Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The email was full of a lot of bells and whistles but not much new. Wasn't a video consult already an option? And rewards? You can set up points and junk all you want without canceling your entire subscriber base. You can put silver glitter all over Hamburger Helper and it's still just Hamburger Helper.

Hahaha, the Hamburger Helper comparison made me laugh.  I only got one free month with Sindulge and it was before all of the major issues seemed to happen.  I did get pretty much everything that I said I didn't want, but it was free and I did get my box from them, so I don't have the major complaints that everybody else does.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The email was full of a lot of bells and whistles but not much new. Wasn't a video consult already an option? And rewards? You can set up points and junk all you want without canceling your entire subscriber base. You can put silver glitter all over Hamburger Helper and it's still just Hamburger Helper.

I thought it was funny how they sent out the email, with mistakes and a crazy referral policy.  First of all, this is what came up in my preview part of the email in Gmail -

Use this area to offer a short teaser of your email's content. Text here will show in the preview area of some email clients.

And then the referral part?  Get two people to sign up and you get $5 in credit.  How generous! *sarcastic*

5 people = $15 credit

If you manage to get 20 people to sign up for this unproven startup, you get $100 credit. 

This is also only available to the first 100 referrers.

I, myself, couldn't in good conscience refer people to this company based on their track record.  I'd feel bad for the poor people who might then have to deal with the inconsistencies, double billing, outright lying about things being sent, having to hound the company to get what you ordered, telling them what you absolutely don't want and receiving a bag full of those items, the list goes on and on.

I'll keep my eye on them but I'm not very hopeful.  They must have taken a big hit financially sending out two penny boxes to lots of people.  It's like a train wreck, I don't want to look but I can't help myself.

I just sat here and read this whole thread from beginning to end. Highly entertaining.
icon_eek.gif

I feel so left out , I don't have any Youngblood Primer !!

I totally would have been one of the ones to join for one penny.

Do you think this company is getting a good bit of their samples from overstock from stores like Target ? My daughter works at Target, and if things don't sell at 50 % clearance, they ship them out to sell to liquidators. Doesn't Target sell the Pixie brand ?

We have a liquidation store here, and the makeup in the bin is always covered in that dust like you said your boxes were....it's dust from spilled or cracked face powder container, shadows, etc.

I don't doubt they have some product from indi companies, but I bet the majority was overstock.

Sindulge went under a month or two ago. They had an interesting concept in the consultation thing, but after a while people were getting the feeling that they were shilling for Youngblood, or trolled Norstrom stores on free sample Saturdays; or bought salvaged lots of poor or badly packaged Pixi makeup from stores that were closing or discontinuing the product. I would not have minded the consult thing so much myself, if I felt at all as if they reps were listening to me. For instance, I made it very plain during the consults that I have a fair Caucasian complexion, and my married name they have on record happens to be East Indian. I was consistently receiving products far too dark for my skin tone, as if someone was looking at the invoice and assuming I'm South Asian. There were instances like this, and the fact that sometimes we would receive two or three primers per monthly shipment. In the end it was too much a pain in the behind to be worth the money.

Latest posts

Back