Sephora Play December 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the thread for the Sephora Play December box. Sorry a little late. I dropped the ball on this. Looks like the theme is Party Goers. Any other spoilers out there yet?

sephora play box december 2016 spoilers.jpg

i was hoping for an update on any spoilers?  or even a video?  i wanted to get the box before an xmas party i am going to

If the variations are perfume and mascara, I'm ok with this, too many variations makes me crazy for all the products I didn't get (but want to try).

I'm ok with not obtaining mascara and perfume since I have a million of them. Well I have a million of everything but I still want to try all the skin care variations they've sent in the past.

My bag arrived today (shipping notice yesterday).  I got:

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo

MUFE Step 1 Skin Smoothing Primer

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Red (this one is teeny!)

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Elizabeth and James Rose perfume

Good month overall!

Got my box today. Underwhelming. The sizes are tiny and the items are not particularly interesting. I got the variation with Lancôme mascara and rose perfume. Kind of meh for the holiday box.

Got my box today. Underwhelming. The sizes are tiny and the items are not particularly interesting. I got the variation with Lancôme mascara and rose perfume. Kind of meh for the holiday box.
I got the same box today. It's a very meh box to me as well. I'll use the mascara but that's about it. I've either tried or am uninterested in the rest of the products. I wish they would stop putting Sephora brand products in every bag as well. I'm more interested in trying the higher end brands to see if I want to purchase the full size. My first play box had one of the Bite Amuse Bouche Lipsticks in it and I've bought several of them since. I'm constantly on the fence about cancelling but I know how hard it is to get this box.

I got the Bobbi Brown mascara. I was happy to get that and the dry shampoo, the rest of the box will be given away. What a bummer for December! My Ipsy bag was better (which I just cancelled). I hope January will be good.

ive really liked this sub over birchbox ... my biggest complaint is the bonus card can only be used in stores & the closest sephora is like ... 60 miles away.  i would order online more if i could use a code on the card  

ive really liked this sub over birchbox ... my biggest complaint is the bonus card can only be used in stores & the closest sephora is like ... 60 miles away.  i would order online more if i could use a code on the card  
I agree, the card should be online as well. Btw, you can also use it at Sephora in JCP.

I agree, the card should be online as well. Btw, you can also use it at Sephora in JCP.
I think so too. I had two cards expire because I just don't go to the store. I buy most of the things online. If we could use them online, it would make a huge difference.

I think so too. I had two cards expire because I just don't go to the store. I buy most of the things online. If we could use them online, it would make a huge difference.

Maybe we could send a suggestion to customer service. There is an SiJCP just 5 miles from where we live but the selection is really not much. I'd rather shop online too.

I finally got my box/bag yesterday. It hung out at a post office in another city for a day or two.

The black bag is really cute!

IMG_2443.JPG

Nothing overly exciting here, I've tried most of it, except the lip item and drybar item. But I ended up swapping this drybar item for drybar dry shampoo which will work better for my hair. I just got the same Bobbi Brown mascara in my November Birchbox. Everything else will get used.

Looking forward to 2017! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Called and cancelled after the December box arrived. I've not been impressed with any of the boxes. Nothing matched my profile, and almost everything has been passed on to others each month. Bah humbug!

Latest posts

Back