Sheer Cover Mineral Make up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nicolebessler /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same thing happened to me...with not getting the order I placed. I am still interested in hearing what people think of it and possible trying it sometime. I've been using Sheer Cover for a couple of weeks now and it's pretty good coverage, I think the coverage might even be better than BE. The finishing powder isn't my fav though, i still love the BE mineral veil.

I am wearing Jane Iredale right now. I just saw the commercial for Sheer Cover and of course the first thing I did was come here to check it out. I think I'll pass on it for now!!! Thanks everyone!

The new infomercial with Alyssa Milano ( spelling?) looks really good doesn't it...I can't believe I almost considered getting it too, and I have more mmu than I know what to do with! The power of the infomercial cannot be denied

I just wanted to offer my two cents. First of all the ingrediants of the concealer are NOT natural, they are equal to the quality of maybelline or wet and wild concealer sticks. It feels like grease, they conviently don't list the ingrdiants of the concealer because they use chemicals, parabins and mineral oil. It really made me break out and it clogged my pores. Seriously, you would be better off using drug store mineral makeup, which are also not pure minerals. The powder is fine, but it is no better than any other MMU and really doesn't do much for coverage on its own with out the concealer. I ended up sending it back. Hope this saves you from getting your hopes up.

I went to Target and they have this there. It's 35.00 I almost got some but didn't. It came with 3 foundations a Concealer and finishing powder and a Brush!

Originally Posted by K*O* /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi girls, Has anyone tried "sheer cover" ? I saw it on an infomercial last night which was hosted by Leeza Gibbons. It's like that bare minerals powder foundation. I was thinking of maybe giving it a shot, but wasn't too sure as to what color I should try, or if its any good...however, they were raving about it on TV (naturally) & it seemed to cover everything from age spots, uneven skin tones, even little spider veins on your legs... hmmm ~
tongue.gif

My advice, don't even go there
sleepyhead.gif
Here's why. for the amount of product that you get and the amount you have to apply to get decent coverage you would come out way better with one of these smaller mineral makeup companies. With Sheer cover you have to always buy two compatible foundations, of which one may be useless to you cause they don't sell them separately.
sleepyhead.gif

Also not only is the coverage super sheer, everything is permanantly matched up for you, but you also have like only 5 color ranges to choose from and sometimes not that many cause they're out. Not one I would recommend
sleepyhead.gif

i returned this real fast,it didnt cover ANYTHING ,and looked very powdery,try luminere its the best so far, i tried like over 15 brands and this one is my favorite,good luck

wow wat a great thread!!!! my mum has just brought this and should recieve it within the next 2 weeks. she also brought the kit. after hearing about this im glad i didnt buy this either!!!

they now sell sets at target. I saw them on sale the other day if the whole buying over the phone is an issue for you. the coverage is pretty good and it does last quite a while. the concealer provides awesome coverage but since I started getting acne, I've been trying to use concealers that aren't so creamy. However, I would definitely recommend this product since it's probably one of the best mmu I've tried in terms of coverage...though it can look like a mask if you use too much. The cleanser and moisturizer they have is crap though and not worth the money imo. hth

I have a friend who uses sheer cover and it works really well for her. She has fair skin and really bad acne, but she uses the sheer cover concealer first, and then the loose powder. You can barely tell that she has acne at all when she has the makeup on.

Yes I Have Used SheerCover's And Let Me Start By Saying It Might Be For Me Doesn't Mean It's Not For You..It Broke Me Out Really Bad ..But It Did Stop After A Few Week's But I Switched To Bare Mineral's ....AnyWay You Want To Know About SheerCover's...It's Good Just Make Sure You Get Your Right Foundation Shade A Little Goe's A Long Way With This Too... I Mean Very Little Then See If You Will need More Ok..If You Over Do It You will Look Like A Disco Ball Or Something Not Good....Ok..

It's Not Bad But It Could Be Better Too...I Had To Switch Because They didn't Have A Darker Foundation Shade For Me ..That Why I Switched..Ok..So Try It ..Just Make Sure You Have A Kabuki Brush If You Want Full Coverage..But If Not Then The Brush It Come's With Will Be ok..

It Come's With No Finishing Veil Or Anything Like That And It Come's With No EyeShadow Either ...

The Kit Come's With...Foundation , Lip Gloss, Mascara, Cleanser, Moisturiser, A 6 Day Sample Of Bronzer, And Concealer....1 Medium Sz Brush And A Concealer Brush And A Brush For Eye Shadow....Just Thought You Want To Know What You Were Getting Ok....It Has SPF15 Too...

I Must Agree With Another Comment Made You Shouldn't Use This Get Bare Mineral's It's A Better Product And The Brushes Are Great Too....Jamillah From Parlin, N.J.

i find sheercover to be a great brand

i did indeed try BE first but found the colours not suited to my complexion...i dislike powder format concealers too which they make

so i decided to opt for the sherercover membership package whereby they send shipment every 3 months

ok at first my order-in the UK- never got processed right either but after quering it ,it finally come in a neat box...its handy having 2 shades to mix.perfect for winter and summer time

their moisturisers great too.i find the concealer great also.no break outs

i just get odd one when its time of the month lol

since ive been wearing it ppl find i look glowing and natural.but hey iv the odd blemish/spot too and this theyre not aware of

their lip to lid highlighter in bronze is excellent...

i have since found a reputable shop on ebay that sells other sc stuff that i cant get in the uk.the sample compact for lips/eyes as well as other glosses and blush...theyre all great and neatly packaged

you can actually buy the pots seperate in the uk so im sure the usa should too..and then youve got ebay too where you can buy single pots

hope that helps x

I have not used it personally, but I am sure some of the ladies here have. Let me know how it is. =)

i ordered online received the order in 6 days. tried it a couple of times experimenting with colour combos but it doesnt seem to cover all that well

i've been using SC during the day because it has more coverage than BE. I like the color of SC and the sheen it gives. It's a lighter version of my Monave. I like it! Plus you can get it really cheap on Ebay.

I've tried it and it's a Gunthy-Renker product. At first, they do wanna send you 30 day supplies on facial powder, concealer,lip gloss (with brushes). But, I told them to stop sending me the 30 day supply.

Instead, I get my Sheer Cover on Ebay. (I get everything on ebay
smile.gif
....The powder does need to match your skin tone or it does come out looking really pale.

They had light, medium and dark shades. I used the medium as a foundation and then shade with a bronzer in my contour areas.

I have small freckles on my face and chest and Sheer Cover covers them without being heavy.

Some people have said that it can look heavy, but it depends upon how much you put on your brush. It's the same concept as Bare Escentuals with the "tap-tap-tap" technique to get rid of the excess powder.

I didn't like Bare Escentuals that much because it made my skin shiny and in pictures, you could see the shine. I haven't had that problem with Sheer Cover. I could see how it wouldn't be for everybody, though. They'd have to enlargen their powder shades and choices to fit all skin colors.

Latest posts

Back