Semi Permanent Hair Dye Question!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, i'm absolutely sick of my hair at the mo. I'm BROKE with a capital B so i wanna do a DIY colour at home. I only wanna use Semi Permanent to start off with though. Any suggestions on what brands i should try out??

TIA
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love Movida and i feel exactly as you at the moment. Im pig sick of my hair as i had it layered and my hairdresser advised me to have some streaks and foils in it, but i suppose he would say that at 30 squid a treatment. I have been using Movida in Auburn and it really picks up the grey bits and looks very natural. I have very pale skin and it looks warm against it without looking hard. It also brings out the green in my eyes and if you use a purple mascara and wear autumnal colours it can look wicked with a flush of a pink blusher and a nice pink or brown lippy.

Hi Laura! I've used both Clairol's Natural Instincts and L'Oreal's Color Spa(?) and both have worked very well for me. Because my hair is previously treated and more susceptible to absorbing color, I have to be careful and choose a color that I consider lighter than my current color. I tried to match my color exactly and I ended up with much darker hair.
redface.gif

I never heard of Movida DonnaMaryUk.. I'll have a look for it though. Gonna check out Clairol's NI & L'Oreals one too Kitty.. Thanks for the suggestions. (PS. did u get my PM?)

Is that semi-permanent NYAngel?? Coz i think i came across that one today but thought it said permanent on the box

Heya Laura!
smile.gif
This one is a semi-permanent color. And for anyone who is curious, Color Spa used to be called Castings, then changed its name a few years back.

Originally Posted by laura127 Is that semi-permanent NYAngel?? Coz i think i came across that one today but thought it said permanent on the box

Yeah... used to be Castings color spa... they just did away with the whole "Castings" thing... but yes, it's a semi-perm.

Oh cool, i'll check that out so! Thanks girls. I also saw L'Oreal's Colour Pulse today. Its a mousse that you apply & it last 8 to 10 washes. Might try that out too!!

I sent my mum looking for color pulse today but any store she went in to, they didn't have it. I know i saw it somewhere recently though! Check out loreal's site girlie & you'll see what its about. Its semi-permanent & lasts 8-10 washes which is just what i'm looking for!

Clairol is a nice make too and is pretty gentle on the hair. Laura, Movida is in an orange box and is really good, i have used that one as well. Loreal is another good make, i like their colors that can add blue or purple tones to the hair. Perfect is you have black hair.

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Glad you found us!

Originally Posted by AngelKelli132

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any idea as to where I could find Color Pulse. I've been looking everyone where for it and I can't find it!!! I'm going to call up Wal-Mart tomorrow or something like that and see if I can get them to order it for me. But I was just wondering if anyone know a place that they know of that actually sales it.

Originally Posted by AngelKelli132 Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any idea as to where I could find Color Pulse. I've been looking everyone where for it and I can't find it!!! I'm going to call up Wal-Mart tomorrow or something like that and see if I can get them to order it for me. But I was just wondering if anyone know a place that they know of that actually sales it. Hi AngelKelli!! That's for joining us!!
tongue.gif
Actually another member PM'ed me lately on this - I haven't seen it around here ANYWHERE.... not even mentioned on the L'Oreal website. If you scroll up, you'll see that Laura mentions this color... but she is in Ireland. Guess it's not available in the US yet. Maybe Laura knows a site that will ship it to you???
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back