September 2015 Allure Beauty Box Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of those tiny soaps?

Anybody who still gets billed through beauty bar cancel their sub since the change over? I've got samples coming out of my ears and need to put my subs on hold for a few months and don't know which company to contact to cancel. I can't log into Allure and there isn't a cancel option on BeautyBar anymore.

One of those tiny soaps?

Anybody who still gets billed through beauty bar cancel their sub since the change over? I've got samples coming out of my ears and need to put my subs on hold for a few months and don't know which company to contact to cancel. I can't log into Allure and there isn't a cancel option on BeautyBar anymore.
I wanted to cancel for the same reason. I emailed then at [email protected] and requested to cancel. Actually, I emailed them several times. Three weeks later they responded that my account was cancelled.

I signed up last week or the week before to get the September box and I just got it today! I got a tracking email after I already received it, I loved it. None of the products are really big, but there's a lot in one box. I love the tangle teezer I got is purple and pink. The erno laszlo bar is small, smells amazing though. The lipgloss is small too, kind of a coral pink color but does go on pretty sheer and smells like chocolate!! I'm most excited about that part lol, does sting a little but didn't notice any plumping. The primer smells like orange juice too, a very interesting box of scents for sure.  

I signed up last week or the week before to get the September box and I just got it today! I got a tracking email after I already received it, I loved it. None of the products are really big, but there's a lot in one box. I love the tangle teezer I got is purple and pink. The erno laszlo bar is small, smells amazing though. The lipgloss is small too, kind of a coral pink color but does go on pretty sheer and smells like chocolate!! I'm most excited about that part lol, does sting a little but didn't notice any plumping. The primer smells like orange juice too, a very interesting box of scents for sure.  
Can you tell us the names of the products included?  

Can you tell us the names of the products included?  
Kaplan MD, Soap & Glory, Alterna, Pixi, Erno Laszlo, and Jane Iredale. I really like the box, seems super high value for a $15 box too! I hardly get value out of my Birchbox, I mostly get samples, but sometimes my Ipsy is high value for a $10 bag. 

Yep, both my box and my tracking email came today, lol

I am already very happy. The gloss is sheer, smells chocolaty and has a nice tingle.

I like the brush, and think the tiny soap is both cute and yummy smelling-very fresh.

Lol, my box and shipping notice also came today, I saw it on my usps tracking and had no idea what it was. Guess I have something fun to open up after work! 

Wow some of the samples are so tiny! The Kaplan MD Cellular Rejuvenating Concentrate is $170 for an ounce so I really hope I don't like it! I love the Tangle Teezer brush so much, I have just been sitting here brushing my hair for the last 5 minutes.  Overall though, I can't imagine spending money on this box every month.

One of those tiny soaps?

Yes, I had to cancel my old sub to switch over to a year sub. 

It is complicated but the short answer is Call Allure and then call beauty bar!

Allure's customer service is complete garbage compared to beautybar's customer service.You will have to check with beautybar to verify that the cancellation took place on the date you called Allure. Do this by the 20th of the month before you want the sub to stop. 

My personal experience was this:

- I emailed Allure July 28th to ask  when I needed to make a change, if I wanted to be charged yearly instead of monthly and I did not want to receive double boxes.  I had already been charged for the month of August, by July 28th.

- August 13th I receive this email in response:

Dear Subscriber: 

Thank you for contacting Allure Beauty Box. 

For more information, please call 1-888-696-0423.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. To ensure your future concerns are handled in a timely fashion, please include all previous e-mail correspondence. 

Thank you, 

Suzanne 

Allure Beauty Box Customer Service 

[email protected] 

and NO... I did not remove any info from this. I was thoroughly confused. I searched my trash folders... to be sure I did not miss anything. I could not find any. 

- I called on August 21st. I told them I wanted to change my account to charge yearly instead of monthly. (The yearly charge went through that day). I asked how long I would be seeing my order info on beautybars website. He told me that It should be immediate, because he cancelled my previous sub and restarted a new one to make the change to yearly. I did not think anything of it.... 

- August 31st, I checked beautybar's site and they did charged me for September's box and I can still view my account. 

I called beautybar, (allure's CS closes, while beautybar's is 24 hours).  They said Allure did  not process my cancellation until today Aug 31st/Sept. 1st. Beautybar told me if my account had been canceled on the 21st, I would not have been charged for September's box, even though technically to cancel,  Allure requires  you to cancel before the 20th. Of course I was not thinking that I was canceling at that time, but upgrading my sub.

If you smoothly want to make a change from monthly to yearly or vice versa, I still do not know the correct dates you need to make those changes, but I do know the 21st is too late for the following month. I am pretty sure anytime before the 1st will get you an extra of the previous months box too. 

The reason I LOVE beautybar is their customer service and amazing shipping. They are refunding my money even though it was a bit late. Thankfully I checked before it was not to late to stop the second box from shipping. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this box! I so love the Tangle Teezer! I normally use the Wet Brush, but really like this one and will be good for travel. I can't believe how expensive the Kaplan MD is, no way I'd buy it but really nice to try. I've had the Erno Laszlo soap before, but I like it. I am loving all the skincare items, I've also been wanting to try the Alterna Replenshing Moisture Milk and have to say I really like it, made my hair really soft and smooth and didn't weigh it down. Overall I am happy with this box. 

The Erno Laszlo soaps are amazing and cost like $45.00 for a full bar. This is a great bix of awesome products! Can't wait to get it, mine always comes so late!
I agree it seems like the sample bar soap lasts a really long time. Mine comes late now too I wish they still shipped UPS.

Back