Shimmery makeup Effect

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Get Gorgeous. This shimmery look is especially sexy in the summer time. Here's how to get it!

697060_sw.jpg
614255_sw.jpg
452961_sw.jpg

Score a Shimmery Makeup Effect

Some of the greatest new makeup -- whether it's foundation, eyeliner or blush -- contains tiny particles that bounce immense amounts of light off your face so that you can dazzle! To get this lustrous look, read ahead:

37408_sw.jpg
37457_sw.jpg
238576_sw.jpg

hhstar2.gif
Start with a light-reflective makeup primer or foundation to create glow. Go for Elizabeth Arden Let There Be Light Radiant Skin Lotion SPF 15, $25, or Helena Rubinstein Illumination Compact Foundation with Vitamin C, $42. Note: A drugstore option is Revlon Skinlights Tinted lotion ($11-$13). Sephora skin illuminator lotion is only $5.50 right now (originally $22)! Don't underestimate tinted lotion or foundation with shimmer! It looks radiant!

hhstar2.gif
Sweep a bronze shadow (like BeneFit The Cowgirls Eye Shadow in Fancy Roper, $18) across your lids, then add a light-catching liner at the lower lash lines for definition and drama. Try Revlon High Dimension Eye Liner in Garnet Flash, $7.50. Apply two coats of black mascara. Other suggestions ... Pixi Eye Bright Kit # 1 ($35), or Pop Beauty Eye Glam in "Allure"($14.00).

hhstar2.gif
Next, blend a shimmery cream blush in a rosy hue onto the apples of your cheeks for a dewy effect. This is an important step that will keep the compliments on your complexion coming! Try L'Oréal Touch-On Colour Lips, Eyes, Cheeks in Go Go Gold, $8.75. Vincent Longo makes gorgeous hues for cheeks. Check out Longo Cream Blush in "Urban Rose" ($20.00).

hhstar2.gif
Top it off with a touch of twinkling champagne lip gloss. Some suggestions to try: Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss in Whisper, $6.99, Avon's sheer glosses, Lancome's Juicy Tubes in "Spring Fling" ($15.50), Girlactic Beauty Gloss in "Just Nude" ($12), or Too Faced Couture Lip Gloss Luxe in "Modelizer" ($18.00).

Article written with help from Cosmo.

Great info Cali!

I've been hearing so much about the Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss. I'm going to check these out today.

Originally Posted by Californian Get Gorgeous. This shimmery look is especially sexy in the summer time. Here's how to get it!

697060_sw.jpg
614255_sw.jpg
452961_sw.jpg

Score a Shimmery Makeup Effect

Some of the greatest new makeup -- whether it's foundation, eyeliner or blush -- contains tiny particles that bounce immense amounts of light off your face so that you can dazzle! To get this lustrous look, read ahead:

37408_sw.jpg
37457_sw.jpg
238576_sw.jpg

hhstar2.gif
Start with a light-reflective makeup primer or foundation to create glow. Go for Elizabeth Arden Let There Be Light Radiant Skin Lotion SPF 15, $25, or Helena Rubinstein Illumination Compact Foundation with Vitamin C, $42. Note: A drugstore option is Revlon Skinlights Tinted lotion ($11-$13). Sephora skin illuminator lotion is only $5.50 right now (originally $22)! Don't underestimate tinted lotion or foundation with shimmer! It looks radiant!

hhstar2.gif
Sweep a bronze shadow (like BeneFit The Cowgirls Eye Shadow in Fancy Roper, $18) across your lids, then add a light-catching liner at the lower lash lines for definition and drama. Try Revlon High Dimension Eye Liner in Garnet Flash, $7.50. Apply two coats of black mascara. Other suggestions ... Pixi Eye Bright Kit # 1 ($35), or Pop Beauty Eye Glam in "Allure"($14.00).

hhstar2.gif
Next, blend a shimmery cream blush in a rosy hue onto the apples of your cheeks for a dewy effect. This is an important step that will keep the compliments on your complexion coming! Try L'Oréal Touch-On Colour Lips, Eyes, Cheeks in Go Go Gold, $8.75. Vincent Longo makes gorgeous hues for cheeks. Check out Longo Cream Blush in "Urban Rose" ($20.00).

hhstar2.gif
Top it off with a touch of twinkling champagne lip gloss. Some suggestions to try: Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss in Whisper, $6.99, Avon's sheer glosses, Lancome's Juicy Tubes in "Spring Fling" ($15.50), Girlactic Beauty Gloss in "Just Nude" ($12), or Too Faced Couture Lip Gloss Luxe in "Modelizer" ($18.00).

Article written with help from Cosmo.

I think shimmer works well even in the winter (as well as summer). Actually, for me it works better in winter, because in the summer, with my pores, it makes me look like I'm perspiring. But in the winter, it gives a shimmery glow. Go figure - I'm the odd one out. I'm trying to figure out how to glow this weekend for my hubby's high school reunion! Eek!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea I think shimmer works well even in the winter (as well as summer). Actually, for me it works better in winter, because in the summer, with my pores, it makes me look like I'm perspiring. But in the winter, it gives a shimmery glow. Go figure - I'm the odd one out. I'm trying to figure out how to glow this weekend for my hubby's high school reunion! Eek!
wink.gif
My best recommendation would be for you to check out the tinted moisturizers! They give you a youthful look by moisturizing your skin and the bronzed/shimmery pigments give you a super healthy, natural glow!I hope you have fun at his reunion! It will be interesting for your to meet his friends and to see who he was, so to speak, before you met!

Cheers!

Cali

201banner6.jpg

Originally Posted by kerina Hi Califonian! Ur info is really good. I think shimmer definately works for summer (day or night; work or play) as long as the shimmer particles are real fine. I always like a bit of shimmery item on me (next to pink) Hee... But I just want to inform you gals that althought the Revlon tint really live up to its claims, you'll run the risk of using too much of it if not careful & end up "reflecting light from all angle". Hahaha! A little bit goes a long way for this product. My best buddy mixes it with a oil-free moisturising lotion as a ultra light foundation that won't turn cakey on her (she's got combo/normal skin). Think her mixing proportion is 1:1. Hi Kerina, and thanks!I have found a super inexpensive product that I am trying to encourage others to try for shimmer. It's Wet n' Wild cream highlighter blush. YOu only need a dab, just as you were saying about the Revlon tint, and it gives you this incredible, healthy glow.

I can't find a picture of it so I'll just describe it. It comes in a circular container that is about 2-2.5 inches wide with a twist-off cap. The product is great! Anyone dare try it?

Thanks for your feedback and tip!
smile.gif

015image2.jpg

I've heard rave reviews for Wet 'n' Wild's cream blush highlighter! Have yet to try it, but from what I've heard, it's just as good as any high-end.
smile.gif
I can vouch for the quality and consistency of their Twist-up Blush Sticks, though, which they say are comparable to NARS. "Flirt" is an awesome highlighting shade.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Hi Kerina, and thanks!I have found a super inexpensive product that I am trying to encourage others to try for shimmer. It's Wet n' Wild cream highlighter blush. YOu only need a dab, just as you were saying about the Revlon tint, and it gives you this incredible, healthy glow.

I can't find a picture of it so I'll just describe it. It comes in a circular container that is about 2-2.5 inches wide with a twist-off cap. The product is great! Anyone dare try it?

Thanks for your feedback and tip!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back