Serenity now!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm moving in two days (Wednesday, in case we have some latecomers) and I HATE PACKING!!!!! We went to Home Depot and bought about 100 of those Rubbermaid 5 million quart boxes that have their own lid and all this was purchased with the intent on making packing easier, but NOOOOO it's making it harder because we can only pack stuff in those farking containers that can be stacked! I cant pack any of the glasses or dishes in these things because of how deep they are because the pressure would cause them to break. What a waste!!!! Instead these things are being stuffed with towels and trinkets and crap like that- oh yeah, I emptied my shoe closet and all but 4 pairs of my shoes fills up one of these tubs, so thats one helluva bigass container!!! So now tomorrow I'm off to scavenge for cardboard boxes like I should have done in the first place. Ok, so these containers werent for naught, it just didnt work out like I wanted it to. However, this time we actually went to Office Depot and got bubble wrap and that styrofoam paper stuff instead of using nasty ole newspaper so no gross black fingertips for me :mrgreen: Gawd, I hate moving. Well, moving's not so bad, its just the the packing and then the unpacking that I hate :x

We're moving because of Hubby's work- transfers and stuff. I'm a freelance MU artist so it doesnt really affect me; I can get clients anywhere, but this packing is killing me! I begged for him to spend the 200 bucks to hire packers but he said no
frown.gif
I could deal with the unpacking if the packing was professionally done, ya know? Because everything is clearly labelled and INSURED against damage- at heart I'm a conniseur of shortcuts (lazy) and anything that makes this easier is a godsend!

Tomorrow is my last day to post for awhile until we get settled
frown.gif

Fark! Thats a good question!!! Once we get there I dont have a clue what we're going to do with all those tubs!!! Hubby suggests I use them to store all my makeup/skincare products, lmao!

I see a party in our future once we get settled in nicely and a couple of them will probably be cradling ice and beer (who needs a cooler when youve got Rubbermaid on your side?). I just hope our house has a basement :shock:

You dont know if it has a basement? did you buy?

Originally Posted by bluepisces

I see a party in our future once we get settled in nicely and a couple of them will probably be cradling ice and beer (who needs a cooler when youve got Rubbermaid on your side?). I just hope our house has a basement :shock:

Latest posts

Back