  • 3 months for $99.70 (save $5)
  • 6 months for $174.50 (save $34.90)
  • 12 months for $250 (save $69.80)
  • One time purchase or gift for $34.90

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When you researched the past boxes, did you find skincare included?
January is their second box. The December box had:

Mint Truffle Lip Balm from Evergreen

Soak Essentials Aromatherapy Bath Salts

Bambuearth 's Natural and Responsible Soap

Tisano Cacao Tea

The above were full size. They also had a couple of little extras from Bath and Body works:

mini Twisted Peppermint candle

anti-bacterial pocketbac sanitizing hand gel in Jolly Gingerbread

I did not receive the December box though, January will be my first.  As I wrote this I started thinking about Yuzen (though I have never subbed to them) because this box also has a spa feel.

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OOOOOOH that is exciting! I am so happy we are getting that! I am curious what color I'll get, but I'm pretty sure it will be very wearable no matter what. Did you get shipping email yet? I didn't but I get so much email that I'm not real good with keeping a close watch on it either. I am going to go stare at the January box pics again lol
No shipping email yet, let me know when you hear anything.  I wonder if they will send one but I would imagine they would.  I cannot recall if I read anything about that or not. Some subs send them so late that the box gets there the same day, rendering them irrelevant. I try to dial down my anticipation of these boxes because it makes me a little nutty, but I am not fully successful in doing so :)

Ok, NOT happy with this box already.  Website CLEARLY says 1 year sub is $250 INCLUDING shipping.  1st credit card I tried to use kicked them out as fraud (and I noticed the charge was for $349 instead of $250).  2nd Credit card went through & I'm regretting this already.  Charge was flagged as fraud, but they put it through.  FOR $349!  I've sent them an email & posted on their FB.  Hopefully this gets worked out soon......

UPDATE:  Just got an email & comment on FB from seasonsbox.  Super quick response.  Seasonsbox is saying that this is the way their billing works.  They have to charge $349 (regular price) and then refund the $99.

Credit Card company says this:  There is a "Pending" charge of $349 that has been approved.  They do not show a credit of $99, but say that a credit cannot show up until the charge actually posts.  It may post as $349 charge & a $99 credit, or a total of a $250 charge.  It will take 3-5 days before we know what happens on the credit card.

Seasonsbox sent me a copy of the credit card transaction & it does CLEARLY show a $99 refund.

I'm feeling MUCH better now.....just waiting to see how much is charged in a few days.

UPDATE #2:  Customer service gets an A+ from me!  They just sent me another email & are going to include a free extra & bonus month.   I've gone from being very upset to being very happy with them.  I'll update again when the credit card issue is resolved.

I'm really looking forward to this company's subscription box!

Originally Posted by Christy327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they charge you the full money up front of the monthly fee every month?
You may want to email their customer service about this one, I have no idea how it works.

No shipping email yet, let me know when you hear anything.  I wonder if they will send one but I would imagine they would.  I cannot recall if I read anything about that or not. Some subs send them so late that the box gets there the same day, rendering them irrelevant. I try to dial down my anticipation of these boxes because it makes me a little nutty, but I am not fully successful in doing so :)
I sent them a quick email this afternoon because I was unsure whether or not they would be sending out tracking emails and here was their reply :)

"Yes, but your package might be half way on it's delivery path before we send the tracking batch emails.  We are in the works of building a more synchronized automated system, so it's more real-time.

Our number one goal is to provide great customer service, great customer experience, and of course provide super awesome products :)"

I am really on the fence about ordering this box.  I am trying to decide which boxes I should subscribe to.  Does anyone know what the deadline is to order for the January box?  

Update on credit card charge:

Seasonsbox DID properly charge my credit card......It took a few days to post, but all is well.  I'm sooooo happy with the personal emails from the company.  They really went out of their way to make sure everything worked out & I was pleased.

Watch out for "foreign transaction fees" on your credit card.  NOT seasonsbox's problem, but my crappy Mastercard company hit me with a $7.50 fee.

$250 for 1 year.  Awesome deal!

A+ customer service, so if you do have any problems, just wait it out a day or two, it all worked out for me.

Sooooooo excited about this one!

Originally Posted by farrah3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Watch out for "foreign transaction fees" on your credit card.  NOT seasonsbox's problem, but my crappy Mastercard company hit me with a $7.50 fee.
Is seasonsbox a foreign company or are you outside of the United States?

Curious about why this would have a foreign transaction fee.

Latest posts

Back