Should Voting Be Removed From D2B Challenges? You decide!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted No. I may not have the time to participate in D2B's but I like voting and looking at who did their best and captured the theme the greatest.

Originally Posted by juizihunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree! I think the winners should stay out for the round that they pick the theme. But on that round, (if they want) they can be the inspirational face. That way, they can be involve in the round. Maybe this will work???
nixweiss.gif
- that sounds like a great idea to me.

I don't really think that getting rid of voting will change participation either. As I've said before, I join in based on whether or not I have the materials I'd need, if I have time and if I think I can do the theme.

I think everyone likes the challenge of DTB, but on the other hand...

I think in some senses we have to be careful this doesnt become one big popularity contest, if that hasn't happened already. Maybe voting would eliminate that, but it'd take the fun out of the whole idea.

i vote for keeping the voting
laughing.gif

the voting is what makes it fun

i like the idea of working to achieve something and have fellow muters say "omg wow you did great" sometimes a compliment or vote is enough to brighten up your day

I also agree that DTB is a challenge and voting should remain. I'm glad you did this though. As I mentioned before, for those that were unhappy about it, a democratic solution was in order.

i love the dtb's just like they are! i love the creativity that all of my mut sisters display. i get to see the progress each member makes. it'a amazing to see a possible mua hone her skills here. i love everything i see from each and every member at whatever her/his skill level. don't change it in any way! it's what keeps me trying to improve myself and i love that!

I say keep the voting in...and I dont think anyone should have to opt out of the voting just because they won etc...if they take the time to participate,do the makeup,they should be able to be voted on.

you guys might hate me for this, but i feel kinda strogly about it:

i voted not to change a thing. It would be stupid to eliminate it, it's a challenge its something that should be fun. and like Rachaelmarie said, i like being able to give people kudos for hard, creative work, half the time i dont even vote for myself when im in them lol. I was telling Liezl (LaChinita) when i won the pussycat dolls dtb...i was so happy, that people thought i did a good enough job to rival her, because her entires are always stellar. Thats what its about for me, challenging myself to be as good as the best on here, not challenging myself to beat others. The votes for me mean im doing something right, other peoples high votes mean i should take a look at what theyre doing.

Manders, you were the scapegoat and now the voting is youre right. People you NEED to be able to deal with it and what Kelly said in the "brianstorming" thread(i think)...seriously...if you dont enter, and you don't plan on it, have your say, and be quiet. There are alot of us who invest alot of time on these.

I enjoy them, users have always had the option to opt out...WHAT more can you ask for, WHY should the users (the majority) who enjoy voting have to suffer because 8 people, who probably dont and wont participate, think so. I know i will enter either way, but i would have more fun if it was kept as a contest

i hope i havent offended anyone, i didnt meant to do that or to make anyone feel singled out.And im not saying that anyone's opinion isnt important, all im saying is its not the rule.

Yes, and it has nothing to do with manders decision and it being about a popularity contest.

On specktra they have their challenge area with no voting. All threads are kept open and they have many different subjects.

No time constraint, you get to pick whatever you wanna do... which is cool because on here some of themes are boo-boo or I don't have the materials for them and then I have to wait another 2 weeks until the next theme is picked and I still might not wanna do or have the time to do it.

I'm not saying voting is bad and I get its a competition but at the same time, I feel bad for folks who get 0 votes - that's discouraging on them. If I ever had 0 votes I'd get butt hurt cause no one thought my entry was good enough and so on...

Like I said to a few mods, I think voting should be left to deciding on the next theme perhaps?

Anyways, its a challange yeah - you challenge yourself but eliminate competition and people won't trip over a title.

I mean seriously, its just a title - not prize money or something. If it where that, then hell yeah keep voting in
biggrin.gif

On my mobile btw, so I can't vote for yes.

I think voting should stay....no back to back winners seems fair....not that I participate hardly ever......but when I did and I got a vote or two.....it made me feel good!!!

and I agree with Celly I feel bad for those who get 0 votes ......I must admit that on occasion I had voted for the underdog.........NOT b/c I didn't want the same person to win again......it strictly b/c I know how good it felt to get even one vote.....so I want to pass that good feeling on
smile.gif

it wouldn't be the same without votes!!

Wow, well then the people who get 0 votes, aren't even voting for themselves, so I guess they feel someone else is doing a better job then they are. Enough to be classy enough to vote for them. If they're not even going to vote for themselves, why should we feel bad? We're all mature girls here... i think we can all agree on that.

I truly think people will lose interest without the voting... I know for me, I don't post any d2b's now, and I wouldn't if voting was eliminated. It is sad that Manders was a scapegoat... I think LaChinita was too. They have awesome makeup skills, and I think everyone is a little intiminated by that. I know I personally never looked at the contest as a popularity contest. There were a lot of times I voted for Manders two or three times in a row... then i might have voted for someone else two or three times in a row. It wasn't which member I liked the best or who was my friend. It was all about who had the best makeup to me. If it was Manders three times in a row, too bad... she deserves it.

I voted no simply because this is a challenge. Making something beautiful on your face and earning the most votes is "the challenge", am I correct?

That's sad if anyone is getting their feelings hurt because of it and I hope it all works out, D2B looks like a lot of fun.

i think we should keep the voting in the D2B challanges because it is a major part of what distinguishes the D2B challanges from the FOTD

Originally Posted by juizihunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree! I think the winners should stay out for the round that they pick the theme. But on that round, (if they want) they can be the inspirational face. That way, they can be involve in the round. Maybe this will work???
nixweiss.gif

I think this sounds fabulous! Great idea
smile.gif

I voted No. I think we should be able to vote. However, some people may feel discouraged from entering the contest or even voting if the same people keep winning (granted I don't blame them for winning b/c their amazing work speaks for itself).

So maybe a revision in the rules is what needs to be looked at. Maybe you can revise it so that a person cannot win back-to-back. For ex. if they win this week, they win. But if next week they win again, instead of winning the challenge, the person with the next highest votes would win instead to prevent a back to back win. I don't know if that makes sense or helps.

Latest posts

Back