seasonsbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to sign up with them a few days ago. My card was denied and I immediately received a "fraud alert" from my cc.  The charge came from Canada and my cc company thought my card was stolen since I didn't pre-authorize any foreign charges.  I have a lot of security on that card.  Anyway, according to my cc company, the charge is being placed out of Canada which is why some people are having issues.  At this time, I'm undecided again since I really don't want to pay a foreign transaction fee.

It all depends on your credit card type, most cards should not have a "foreign transaction fee" between the USA and Canada. It's just another way for some of those cards that do charge the fee just to make a little bit more money :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm in the USA & the charge originated from Canada.

I'm thinking that's why my fraud protection kicked in on both my Visa & Mastercard.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that had fraud protection issues.

Yeah I think that is what it was too.  I did not realize it but I buy stuff from out of the country often enough, that I did not have that issue

Is Seasonsbox from Canada? If so, there's no way I will subscribe. Worst mail service in the WORLD is between Canada and the USA.

Also, yes, a CC or debit card company has every right to charge a foreign transaction fee for a charge from Canada.

My CC company would probably NOT process the refund from them without a huge deal- fraud alert, questioning what the over-charge was for, etc. A similar hassle happened before, most recently when I tried LBB. I paid $52.00 and odd cents for the utterly crappy vinyl purse and odd assortment of stuff.. I asked for a refund and returned all items in one box as received. LBB  decided it would be cute to refund my card item by item. A $40 credit, a $12 credit, etc.

The issuer of the card would not accept the refunds because there were no corresponding charges on my card. I called the bank and raised heck. They said what LBB was doing was against credit card laws to protect consumers. I told them I was cancelling the card if they didn't accept the refunds because I had proof of the return and they had proof on my card of the initial order. They accepted the refunds once I got through to them that the company was crediting the total amount in piecemeal credits. ( duh)

It's a whole different world now. Some companies try to skate through loopholes, and others are hyper-vigilent about fraud.

I do think Seasonsbox is being deceptive by overcharging people $100, even if only for 1 second.  This seals the no-deal for me, even if the company were to send Burberry cashmere scarves out. ( my winter favorites).

I am reluctant to chime in on the above chatter, but I will say I have not had any issues dealing with Seasonsbox to date.

In other news...got my tracking! My box shipped yesterday via regular fedex (not the dreaded SlowPost) and it is due to arrive Friday.  So my scarf will be here soon! (I had SUCH scarf envy for those of you who got the one in the September Popsugar).

Shipping notice for my box too!!!

They used FEDEX & it says that it will be here in 3 DAYS!!!   WOW!  That's fast.....way better than any other sub services I have!

They took the time to email me a tracking number, and that's better than other companies too.

I certainly won't mind the shipping from Canada if they continue to ship this way.  Glad to see that they are working on the credit card issues.

I really think this company has GREAT potential.

Super excited!

Originally Posted by farrah3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shipping notice for my box too!!!

They used FEDEX & it says that it will be here in 3 DAYS!!!   WOW!  That's fast.....way better than any other sub services I have!

They took the time to email me a tracking number, and that's better than other companies too.

I certainly won't mind the shipping from Canada if they continue to ship this way.  Glad to see that they are working on the credit card issues.

I really think this company has GREAT potential.

Super excited!
 Woot! I feel the exact same way you do about the shipping via Fedex!  I was psyched!  By the way, I am apparently in a little bit of a fog, because minutes after I  posted I realized that I am getting it TOMORROW! SO looking forward to cracking it open!  I really do need some pampering at the moment, so I think it will give me a good excuse :)

An affiliate of the company wanted to share this with the members. Due to our TOS she can post it directly however due to the information she's sharing I'm passing her post along to members here.

I'm affiliated with the company - Due note we take all feedback and customers very seriously, we want nothing more than to have satisfied customers. If a customer experiences an issue we go out of our way to clear things up. Once we heard about the very small amount of clients that had "fraud" alerts and or "foreign fee issues" we contacted our credit card provider to see what the reasons were and how we can prevent them. As a result one of the things we changed instantly to accomodate our customers is our billing system which now authorizes for only the $250 to prevent issues.
Shipping: We use FedEx which only takes 2-5 days to arrive from shipment to the USA, and just 1-3 days in Canada - we do not use snail mail.

Safety: We use Stripe one of the most reliable credit card processing companies out there. Our credit card processor has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is PCI DSS Level 1 compliant. This is the most stringent level of certification available and provides you with the confidence that your information is fully secured, period!

Not all companies provide the same customer service level so they should not be categorized in the same bracket.

Woot-Woot!!!  Mine is scheduled to be delivered TOMORROW too!

I called my credit card company & they refunded my "foreign transaction fee".  They did it as a courtesy credit because I've been a cardholder for 13+ years.

Not really a problem at all.

Got mine yesterday. LOVE IT! Everything was packaged and presented so beautifully! Definitely keeping this one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fedex updated my shipment and so it looks like it will arrive Monday or Tuesday now. I will hang in there and enjoy the spoilers pics in the meantime :)

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

An affiliate of the company wanted to share this with the members. Due to our TOS she can post it directly however due to the information she's sharing I'm passing her post along to members here.

Quote: I'm affiliated with the company - Due note we take all feedback and customers very seriously, we want nothing more than to have satisfied customers. If a customer experiences an issue we go out of our way to clear things up. Once we heard about the very small amount of clients that had "fraud" alerts and or "foreign fee issues" we contacted our credit card provider to see what the reasons were and how we can prevent them. As a result one of the things we changed instantly to accomodate our customers is our billing system which now authorizes for only the $250 to prevent issues.

Shipping: We use FedEx which only takes 2-5 days to arrive from shipment to the USA, and just 1-3 days in Canada - we do not use snail mail.

Safety: We use Stripe one of the most reliable credit card processing companies out there. Our credit card processor has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is PCI DSS Level 1 compliant. This is the most stringent level of certification available and provides you with the confidence that your information is fully secured, period!

Not all companies provide the same customer service level so they should not be categorized in the same bracket.

Thank you for posting this! Bypassing the postal services is a huge plus, and I like that they changed their charging system WRT the yearly subscriptions,

The chance that I would pay $250 for a new subscription service is practically nil, but I will be trying a month and go from there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad they have corrected their initial start up problems.

Could the people who have received their boxes please post some photos? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back