Shiro Cosmetics general thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an order from the 17th that still hasn't shipped, so a month may be correct.

Can someone post swatches of the Seven Kingdoms collection if you have it, please? I think I NEED it very bad. And in full sizes for the artwork. If only I had $100 to spare... I'm GoT obssessed!

And could you recommend the contouring powders? I don't know which shade(s) I should choose and how to use it(them) exactly. I'm Sherlock obssessed too :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can swatch them in a little bit. I can only do small swatches on my hand since I have a tattoo sleeve, but I am more than happy to do it for you.

@@Paulina PS I gave swatches but I am currently on mobile and dont know how to upload photos from mobile but I will be happy to post when I get home.

Not to enable but they are oretty amaxing. I bough tthe baggies for myself but could defintely see getting minis or full sizes of a lot of the colors!

My favs are Climbing Chaos, Mother of Dragons and Hodor to name a few! But all are beautiful!

Here's the swatches for The Seven Kingdoms collection. Sorry for the bad swatches. I normally don't do them for others lol Also in the pictures it totally looks like I have man hands :(

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

Indoor/Outdoor

Left to right: Queensquard, Valar Morghulis (I totally spilled this after swatching lol), Hodor, I loved a Maid, Womens Weapons, and Gift Of Mercy,

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

Indoor/Outdoor

Left to right: Master of Whispers, Climbing Chaos, Mothers of Dragons, Little Bird, Here I stand, Salt and Stone (This has a gorgeous red sheen that didnt pick up in the pictures)

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

Indoor/ Almost outdoor lol

Left to right: Maiden Queen, You Know Nothing, and No Men Like Me

I love Game of Thrones, that is why I bought the whole collection, but I hate browns and this collection is mostly neutrals and it is boring. I also forgot to swatch Red Wedding. Sorry!

And could you recommend the contouring powders? I don't know which shade(s) I should choose and how to use it(them) exactly. I'm Sherlock obssessed too :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you have cool undertones the contour powders they currently have won't really work for you. I have the set, and the only one that looked remotely close to working was Three Patch Problem. I have pale cool toned skin and that one looked pretty good. She's working on a cooler toned set, so maybe if you also have cool undertones, it might be best to wait for that.

But they travel to *October* 2015, so it's not quite the right time for it!
You're right. I sent her a letter begging her to bring it back.

ALSO LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM THAT DAVID BOWIE TOLD ME TO NEVER INVOKE HIS NAME IN ANGER AGAIN AND THEN HE SANG 'YOUNG AMERICANS" EXCEPT HE SANG "DUMB AMERICANS" AND SO PUBLICLY: FORGIVE ME, DAVID, I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO

You're right. I sent her a letter begging her to bring it back.

ALSO LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM THAT DAVID BOWIE TOLD ME TO NEVER INVOKE HIS NAME IN ANGER AGAIN AND THEN HE SANG 'YOUNG AMERICANS" EXCEPT HE SANG "DUMB AMERICANS" AND SO PUBLICLY: FORGIVE ME, DAVID, I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO
Well, if Dream!Bowie gives you an order, you *must* obey.  And wish him a happy birthday tomorrow.  He's going to be 68.

Maybe they'll D something evangelion related? That series also takes place in 2015 and is a cult classic at this point
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Someone needs to nominate Neon Genesis Evangelion for a CotM (or for Shiro to make a new collection... it can replace the Death Note collection). However, it wouldn't surprise me if Geek Chic Cosmetics already has an Evangelion CotM planned...

@@MIKAGlam thank you very much! It's so much easier to make my choices now, I know I'm not going to get the whole full-size collection but there are some shades I need. Probably I'll get the rest as baggies but you're right - not enough variety, even for somebody who likes neutrals, like me.

@@Kelly Silva thanks for the tip, I definately have cool undertones so I'm going to wait for a new set.

@@Paulina PS I gave swatches but I am currently on mobile and dont know how to upload photos from mobile but I will be happy to post when I get home.

Not to enable but they are oretty amaxing. I bough tthe baggies for myself but could defintely see getting minis or full sizes of a lot of the colors!

My favs are Climbing Chaos, Mother of Dragons and Hodor to name a few! But all are beautiful!
Thanks for the opinion! After seeing swatches by @@MIKAGlam I'll probably get a few full sizes and the rest as baggies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Paulina PS sorry for the terrible swatches, I'm only used to searching quickly at stores or when I get new pretties to test. My favorites are I loved A Maid, Hodor, Morher Of Dragons, Maiden queen, climbing chaos and Master of Whispers. The others are pretty much meh for me. The Red Wedding Lipgloss is very pretty too!

@@Paulina PS sorry for the terrible swatches, I'm only used to searching quickly at stores or when I get new pretties to test. My favorites are I loved A Maid, Hodor, Morher Of Dragons, Maiden queen, climbing chaos and Master of Whispers. The others are pretty much meh for me. The Red Wedding Lipgloss is very pretty too!
They're really good swatches, I appreciate you took them both inside and outside, thank you! 

It really makes it so much easier to decide which ones I want. I like Mother of Dragons and Climbing Chaos the most I think. Master of Whispers and You Know Nothing look good to me too. But I'll need to stare some more to decide ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The lipgloss looks nice on the site but I'm not into very red shades...

From Shiro FB:

Shiro Cosmetics
3 mins · 

Two new cool-toned contouring powders are now available in our Cheekbones section: Burn the Heart Out of You and Do Your Research! http://shirocosmetics.com/products/face/cheekbones/

Femme Fatale is fully restocked, and we've expanded the catalog with 8 new colors: http://shirocosmetics.com/products/brands/femme-fatale/ - We're planning on putting in a restock request tomorrow, so if these sell out too quickly, we should have more pretty fast!

And, here's Victorian Disco! http://shirocosmetics.com/products/brands/victorian-disco/

Please email me at [email protected] if you have an undelivered order with Victorian Disco or have requested a refund from them that hasn't yet been processed! I'm happy to personally handle any unresolved issues as we begin managing distribution for this brand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Shiro ever do any sales, coupon codes, anything like that? I need so many things from them but I'm waiting to pull the trigger...

Does Shiro ever do any sales, coupon codes, anything like that? I need so many things from them but I'm waiting to pull the trigger...
Not really. Even the Black Friday sale they waiting to announce until day of, was only 10% off.

The pattern has been that Shiro only has 2 sales per year - the anniversary sale (in late April, last year it was 15% off) and Black Friday.

Latest posts

Back