Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mackattack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just had my consultation... I understand this is something that sets them apart from other subs, but it was very inconvenient

for me... I have a toddler, and I was running back and forth trying to answer the questions asked. I wasn't able to give much input due to my toddler, but she told me she would be sending me an HD powder, a few mineral eye shadows and a few eyeliners in trendy colors... That all are natural based. So we shall see!

I find it very inconvenient too, especially since they didn't show up/sent the wrong link for my first one, so I just sat there for 15 minutes trying to contact them. I don't see myself staying past the free box because of it. 

I was able to reschedule my apt for tonight at 7pm est. I find it a little inconvenient that you can't do 'in between' times. I have pilates tonight until 7 so I'm going to have to cut it a little short to make sure I'm home BY 7, otherwise I would have had to wait like a week for a new time. I wish I could have picked like 7:10 or something.

I just had my consultation. Funny that I was going on and on how excited I was to try more make-up. But my skin is just so icky lately that I asked for products to help reduce redness. 

She said she would look into a primer to alleviate redness and then a good foundation to help even out my skin tone.

And I told her that I've never worn liquid or gel eyeliner and she is sending me a brown liquid or gel sample to try out. 

I also told her that I still have problems with black heads, and how I started using dermalogica microfoliant which seems to be working well, but that I get breakouts from my skin getting rid of all the impurities. So she is going to look for a different type of product that will work better and help speed up the products. And she is going to check all samples they may send out against the ingredients of microfoliant I already have so that I get something new and maybe better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im really impressed. It was short and sweet. It helped that I already had a list of my concerns and general idea of what I wanted to convey written out. I didn't even get halfway through my list! 

I missed my scheduled time slot too and this is what happened:

Consultation. Is it possible to receive more makeup products than skin/hair products? I have many beauty subscriptions and I'm more interested in cosmetics as most of the others send a lot of skin care products.
Ami has joined the chat.
Ami: Hi. I'm sorry I don't have you listed on my consult schedule
Ami: what is your last name and what was your consult time?
Jill: I didn't receive a follow up email so I went back to my original email and saw that it was for 2:30. Last name is . There has been a lot of talk of confusion on the whole consultation thing on MakeupTalk.com
Ami: Ok, well no worries. We can do your consult now, I just want to make sure and address all technical difficulties around timing/scheduling as they come my way!
Jill: No problem, it was me. Some girls love the idea and some are a bit shy. (and/or just don't want to - that would be me . . . that's an afteredit on my part, lol, I didn't want to make her feel bad that I didn't want to have to have a big discussion before being able to get my subscription, but it was actually quite nice.  Hope we don't have to do it every month, though, because it could be quite bothersome to make an appointment every month, should've thought to ask her that.  Oops! - end edit)
Ami: So, from your initial question..we do offer more than just skin/hair care
Ami: we are also looking into nail care and possibly perfumes
Ami: anything you'd specifically like to see?
Jill: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a great skin product, but just not all skin products.
Ami: Totally understand
Ami: let's start here--what's your age, skin tone/type
Ami: just to have that on file going forward
Jill: I also like nail polishes or top coats, nail strips (ala Incoco or Sally Hansen type), not so much hair care as my hair is very long and already well taken care of.
Jill: 36, 140 in MakeupForever foundation, probably a medium/light medium sand color and combination skin that can be a bit oily.
Ami: Ok, great info
Ami: so more breakthrough, new trends pertaining to nail care interests you?
Ami: And, are there any specific makeup/beauty concerns that you do have?
Jill: Yes. I bought 40 boxes of the Sally Hansen strips for a mani/pedi party for friends, so I'd say I'm interested, lol.
Jill: I am concerned with aging, although I seem to be aging gracefully thank goodness and am interested in new beauty trends as far as shadows, liners, and mascaras go. I'm pretty adventurous.
Ami: wow! 40 boxes..what a great idea though! =)
Ami: Ok, so that's great about your adventurous side with makeup
Ami: and anti-aging..
Ami: we will get some samples to you that address all these needs/interests
Ami: and as far as your skin goes..is it sensitive, prone to break outs, etc?
Jill: There's a bit of a trick to putting them on, so I hope to help others see how great they work. 2 weeks of done nails with lots of typing and no problems or chips. Thanks for your help, looking forward to getting the samples and being a part of the launch.
Jill: Not sensitive, I do breakout some, not too much.
Ami: I love and use them myself so I'm right there with you
Ami: The colors I want are always gone that's my only issues!
Jill: Ebay
Jill: So you have my c.c. info and after this we'll be all set, correct? Do I get to see what I'll get ahead of time or is it more of a surprise thing like Birchbox?
Ami: Good tip! =)
Ami: Ok, well thank you for your initial information. I have enough for your first sample kit. Is there anything else you'd like to add before we finish up?
Jill: No, I think I'm all good. Cosmetics, nails, some skin care, not so much hair care, I don't mind lifestyle extras, I know some people don't like those so much. I'm a pretty open person and am looking forward to trying new things.
Ami: Fantastic..you know what you want, which is great!
Jill: When does the first box ship?
Ami: I'll put your first pack together soon and you should be expecting that within a few weeks. If you have any questions until then feel free to email me  at [email protected]
Jill: Perfect
Jill: Thanks so much for your help, Ami. I'll let the girls on MakeupTalk know that it was easy and painless, lol
Ami: Perfect! Thank you so much =)
Ami: Have a wonderful rest of your week!
Jill: Have a great leap day! Bye.

So that wasn't too bad.  I wish I would've gotten an answer on whether I'd know what I'd get ahead of time, but I was done with the chatting and ready to go.  Maybe one of my subscriptions will actually be a surprise after all! ha ha 
Hope this helps someone, I know I was curious about what it'd be like before I had my consult.

Just had my video chat with Ami! It took like 3 minutes and I am excited for the products! She said she would see if she had any mineral foundations that would fit my skin tone since she could see me. I thought that was a pretty cool thing that no other subscriptions do!

LOL, Poor Ami must have been busy last hour, I spoke to her as well and she was kind and pleasant. Lovely to talk to. It's completely painless, no worries fellow glamorous ones! 
heart.gif

i thought there was an actual place to click "cancel" on their site?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if they will give everyone a refund, I sent them an email about how they wasted my time when my original consultation didn't happen even though I logged in. 

i have mine in 5 minutes and it is very inconvenient and annoying as i have 3 kids under 6!

Originally Posted by mackattack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just had my consultation... I understand this is something that sets them apart from other subs, but it was very inconvenient
for me... I have a toddler, and I was running back and forth trying to answer the questions asked. I wasn't able to give much input due to my toddler, but she told me she would be sending me an HD powder, a few mineral eye shadows and a few eyeliners in trendy colors... That all are natural based. So we shall see!

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i thought there was an actual place to click "cancel" on their site?

There is, but I don't think it gives you a refund. When you log in go to "my subscriptions" then click edit, there you'll have the option to cancel, prolong, or suspend your subscription. Presumably it works, but I emailed them and his response said he canceled my subscription and refunded me.

As far as customer service goes, 2 business days later the refund has hit my card. 

Okay so I had my consult with Ami. It was quick and easy! I basically told her my skin doesn't really have a lot of problems just a bit oily. My hair is healthy but I'm trying to grow it long as possible. And I was interested in makeup, and new brands I haven't tried before. And nail polish I'm REALLY curious about these boxes. It seems like, whatever u ask for they'll send. So I'm wondering if th end up being sample packets mostly or what. I'm just very curious..... It wouldn't make sense to have to consult every month. They should have a short questionnaire, to see if ur hair skin or makeup preferences changed...maybe one month I want some haircare? The next I want makeup again... This has the chance to be one of the best services. To be able to choose what u get and tell them ur beauty issues, and even suspend ur acct? I was definitely just getting my penny box to try it out, but I could seriously consider keeping it!

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay so I had my consult with Ami. It was quick and easy! I basically told her my skin doesn't really have a lot of problems just a bit oily. My hair is healthy but I'm trying to grow it long as possible. And I was interested in makeup, and new brands I haven't tried before. And nail polish

I'm REALLY curious about these boxes. It seems like, whatever u ask for they'll send. So I'm wondering if th end up being sample packets mostly or what. I'm just very curious.....

It wouldn't make sense to have to consult every month. They should have a short questionnaire, to see if ur hair skin or makeup preferences changed...maybe one month I want some haircare? The next I want makeup again...

This has the chance to be one of the best services. To be able to choose what u get and tell them ur beauty issues, and even suspend ur acct? I was definitely just getting my penny box to try it out, but I could seriously consider keeping it!

Since we don't actually know what they are going to send, I have a feeling its not going to be as awesome as we all think it will. :

Lol true...it kinda confuses me that they have Mac and Nars products for sale in their shop

yeah they have a really broad range of products. I think there were over 3000 skincare products alone! So who knows. I wonder how many of the products they actually have as samples. Or if they actually only have maybe 50 samples a month they will pick from...

Well the reason mac surprises me is because I don't know of anyone else besides Mac who sells it...plus they don't have sample sizes unless they are the ones giving it out (mascara)

I had my consult today at 3:30 EST with Ami. Other than my kitten sitting on my head for part of it, it was really easy.

You have to remember to set your local time when making your appt.

My link for the live session in the confirmation wasn't working, so I just copied the link to my browser, and no problems.

Ami was very professional and personable. I told her I loved color (Cool tones only, please.  No orange lippies!) , and my main skin concerns were firmness and the eye area.  I have my nails done, so no manicure stuff.  She was very busy taking notes, and then re-capped my session before ending.

My only beef is that I signed up before seeing the coupon, so I paid the full $12.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I can't wait to get my box!

Well the reason mac surprises me is because I don't know of anyone else besides Mac who sells it...plus they don't have sample sizes unless they are the ones giving it out (mascara)

I'd also be very shocked to see MAC samples in any of my sub boxes. In all my many years of buying MAC, the only packaged samples I ever got were fragrance, and I don't think they even make those any more.  They usually will make a sample for you if you ask, but MAC isn't generous about having factory made samples for their customers, that's for sure.  They also need no publicity. I never say never, but I can't believe MAC would partner with ANY sub, especially a brand new one with no track record yet. JMO.

I seriously must be mental because I rescheduled my appointment for tonight at 7pm because I thought I'd be done with pilates.. I forgot that Wednesday I don't get out until 7:30. I ended up having my consult. on my phone during my workout. Ami probably thinks I'm the rudest person because my answers were so short :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> She did say she would send me a primer and some body scrubs and look into some makeup products for me. I'm extremely excited about this!

This happened to me (I had selected the right time zone, but either unselected it, or the system just didn't register it) and they had me cancel my order and sign up again, it was pretty painless and they responded quickly.

Originally Posted by un3xpectedfate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sigh, I missed my consultation because of the time zone difference. I just sent them an e-mail. I hope I can get it re-scheduled.

Did anyone else who already had a consultation get an email today saying that your account is now active? 

Back