Sexy Nude Pout-

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nude lipcolor is my fave, here are some good tips on finding just the right nude.........

Best Lip Look (taken from marie claire)

A nude pout is sexy now. To get it, go peach rather than beige (which can appear corpselike). Here's what works with <!--Pos Off --><!-- V/5 generated DART tag v2.1 --><!-- sstype=other --><!--DART params(7|434727|/mags/marieclaire/beauty/skin/articles:615830)--><!-- End DART Tag -->your skin tone.

makeup_intro.gif

Fair to Medium Skin

jessica.gif

To keep your lips from disappearing into your pale complexion, steer clear of anything matte or sheer. An opaque gloss -- in peach or peachy-pink -- is your best bet, says celebrity makeup artist Matin Maulawizada. For maximum impact, pair with lightly bronzed skin.

Fair_Makeup.gif
Try: Lorac Lip Polish in Beauty, $17.50

Olive Skin

angelina.gif

You've got enough color in your complexion to get away with using a more traditional, taupe-y shade on your mouth, explains Maulawizada. But slicking on a gloss or a creamy lipstick with peachy undertones will have the added benefit of brightening your entire complexion -- and will keep the look from getting too severe. Complement low-key lips with eyeliner or smoky shadow.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=100 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
Olive_Makeup.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Try: Laura Mercier Lip Colour in Discretion,

Dark Skin

jada.gif
To create a nude mouth that doesn't look too white or ashy against your dark skin, apply a peachy-brown, slightly shimmery gloss, says Maulawizada. The natural color in your lips plus the slight tint of the gloss will give your pucker the perfect finish: understated, yet still red-carpet-ready. Complete the look with slightly dewy makeup and a light, allover dusting of shimmer powder.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=100 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
Dark_Makeup.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Try: YSL Smoothing Lip Gloss in Skin Caress, at select Saks Fifth Avenue stores.

Thanks for posting this Shoey. I'm finding that peach works well, along w/a nude-based pink. Now if I could only get myself to look like Angelina....

Yes, I've been looking for some nice peach toned lipgloss at well, I think it goes well with my skin tone.

I wouldnt have thought that Angelina was Olive skin, she looks lighter.

Originally Posted by keaLoha Thanks for posting this Shoey. I'm finding that peach works well, along w/a nude-based pink. Now if I could only get myself to look like Angelina....

Fabulous, thanks for the post Shoediva!

I love that picture of Jessica Simpson too -- I think that hairstyle/color is beautiful on her.

Aweome post, Shoey!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You guys on here have me lemming nudes now!!! LOL I like Jessica's look here too - much better than another pic I've seen of her online with pin straight hair and blunt bangs that are hanging in her eyes... looked horrible on her IMO - but she really can never look BAD though ... lol
icon_rolleyes.gif

Go Shoey! I always wear my lips nude so i'm loving this post! Thanks
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Shoediva I wouldnt have thought that Angelina was Olive skin, she looks lighter. Me too! Good tips!

Those are great tips! I love the nude lips, but I find a lot of mine are either too pink or too beige, I guess I shoulda been looking at more peachy shades!

that ysl gloss they listed is my HG gloss for nude lips! by itself, it's not a nice, slightly nude gloss, but over mac's brew lipstick, watch out now LOL i looooove it!

I know and I don't even wear any nude colors but the pics look so nice :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aweome post, Shoey!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You guys on here have me lemming nudes now!!! LOL I like Jessica's look here too - much better than another pic I've seen of her online with pin straight hair and blunt bangs that are hanging in her eyes... looked horrible on her IMO - but she really can never look BAD though ... lol
icon_rolleyes.gif

I only wear the nude look everyday. I only color up when I go out at night. Greatt topic.
icon_biggrin.gif
I need tips for a good brand of nude lip color for black skin. There is one gloss, Wild & Crazy - Ginger I get from the beauty supply stores here in Detroit area. It's cheap @ $2 however, the shine fades fast and leaves lips dry sometimes. So I also use Avon's Care Deeply balm underneath. I'm not versed in all that's out there... I'm here for good tips. I am more concerned about coverage for age spots since I am now 40...My skin is now getting blotchy..
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Shoediva /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, I've been looking for some nice peach toned lipgloss at well, I think it goes well with my skin tone.
I wouldnt have thought that Angelina was Olive skin, she looks lighter.

She's definitely light-skinned. I guess maybe her undertones are still more olivey/not pinkish? That stuff confuses me.
lol.gif
Fair or olive-skinned, that is one extremely beautiful woman.
Anyways LOVE nude lips, as long as they aren't TOO light. I used to walk around with lips that were practically white when I was younger.
lol.gif

I love this variant of that concealer mouth nude - slightly peachy or pinky is much prettier and fresher!

Latest posts

Back