September 2012 Official No/Low Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to get some Tarte mascaras from the Ulta deal, but found myself adding more and more junk to my basket. Then I realized I have more than enough tubes I haven't touched. So I exited out and didn't go back. But damn, it was a good deal lol.

I went in to Ulta on Saturday since I was shopping with a friend at Homegoods.  I walked out without buying a thing!  That's a first for me.  I thought for a second about the 3 Lorac shadow quads for $36, then realized I havent' even touched my Tarte shadows I bought last month.  And, at Homegoods the only thing I bought was a pillow that was on clearance for $12.  I'm hoping this will be easier than I thought!

I went in to Ulta on Saturday since I was shopping with a friend at Homegoods.  I walked out without buying a thing!  That's a first for me.  I thought for a second about the 3 Lorac shadow quads for $36, then realized I havent' even touched my Tarte shadows I bought last month.  And, at Homegoods the only thing I bought was a pillow that was on clearance for $12.  I'm hoping this will be easier than I thought!
Nice! I must admit, I went to Michael's to get some Mona Lisa pink soap(best stuff ever) and ended up spending an extra $10 on glitters for DIY manis and some sparkly eyes on club nights. I bought 3 different sets, each with 4-6 pouches/pots of glitters. Also bought some baby wipes with aloe/vitamin E to remove my makeup and have been loving it since it works well and cost less than $2... Save! So I'm feeling good so far about budgeting this month. I think I'll actually make it through the month. I'm staring to run low on my Philosophy purity oil cleanser, but might be able to ration and purchase next month. If all else fails, I can try and use some BB points if it's available in the shop.

I cancelled my LBB's due to buyers remorse...

and I found a cool wallet at TJ Maxx anyway for $10. It's a  teal-ish quilted deux lux clutch type thing with a wrist strap (which at first I thought was lame, but thinking about it made me realize that it'd be great for when I lack pockets) and I like it better than the DL one I originally started LBB for. And for $10, I couldn't say no.
redface.gif

I have to ration my $$$ until around Halloween too so a low/no buy is in order.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I must admit, I went to Michael's to get some Mona Lisa pink soap(best stuff ever) and ended up spending an extra $10 on glitters for DIY manis and some sparkly eyes on club nights. I bought 3 different sets, each with 4-6 pouches/pots of glitters. Also bought some baby wipes with aloe/vitamin E to remove my makeup and have been loving it since it works well and cost less than $2... Save! So I'm feeling good so far about budgeting this month. I think I'll actually make it through the month. I'm staring to run low on my Philosophy purity oil cleanser, but might be able to ration and purchase next month. If all else fails, I can try and use some BB points if it's available in the shop.
Remember what you asked me? Is it a staple? It sounds like it is...I caved cus the one thing we don't want to mess with too much is our facial routine (even though we sample all kinds of things...it's a good thing to have your go to there). I caved on my toner and was so glad I did. On that note, I know that this weekend (when I caved and purchased the Philosophy Pumpkin Pie Wash...what? I was out of body wash and wasn't enjoying the whole bar soap thing much...don't judge me! lol!!) I was at Macy's and they have a decent Philosophy gift for a $35 purchase and I think it even had a Purity in there but may wanna double check that. Plus, I think QVC had jumbo sizes of the Purity (though paying for their shipping drives me nuts). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am FORCING myself to STOP BINGE BUYING!!! Last month i went absolutely CRAZY and bought soooooooooo many makeup products I DONT NEED!!!!

Just so I dont feel guilty about it I am also forcing myself TO ACTUALLY USE THE PRODUCTS lol. So I am actually stopping myself for a while....maybe a few days lol NOOOO! maybe a month or two  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Hubs told me yesterday I had to cut down on my sub boxes. Ugh. I also can't buy anything this month. This is going to be TOUGH.

I did well in July. Not so much in August. I bought a lot of clothes and a few makeup things. I'd like to pay off my credit cards and get back on track. I was doing so well until my cat had to go to the vet and I had to buy my plane ticket back to VA. I'm also cutting my subs down. Birchbox is going and I already cancelled Love with Food. I caved and got a LBB this month but that needs to stop as well!

I keep feeling the urge to buy more eyeshadow but really it is not necessary at all. So I am planning on making myself FINISH up at least two colors before I cave.  I have decided that these colors can be just one color in a palette or one half of a duo shadow.  I've hit pan recently on a bunch of colors, but there is still a looooooooong way to go before I actually use up anything.  Hitting pan is definitely exciting, but for me it is a far cry from actually finishing up a color.  I am always surprised at how long it takes to actually finish a product.  Especially a pressed powder product. 

So far I'm not doing well. Yesterday I decided that I was going to drop 2 subs. I ended up NOT dropping 2 subs - but ADDING one more. Help.

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far I'm not doing well. Yesterday I decided that I was going to drop 2 subs. I ended up NOT dropping 2 subs - but ADDING one more. Help.
I'm at a point where I need to start dropping them, too...again. Last time, I had cut down to JUST birchbox, but now I'm back up to bb, glossybox, and beauty army. I have 6 months left on my year of bb, and 2 months left on glossybox, so it looks like beauty army has to go. Why am I such an addict :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After a couple of really great months, I caved.  Bought the 2 Eliis Faas eyeshadows.  On the plus side, I was able to test them out at a counter, so talked myself out of 4 products down to 2.  And I got a discount.  But still, no buy for the rest of the month.  And I still need to use up at least 5 products.  However, the using up is going well--I've managed a few already.

Which shadows did you get? I'm so temped to splurge on Ellis Faas products, but I just can't and I'm trying to talk myself out of it lol.

However, I'd like to know if they were worth it? I can at least put it on my wish list.

What Ellis products did you try and not care for? 

When you ladies say LBB, are you talking about Little Black Bag? or something else. 

Do you like it? 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm at a point where I need to start dropping them, too...again. Last time, I had cut down to JUST birchbox, but now I'm back up to bb, glossybox, and beauty army. I have 6 months left on my year of bb, and 2 months left on glossybox, so it looks like beauty army has to go. Why am I such an addict :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.
Right now I'm subbed to:

Birchbox (I would've dropped by now if it wasn't for the points)

Beauty Army (which I justify because you can skip a month)

Glossybox (My current fav)

MyGlam (just added yesterday - I'm kicking myself for it)

QVC Test Tube (Which I justify because it is not monthly)

It's soooo hard to let go! If I had to pick just 2, it would be Glossybox and QVC. They are my favorites. But you know how that goes.

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When you ladies say LBB, are you talking about Little Black Bag? or something else. 

Do you like it? 
LBB is Little Black Bag.  But it's relatively expensive so at this point, unless I'm lacking something specific, I try not to open an LBB.  It's so much fun.

Right now I'm subbed to:

It's soooo hard to let go! If I had to pick just 2, it would be Glossybox and QVC. They are my favorites. But you know how that goes.
Maybe you should drop Beauty Army.  Having it out there even though you can skip is too tempting.

Right now I'm subbed to:

Crap, I forgot I signed up for myglam again too. DARN IT WHY ARE YOU IMPROVING YOUR SERVICES IT MAKES THIS HARDER.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Crap, I forgot I signed up for myglam again too. DARN IT WHY ARE YOU IMPROVING YOUR SERVICES IT MAKES THIS HARDER.
I got an e-mail telling me to sign up now and skip the waitlist.  I deleted it before I could consider it.  Hoping that if there are products I really like I can get them in trades.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an e-mail telling me to sign up now and skip the waitlist.  I deleted it before I could consider it.  Hoping that if there are products I really like I can get them in trades.
You said it! I'm right there with ya...lol

Which shadows did you get? I'm so temped to splurge on Ellis Faas products, but I just can't and I'm trying to talk myself out of it lol.

However, I'd like to know if they were worth it? I can at least put it on my wish list.

What Ellis products did you try and not care for?
I ordered the Lights in E305 (blue-bordeaux) and the Milky Eyes in E204 (teal).  I liked the way both colors looked with my eyes (brown) when I was in the store.  I don't have anything like either of those colors.

I was considering one of the other lights colors (the green) and one of the other eye colors--navy blue.  The green was a little too light, and the navy was way too dark.  Glad to have found that out before placing an order!  I used the coupon I got through Glossybox, as it checked online, and EF does not seem to have sales very often.  Still have not received the order, but am looking forward to it.  I have not had buyer's remorse yet, and I haven't bought anything else this month.

They do seem to come out with sets periodically, where you get 3 items (of their choosing) for the cost of two-and-a-half.  Perhaps you could wait for the next round of sets to come out?

Back