Secret Santa for NAILS 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish we had an Ulta near us .... or maybe I don't! LOL! Talk about being broke!

I actually like the online better than the store. It's easier to figure out the best deals. When I go in I get distracted by all of the shiny things. And then next thing you know, there goes $100.
Haha that's me!  IT'S SO SHINY!  I MUST HAVE IT!

I need to fill out my profile list too for nail polish... now to decide if I want to ask for one high-end polish, or several $3 ones... hmm, decisions decisions!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually like the online better than the store. It's easier to figure out the best deals. When I go in I get distracted by all of the shiny things. And then next thing you know, there goes $100.
My husband says I'm like a crow ... something bright and shiny catches my eye and I am oblivious to everything around me! I would probably get lost in an Ulta store and have to be dragged out kicking and screaming like a 2-year-old having a tantrum! 

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha that's me!  IT'S SO SHINY!  I MUST HAVE IT!

I need to fill out my profile list too for nail polish... now to decide if I want to ask for one high-end polish, or several $3 ones... hmm, decisions decisions!!!
I saw someone mention only wanting a high-end polish, so we do need to make it clear in our profiles and on all the threads what brands and colors we prefer. In the end, it is up to the giver, so be sure if you're participating to checkout areas where your giftee posts to see what they like. But, above all, make it FUN! 

I'm in too, and can't wait for the official sign-up!  Regarding profiles - are you talking the "list" portion?

Oh, I am so in for this. I just got a second nail polish rack and need to fill! Plus it will give me an excuse to buy polish again (currently on a no-buy and it hurts!).

You can buy polish from Sephora or Ulta using coupons and codes to get bang for your buck and possible get a high end and another polish or treatment or tools. I know I don't want any Juleps or Bondi since I am a subscriber to both.

Quote: Originally Posted by HelloGuys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Have fun, people :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Burberry sells nail polishes for $21;)

Oooh, pretty!  Have you seen any reviews on these?  I wonder how the formula is... Hopefully for $21 a bottle it's awesome! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

@magicalmom, the reviews are really good for those. The colors are oxblood and stone.

Quote: Originally Posted by HelloGuys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Have fun, people :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Burberry sells nail polishes for $21;)

I love the way these look!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can buy polish from Sephora or Ulta using coupons and codes to get bang for your buck and possible get a high end and another polish or treatment or tools. I know I don't want any Juleps or Bondi since I am a subscriber to both.

Same with me on the Julep and Bondi.  Coupons and more bang for the buck is good!  Sally's often has deals on China Glaze and FingerPaints polishes too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Smileys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm in too, and can't wait for the official sign-up!  Regarding profiles - are you talking the "list" portion?
Hey, @Smileys, I'm talking about when you click on YOUR profile, go to Edit Your Community Profile and a) either filling it in for the first time, or B) updating it to make sure your preferences are clear about things such as colors you love, colors you hate, brands you prefer, brands you hate, etc.

FYI, you can buy dotting tools on amazon for $1.50. There are also many other items that will give you bang for your buck and add to your gift box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FYI, you can buy dotting tools on amazon for $1.50. There are also many other items that will give you bang for your buck and add to your gift box.
Thanks, Jac13! You are soo right ... there are bargains that can be found to flesh out our gifts! 

Ladies, I started this thread a few months ago:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137256/polish-wish-list-fall-collection-2013

With this intro:

This thread is to share what colors we find our minds returning to long after the first sighting, arranged only by the time of release. This thread is not for polish that we are actually going to buy, but just colors you would get if cost were not an issue. Sort of a WISH LIST .. you might even want to share it with your loved ones so they can see what you really, really want

Try to include a picture please and maybe even tell us what you love about the color.

xoxo,

Angi Smith

(You can usually find me hanging out in the BONDI New York and Julep threads).

IF YOU WANT TO PUT THINGS FOR YOUR SECRET SANTA FOR NAILS ON THIS LIST, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO!
xmas.gif

Hi! This was just posted by Zadidoll in the main Secret Santa thread and I thought it would be useful for this thread, too!

Since everyone here has access to the signatures I'm thinking to make it easier for your Secret Santa if each person created a new list and link it to the signature. (See mine below as an example.)

To create a list:

1. Click on your username at the top right of your screen (on PC/desktop version).
  2. Scroll down to near the bottom. You'll see Your Forum Signature then below that Your Lists. Click on Create a new list.
  3. Title it "My Secret Santa Wish List". List type can be set to anything, mine is set to makeup but that's just the default since this is the first time we're using the lists for a different reason than how it was originally intended.
  4. Click on Submit.
  5. Add pictures and add content. If you want to add the Secret Santa girl image to be your default list pic here is the url for it:
    https://www.makeuptalk.com/image/id/1485810

Because the list items are tied to items in the Reviews database if what you want to add is NOT showing up PM me the item so I can add it to the database. Newer products will most likely not be in the database.

If you don't want to create a list you can use the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and list your wanted items there and link to the signature as well. Which ever way works for you. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey, @Smileys, I'm talking about when you click on YOUR profile, go to Edit Your Community Profile and a) either filling it in for the first time, or B) updating it to make sure your preferences are clear about things such as colors you love, colors you hate, brands you prefer, brands you hate, etc.
Thanks!!

It's nice that you ladies are coordinating such fun holiday events. Hopefully, I will have enough posts to join. Sounds fun!

Quote: Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's nice that you ladies are coordinating such fun holiday events. Hopefully, I will have enough posts to join. Sounds fun!
@NittanyLionGRRL, posts are easy! If you really want to find a lot to comment on, go to the What Nail Polish Are You Wearing? thread ... you will find tons of pictures there that are simply gorgeous and make you want to comment!

Back