seasonsbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a fan of bath salts either so when I receive some I re-purpose them into an exfoliator. I mix the bath salts with a little coconut oil (I do a small batches, about 1/4 cup at a time) and keep a little container in the shower to exfoliate my feet once a week. 
I'll definitely try that. 

Quote: Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't think to weigh it, but it is actually very good! I expected actual white chocolate, but it's like a really really light milk chocolate. I would consider repurchasing, a nice find.
I weighted the chocolate bar and without the wrapper it is 27.1 grams for me on my electronic scale.

I put the chocolate in different positions on the weight platform and always got the same number.

Also to compare I weighted a mini coffee crisp that was 12 gr and that was the correct weight for that item.

I haven't tried the chocolate yet as I can't have much right now, but it smells really good!

I'd like to know how they determine this is supposed to be a white chocolate?

The only "white" bars I've seen are either from a chocolate shop where I know the people who make the chocolate and their white chocolate is more beige and not dark like this one.

Or the Ritter Sport white chocolate w whole hazelnut bar that is quite beige looking (and extremely tasty).

http://ritter-sport.us/#/en_US/product/100g_white_whole_hazelnuts

I guess I will ask the chocolate makers I know about how they determine white chocolate. Now I am very curious.

The people I know have been making chocolate at least 40 years in Canada....

*Oh seeing this is a Seasonsbox post, my update is my credit card co told me it takes up to 60 days for a refund...

-they should have canceled my card and never did....not impressed.

Item change in the Feb box.  Spice mix is out, Bobo's Oat Bars are in. (made on FB wall today) 

Not a good sign that they are changing items after they release the contents the first time...

Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Item change in the Feb box.  Spice mix is out, Bobo's Oat Bars are in. (made on FB wall today) 

Not a good sign that they are changing items after they release the contents the first time...
Are they trying to drive all their last customers away?

I really hope no one is signing up for their crappy service.

And they want to actually charge almost $50 for Canadians for one box now??

The spice mix looked good too, so that is too bad.

I'm in Canada (Montréal) and I didn't receive my january box yet! I wrote to them twice, and never got a answer!

I went to see the Facebook page. One person was telling that they charge him on his credit card even if he's not a subcripber anymore!! The message was erase!!

Anyway, I'm done with them. I think I,m going to forget about my january box!

THEY ANSWER ME!!!

They told me that since I cancel in november I will not receive it!!

I wrote in november to tell them that I didn't want my subcription to renew for another years and that I didn't find the ''cancel', option on their website, so they did it for me. At the same time they confirm that january was my last box.

And now they tell me that I,m not a subcriber since november? Hey I paid for this box!!

DON'T SUBCRIBE TO SEASONSBOX!!!! I don't think they will last very long....

I was owed a January box, but never got it.  They renewed my yearly sub (without my permission) in January.  It was a huge ordeal to get the money refunded, but they finally did it.

I guess I'll never see the January box they owed me, but I'm super glad to be done with them!

Never again!  Everyone should RUN away from this box, RUN far, far away!

Quote: Originally Posted by farrah3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was owed a January box, but never got it.  They renewed my yearly sub (without my permission) in January.  It was a huge ordeal to get the money refunded, but they finally did it.

I guess I'll never see the January box they owed me, but I'm super glad to be done with them!

Never again!  Everyone should RUN away from this box, RUN far, far away!
At least they admitted to charging your credit card.

I was told my card was never charged....LOL.

That is just funny as I can see the charge online and so can Visa claims dept...

Weird... I wrote to them twice ..no answer... i wrote on FB and I got a answer that since I cancel in november I won't be getting my january box.

Wrote to them twice, and I explain that I had a one year sub, that I cancel in november, because I didn't want my subcrition to renew.

No answer...just wrote again on FB and got a answer!! lol!!

My English is not good... Here what I receive.

~~Dear Sabrina, We sincerely apologize for not receiving your January's box. To compensate for the Inconvenience, we will send you March's box. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Seasonsbox Staff

What does that means...that I will have the march box instead of the january box?

That's not really a compensation?

Did I understand right?

I received my February box today. They have gotten rid of the inner box and now just pack items in the shipping box itself. Fine by me, except that the box was not sealed. I hate when sub companies do that, a little tape goes a long way to make me feel better about the contents being safe and not tampered with.

Other than that, I actually really like this box and am excited to try all the items. However, the incense sticks came alone, and I do not have a holder to burn them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use in its place, or do I need to go out and buy one?

That box looks really sparse! I feel for all you ladies having to still deal with this company. I am glad I cancelled way back in December and thankfully haven't had to deal with them since a filed a fraud report with my bank!

I got a box today, which was weird because I was charged & refunded for the next year.

Quote: Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a box today, which was weird because I was charged & refunded for the next year.

Maybe yours was sent for review purposes? But don't they normally tell you that's what they are doing?

i don't use an email address or anything remotely connected to the blog. they wouldn't even know it was me. i doubt they really want me reviewing them further! i didn't even open it yet. but i was curious to see inside. i have a rule that i cannot open a box unless i'm prepared to photograph it. because otherwise it is a HOT MESS

That is such a good rule! I try to keep myself from opening any new boxes until I do a couple of chores or pick up things around the house first. It makes it feel like a reward for doing a job well done (not like its something I have to do anyway)...haha!

I received my February box today. They have gotten rid of the inner box and now just pack items in the shipping box itself. Fine by me, except that the box was not sealed. I hate when sub companies do that, a little tape goes a long way to make me feel better about the contents being safe and not tampered with.

Other than that, I actually really like this box and am excited to try all the items. However, the incense sticks came alone, and I do not have a holder to burn them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use in its place, or do I need to go out and buy one?

You can use anything that won't burn - I use a small bowl, fill it with uncooked rice or pasta, then stick the incense in. That's it. No fancy incense burner. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Thanks for posting the photos!  Looks like your cat likes the box too (but just the actual box...because all cats can't resist boxes.  Mine do the same!)

The eye soothing bag thingie is much larger than I thought it would be!

Let us know how the oat bar tastes.  Too bad they didn't throw in 2 to make it a little better value.

What scent was the incense?  That is A LOT of sticks!

Seasonsbox wrote me back. They still don't want to send me my january box, because I cancel in november (I cancel because I didn't want my subcription to renew for another year!! And I didn't want any problem with my credit card compagnie). And in another e-mail they tell me that I cancel in november, and that they didn't get the $ for january!?!?! I have send many e-mail to explain them...

I have enough. I call my credit card compagny. I subcribe to Seasonsbox the 4 of february. I will have my money back for my one box missing. My credit card compagnie is going to send me papers to make my réclamations!! Enough is enough!!

Latest posts

Back