Should Voting Be Removed From D2B Challenges? You decide!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted no, because it does distinguish the FOTD's and DTB's a bit more than just having a theme, it also makes people try harder! In addition, I am in NO WAY trying to be critical of ANYONE who voted yes, so please, please PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have any other good way to say this, but the way the poll is going now, there are far more people who think it should stay than think it should go away, which is not to say one side is *more* right than another, just that apparently, some of those who have been critical of the voting, and other things, seem to just be critical for the sake of it, because it doesn't seem like they have comeon here to vote for what they feel strongly about, which means, getting rid of voting probably wouldn't do what it would be intended for, which is to make *those* people happy. I doubt some of them even know this poll exists. No offense to any of you who did vote yes! I know you do care about what happens here!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by juizihunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree! I think the winners should stay out for the round that they pick the theme. But on that round, (if they want) they can be the inspirational face. That way, they can be involve in the round. Maybe this will work???
nixweiss.gif
This won't always works, though, because the when winner of the previous DTB picks out the theme for another DTB, it's not always the very next DTB. So that won't solve the problem of back to back winners if that's what we are trying to prevent.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif No. The elimination of voting will not increase participation. It is a CHALLENGE, if we get rid of voting DTB's will essentially become elaborate FOTDS. I have been a scapegoat for lack of participation, now it's voting that is the blame....seriously this is lame. I TOTALLY agree. Even if Manders and voting spontaneously COMBUSTED, there would STILL be something wrong with DTB's lol j/k
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I enter because is a challenge and even when I get only 6 votes I'm happy because for 6 people mine was the best. I don't care if I don't win, I enjoy seeing other people's creations and if they did something awesome, why shouldn't they win? I agree with Sheikah, even though I didn't win, it felt good that I got a few votes. It was like "Hey, those compliments you got, weren't empty, I decided to use my only vote on YOU"
smile.gif
Feels nice
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinkbundles /img/forum/go_quote.gif I voted No. I think we should be able to vote. However, some people may feel discouraged from entering the contest or even voting if the same people keep winning (granted I don't blame them for winning b/c their amazing work speaks for itself).
So maybe a revision in the rules is what needs to be looked at. Maybe you can revise it so that a person cannot win back-to-back. For ex. if they win this week, they win. But if next week they win again, instead of winning the challenge, the person with the next highest votes would win instead to prevent a back to back win. I don't know if that makes sense or helps.

Pinkbundles, it makes perfect sense
smile.gif
Actually, it makes no difference to me if we have back to back winners or not, but we are to have a rule about it, this is the simplest way to do it. If the person who won the previous week also has the highest number of votes the next week, then just pick the runner up for winner and the next highest voted entry after them for runner up. That way no one has to sit out any DTB's (what a shame to have to sit out your own them-picked DTB you are all excited for if you waited so long to do it! Even if you get to do an inspiration pic, I bet it's not the same!), and the previous winner still has the chance to be part of the healthy competition, who knows, they could end up being the runner-up the second time around!

Originally Posted by juizihunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree! I think the winners should stay out for the round that they pick the theme. But on that round, (if they want) they can be the inspirational face. That way, they can be involve in the round. Maybe this will work???
nixweiss.gif
I like this idea. I didnt vote since it doesnt really fit w/either choice.

This is a real difficult decision. But in the end I chose No

I truly believe that competition brings out the best in what we can do. You want to be the best. so you want to do the best you can to win.

But def. something should be done about back to back winners, to allow others I guess a better chance, or so there is not so much drama.

And I too like looking at everybodys work and who captured the theme best!

Originally Posted by FutureReference /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like this idea. I didnt vote since it doesnt really fit w/either choice. I'm sorry! I guess I didn't do a good job at keeping the poll clear. lol. By "Please keep the challenges as is" I meant please keep the voting. lol.
The mods will discuss the issue of back-to-back winners and any other issues brought up in this poll once the poll has finished.
smile.gif

ETA: I fixed the poll now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry! I guess I didn't do a good job at keeping the poll clear. lol. By "Please keep the challenges as is" I meant please keep the voting. lol.
The mods will discuss the issue of back-to-back winners and any other issues brought up in this poll once the poll has finished.
smile.gif

ETA: I fixed the poll now.
smile.gif

hehe no problem SXG =).
K, I voted!

I love seeing all the faces, Im new here so I havent gotten the guts to try yet. My makeup collection is also pretty limited atm, so a lot of items Id need/want, I just dont have.

Also some of the stuff I may never use again and I just cant see spending money for a one time deal =/.

Id also love to see some how to's from the winners but I know how to's arent something everyone enjoys doing but I see some entries and Im like "HOW did they do *that*, so cool!"

No, don't remove voting, it's good to know how good your skills are and there is no losers, everybody have chance to learn and improve. To get critic is well good thing to look at your mistakes, analyze and etc.

if people have concerns with the voting part maybe we should make it discreet instead of displaying how many people get how many votes? I mean voting is essential for someone to win the challenge BUT you dont have to display by how many votes someone wins. That would be the best way to please both crowds dont U think? Keep the voting but make it private so this way more people would participate in the challenges not scared of how many votes they may or may not get...this way u just have a winner and thats it.

Originally Posted by MissPersia /img/forum/go_quote.gif if people have concerns with the voting part maybe we should make it discreet instead of displaying how many people get how many votes? I mean voting is essential for someone to win the challenge BUT you dont have to display by how many votes someone wins. That would be the best way to please both crowds dont U think? Keep the voting but make it private so this way more people would participate in the challenges not scared of how many votes they may or may not get...this way u just have a winner and thats it. I think this is a great idea - keeping the votes private. Not only does it give suspense as to who is winning, but also it prevents people from voting based on how others have voted (it may sound lame, but it probably happens).

Originally Posted by pinkbundles /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think this is a great idea - keeping the votes private. Not only does it give suspense as to who is winning, but also it prevents people from voting based on how others have voted (it may sound lame, but it probably happens). I really like that idea!

i really like this too!!! So people vote without bias! and then you can display the top three or soemthing like that!!!

i love it misspersia!

what do you think mods??

I second the motion of private voting results!!!! I know once or twice I have voted for someone just because they have 0 votes..no one wants to have 0 votes. So..i love the idea!!!

I third the motion lol!! I've never gotten 0 votes, and if I get a few as I said before, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't want to lose knowing that someone voted for me, but it's the best way to fix this and "please" everybody. It'll give much more suspense to the competition for sure.

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i really like this too!!! So people vote without bias! and then you can display the top three or soemthing like that!!!
i love it misspersia!

what do you think mods??

I'm going to wait until this poll closes and then bring up all of the suggestions listed here to the mods.
smile.gif

Hi,

I voted yes to stop the voting because to me it really takes away from what DTBs are really all about. Which is fun. The challenges should be fun for us MUT girls not a winning thing. Of course others are going to have an advantage over some because of their experience meaning they have the better chance at winning.

Voting made it seem like 'whos the best at this' and vice versa, but the key thing we're missing girls is that we are all learning of makeup and should enjoy each others talent. I know my participation in the DTBs is not to win, but just to try something different. Couldn't we all do the same?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I second the motion of private voting results!!!! I know once or twice I have voted for someone just because they have 0 votes..no one wants to have 0 votes. So..i love the idea!!! I third the motion!!! LOL!!

I said no, the whole point of a challenge is a competition. If there was not voting it might as well be a face of the day with a theme. JMHO.

Just to let you all know, unless Tony knows something I don't, there is no way to make the polls private. I went to make a test poll, and it's not even an option.

Latest posts

Back