September 2012 Official No/Low Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Lights in E305 (blue-bordeaux) and the Milky Eyes in E204 (teal).  I liked the way both colors looked with my eyes (brown) when I was in the store.  I don't have anything like either of those colors.

I was considering one of the other lights colors (the green) and one of the other eye colors--navy blue.  The green was a little too light, and the navy was way too dark.  Glad to have found that out before placing an order!  I used the coupon I got through Glossybox, as it checked online, and EF does not seem to have sales very often.  Still have not received the order, but am looking forward to it.  I have not had buyer's remorse yet, and I haven't bought anything else this month.

They do seem to come out with sets periodically, where you get 3 items (of their choosing) for the cost of two-and-a-half.  Perhaps you could wait for the next round of sets to come out?

Cool! Yeah I really want the Lights shadows. They are so pretty!

I don't have Glossybox, so no coupon for me, boohoo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The sets are cool except that I don't usually care for the shades they choose.

Thanks for the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

MissLindaJean...did u get the e-mail for the Sample Society gift with a Philosophy purchase. Thought of you when I saw it!

I deleted it lol..without looking! Thanks for looking out; I'm going to fish through my trash bin for it!

Found it! Big thanks to you Dots! BTW, the Butter London deal got me...oops, but $11 for 4 of them was beyond my resistance!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Found it! Big thanks to you Dots! BTW, the Butter London deal got me...oops, but $11 for 4 of them was beyond my resistance!
$11 for 4??  How did you manage that?  I ordered 4 and with tax it was $29.  (disclaimer, these aren't for me, they're to go in Christmas baskets)

Yay! Welcome!

Today Sephora had a really good Fan Friday Deal for skin products and I thought, I'll just order one or two things that I could use backups on so I can utilize the promo, I even went on the site and put things in my cart, but then suddenly snapped out of it and just logged out!

I almost broke my no buy today, but I managed to hold strong. 
smile.gif

I bought more nail polish at Target..oops. I went in to get some free Glade stuff from the Bzz Campaign I'm participating in and saw some cute fall/winter stuff on display. There was glitter and snakeskin...I couldn't resist. The polishes were $2 each and somehow the Glade coupon covered the purchase, because instead of paying the total $4 plus tax, I rang up at $0.34!!! Lol, definitely stayed under budget!

I am about to cancel Birchbox....I think...I have the link open to cancel....I just need that extra kick in the pants!!!!!

Maybe if I keep looking down at my chipped up hot mess of a manicure (cough COLOR CLUB cough) that I just painted LAST NIGHT.

Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel. Phew. There's one. Now I just need to cancel one more...

I cancelled my Birchbox sub as well. I'm also thinking about cancelling one of my other subs. I'm starting to reach sample overload I think. I'm really struggling with the Kiehl's friends and family sale. I need shampoo.  

I had high hopes for not buying anything this month.  However BOTH of the eye make up removers that I had to try on hand are not doing the job.  (Effacil Lancome and Mineralogie)  They cannot hold a candle to Bi-facil Lancome.  Even the Estee Lauder, which I was using up before did a better job than either of these.  Maybe it's the UDPP, but I need to saturate two cotton balls per eye and I still don't think it's all off.  Disappointing for sure.  I am thinking of trying either Target brand (I had a travel size and I think it worked ok), or CVS brand.  Any thoughts?

I use cheap eye makeup remover.. I just squirt some remover on rounds and let them sit on my lids for a moment then wipe away whatever's left. Works for me..anything else is washed away with my oil cleanser.

I should really unsubscribe from Sephora's mailing list. They just sent out an offer for a pretty great deluxe skincare GWP.

2-new.jpg

I might be back on the wagon. I've unsubscribed from both of my beauty army accounts, myglam, and am trying to figure out how to unsubscribe from glossybox..I have a 3 month sub and it says canceled but I don't think I ever canceled it, and I know its supposed to autorenew. 

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should really unsubscribe from Sephora's mailing list. They just sent out an offer for a pretty great deluxe skincare GWP.

2-new.jpg

Yes, I saw that.  I keep telling myself I have soooo much skin care stuff as it is.  But it's a great freebie if you need to buy something anyhow.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might be back on the wagon. I've unsubscribed from both of my beauty army accounts, myglam, and am trying to figure out how to unsubscribe from glossybox..I have a 3 month sub and it says canceled but I don't think I ever canceled it, and I know its supposed to autorenew. 
Yay!! Good job!  A little positive reinforcement for ya!

Latest posts

Back