Sensitive Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately my skin seems to be changing to very sensitive skin. Products I have used for a few years now really seem to bother it. I have been using Lancomes Mousse Clarite for my morning and night cleanser, Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Moisturizer, and Bobbi Brown Eye Cream. The first thing to start bothering me was the eye cream I started to get red, itchy, flacky patches on my eyelids. So I switched to Estee Lauders Hydra Complex Eye-Gel, which seemed to work for a little while but the samething is coming back. Also now I am getting the same flaky irritated patches on my chin. I don't know what to do or use for this. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good products for sensitive skin that might remedy this?

I have switched all of my face stuff (foundation, cleanser, moisturizer) to Bare Escentuals. I barely break out now and I love their stuff. I have sensitve skin and I found that this line really works for me.

Originally Posted by WarholsMarilyn Lately my skin seems to be changing to very sensitive skin. Products I have used for a few years now really seem to bother it. I have been using Lancomes Mousse Clarite for my morning and night cleanser, Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Moisturizer, and Bobbi Brown Eye Cream. The first thing to start bothering me was the eye cream I started to get red, itchy, flacky patches on my eyelids. So I switched to Estee Lauders Hydra Complex Eye-Gel, which seemed to work for a little while but the samething is coming back. Also now I am getting the same flaky irritated patches on my chin. I don't know what to do or use for this. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good products for sensitive skin that might remedy this? If your skin is not acne-prone, I suggest Prescriptives Comfort Cleanser and Comfort Lotion. Also, Prescriptives Vibrant Eye is a gentle, light-reflecting undereye treatment. However, I am not sure if it contains mica, which may be the source of your itchy/flaky problem. Many of the new eye treatments contain mica to reflect light. I would check for this ingredient before purchasing any more eye treatments if I were you.

Thanks Marisol and Spazbaby. I will have to look for these and give them a try. Right now I am trying to Neutrogena cleanser, moisturizer, and eye-cream. I walked to the local pharmacy this afternoon and that was what the pharmacist suggested. So hopefully it works. If not, I wil go and hunt for the products you meantioned.

Back