Self tanner/sunscreen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My self tanner doesn't have a suncscreen in it, but I noticed when I have the fake tan, when going in my pool today for about an hour and half, I didn't burn even a tad. Wonder why??? Does it still create some sort of barrier to the skin you think? I usually burn bad if I forget the sunscreen being a redhead and all. Also is there a difference between sunscreen and sunblock??
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Yes ..there IS a difference between Sunscreen and Sunblock ..as I understand it ...sunscreen allows some rays in ..whereas sunblock ..allows NOTHING. I think that's it. I know I use Bullfrog on my tattoo work ..I want NO SUN - NO TAN on those areas...and I get nothing ..whereas Sunscreen I get some color. well, i read on professional sites that the term sunblock is actually misleading. there is no substance that would block the sunrays completely, as the name falsely suggests.also, most people do not apply enough of sunscreen to achieve the sun protection factor of particular sunscreen. most people do not realize that you have to apply really decent amount of sunscreen to have the indicated level of protection. consequently, not using enough sunscreen further lowers the level of protection.

unfortunatelly best chemical sunscreen filters are not approved by FDA. that's why sunscreens we can buy in USA give almost none protection against UVA rays!

http://www.advicegoddess.com/archive...the_fda_f.html

Originally Posted by Naturally Now ..as to why you didn't burn with the fake tan ..that's interesting since it's a fake tan ..not sure if that brings out the natural melanin in our bodies and therefore protects you like a normal tan. Would be nice if it did help in that sense. Hopefully someone else has a solution/answer. fake tan alone gives none protection. there had to be some other factor that prevented burn.

Originally Posted by Naturally Interesting they say that about sunblock. Although I read somewhere else that nowadays the sunscreens have the same stuff so they are essentially the same. But I know when I use Bullfrog ..I get NOTHING ..NADA ..whereas when I use sunscreens ..I get something. I know for my tattoo work areas I do not want ANYTHING ...I paid DEARLY for my artwork and the SUN will ruin it and I know 100% that Bullfrog works at blocking it. yes, but there are some rays that go inside without you realizing that. this is what i mean by not blocking EVERYTHING.creams that we can buy in US most often give really good protectrion against UVB rays (ones responsible for burning) but the protection against UVA rays is almost non existant (despite the fact that all sunscreens claim to give UVA protection but they forgot to mention that the UVA filters they use are not stable and very weak). UVA is responsible for aging and cellular damage. we don't detect these changes, only after the decades.

the moral: buy sunscreens with mexoryl in europe or canada
cool.gif

Latest posts

Back