Sephora dilemma...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My best friend just gave me a $20 certificate to Sephora. I want to go in with some ideas, to prevent sensory overload.
smile.gif
I wanted to see if the lovely ladies of MUT have any suggestions. Does anyone have any favorite green or deep purple/plum eyeshadows? I'm looking for something fun & dramatic, for a good smoky eye.

Oh, PS: I'm LLL/NC20/hazel eyes/dark brown hair (I've gotta get a picture of me up here soon!).

Please do check out the "Make Up Forever" collection. There are some really cool colors in this line, I bought a blush that I used as an eyeshadow and it's really purple! I have no idea who would wear a bright purple blush. Go on the sephora website and read up on their stuff before you go in, print out pages if you have to.

I wish I could help you - but I still have a gift cert. from XMas & I STILL have no idea what to get!!! Theres so many good choices!!

icon_surprised.gif

Spend it girl!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

I wish I could help you - but I still have a gift cert. from XMas & I STILL have no idea what to get!!! Theres so many good choices!!

Ooh how nice of your friend to get you a gift certificate. I know what you mean about sensory overload. I can't go to Sephora without feeling that way. I love the store but there is too many products and lines to choose from. You might want to check out Pout line. I've heard great things about the line and I've tried the lipslick and liked it.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Does anyone have any favorite green or deep purple/plum eyeshadows? I'm looking for something fun & dramatic, for a good smoky eye.
Oh, PS: I'm LLL/NC20/hazel eyes/dark brown hair (I've gotta get a picture of me up here soon!).

For smoky eye looks, try:
Stila Smudgepot in Plum: Smudge it onto your lid, then blend into the crease. Then, apply a line of it on your lashline.

or

Stila Convertible Eye Color in Berry or Ivy. There's a shadow on one end that you apply on the lid. Then apply the eyeliner on the lashline, and smudge with the smudger.

P20757_hero.jpg

or

Too Faced e/s duos in Punk Pop or Ooh & Ahh:

649046_sw.jpg
289066_sw.jpg

Found these for $19:

P42957_hero.jpg

P42955_hero.jpg

This for $18:

P35705_hero.jpg
in these shades:

712273_sw.jpg
633883_sw.jpg
616359_sw.jpg
616599_sw.jpg

There's so many, but those were the things I found eye-catching.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin)
icon_surprised.gif

Spend it girl!

I'm trying!!! I'm trying!!! LOL There's so many good things to choose from!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For the green eyeshadow I recommend Urbay Decay. Mildew is an awesome smokey green shadow. And Urb is a light shimmery celadon color. Mixing the two on the eyelid makes a gorgeous smokey eye.

Oooh, thanks for all of the suggestions ladies! I'll let you know what I end up deciding on -- I appreciate the ideas!

Latest posts

Back