Secret Santa for NAILS 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first post though, I always follow makeup talk but never seem to respond. I have such a busy life I am an english teacher that just turned 30 yesterday. I have a full house with a 7 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and one year old :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And fixing to have to run to make it home for the kiddos, but will for sure be back on tonight so I can pick up with you girls.

This is my first post though, I always follow makeup talk but never seem to respond. I have such a busy life I am an english teacher that just turned 30 yesterday. I have a full house with a 7 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and one year old :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Happy birthday! Your house sounds crazy busy!

Quote: Originally Posted by Momma4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first post though, I always follow makeup talk but never seem to respond. I have such a busy life I am an english teacher that just turned 30 yesterday. I have a full house with a 7 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and one year old
smile.gif

Hi, @Momma4! Hope you had a great birthday! And man, did you decide to start having kids all in a row or what???? Just teasing, but God knew me ... he only gave me one to raise ... of course, that ONE equals about 4 regular ones! Can you say, "all boy, ADHD, bipolar, and some sort of learning disability that was never determined?" That's my four!!! And his name is Jackson Turner Smith!

This is my first post though, I always follow makeup talk but never seem to respond. I have such a busy life I am an english teacher that just turned 30 yesterday. I have a full house with a 7 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and one year old
smile.gif

I suggested to someone else to go check out the thread What Polish Are You Wearing?. There's no lack of pretty manicures to comment on. Also, 30 Mani Marathon to see some awe-inspiring MAJOR manicures! Those ladies are talented beyond belief!!!

My 3,2,and one year old are all boys.  Our three year old goes to speech and language therapy, he is about a year behind on language due to 3 sets of ear tubes.  I know what you mean mine go to bed around 9 and wake up about 4 in the morning no matter what.  They are so bouncing of the walls, eating lizards, play till the sun comes up boys.  I just started getting into doing my nails and buying polishes as a way to remind myself that I am a woman that should take care of herself every once in awhile instead of steadily just being covered in dirt and bugs, and doughnut handprints and everything else that gets thrown my way:)

And, I did see the nail site, they are so talented.  I think that kind of talent though looks like it takes time, which I for sure do not have.  I love to polish put a topcoat of glitter on and call myself done.  And, I hate to say but no matter what top coat and basecoat I use my nails only last two to three days before chipping.

My 3,2,and one year old are all boys.  Our three year old goes to speech and language therapy, he is about a year behind on language due to 3 sets of ear tubes.  I know what you mean mine go to bed around 9 and wake up about 4 in the morning no matter what.  They are so bouncing of the walls, eating lizards, play till the sun comes up boys.  I just started getting into doing my nails and buying polishes as a way to remind myself that I am a woman that should take care of herself every once in awhile instead of steadily just being covered in dirt and bugs, and doughnut handprints and everything else that gets thrown my way:)
Oh, I forgot about the ears. Mine had three sets of tubes and ear surgery later to heal a ruptured eardrum that never healed. He got his 4th set of ear tubes when he was 18. His problems are due to severe grass and tree allergies though. But they did delay his speech which was how we found it ... he never pulled or tugged at his ears, never said his ears hurt, nothing .... And three boys 3 and under will cause polish to chip! Just keep doing something that's just for YOU! You have to feed your soul before you can nurture theirs!

This seems like so much fun, I want to do both this SS and the other one. I may need to have a little chat with my Fiance, but I'm thinking both will be in my near future, especially if it gets him out of buying me makeup and nail polish. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This seems like so much fun, I want to do both this SS and the other one. I may need to have a little chat with my Fiance, but I'm thinking both will be in my near future, especially if it gets him out of buying me makeup and nail polish
That's funny!  It would work with my DH!

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This seems like so much fun, I want to do both this SS and the other one. I may need to have a little chat with my Fiance, but I'm thinking both will be in my near future, especially if it gets him out of buying me makeup and nail polish. 
I think this just might be the most incredible and genius post ever.  Although mine is so self consumed by his own hobbies I don't think he knows what I am doing. I told him I was doing this and the circular swap and he just smiled and nodded.  (No clue!!)

"What giant box I am hauling from the mailbox to my office??  Look over there the cat is doing something cute."  /runs away.

I think this just might be the most incredible and genius post ever.  Although mine is so self consumed by his own hobbies I don't think he knows what I am doing. I told him I was doing this and the circular swap and he just smiled and nodded.  (No clue!!) "What giant box I am hauling from the mailbox to my office??  Look over there the cat is doing something cute."  /runs away.
Are you me? This is exactly what goes on in my house. Look at the new box I got for the cat.

I so want to do this but I'm moving the first week of December so it will be hectic and I'm worried I'd forget to send the package on time. Hopefully this happens next year so I can shop for makeup and polish for other gals! Being an only girl in the family has that downside. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by STLSportsGirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so excited for this.  I want to start shopping now for it!
Me too!

smile.gif

Welcome and happy birthday!

I know!  I'm making myself wait until I get my person so I can see if they have a profile wish list.  GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really, really, really want to shop lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know!  I'm making myself wait until I get my person so I can see if they have a profile wish list.  GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really, really, really want to shop lol.

Ladies, do you ever consider that it is nail polish we are addicted to or just shopping for nail polish??? I think we might all need a psychiatrist on the forum to help us distinguish .... LOL! Any psychiatrists out there with a nail polish addiction want to sign on to help us with our disorder???

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yup.  I loves me some shopping...and nail polish isn't the only thing I love shopping for!  I look at it this way, I don't drink, take drugs, lie, steal or screw around.  I'm entitled to have at least one bad habit, right??

Quote:

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ladies, do you ever consider that it is nail polish we are addicted to or just shopping for nail polish??? I think we might all need a psychiatrist on the forum to help us distinguish .... LOL! Any psychiatrists out there with a nail polish addiction want to sign on to help us with our disorder???

Back