Single and Childfree

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am really glad to have made the informed decision to remain single and childfree.

It means I have freedom and spare cash, which I wouldn't have otherwise, say, if was married with 3 kids - even the thought makes me break out in cold sweat!

My long-term boyfriend is happy with this and he appreciates his freedom just as much as I do. We live in nearby cities which means I get to live in my own house and see him as often as I like. We both work and enjoy our careers and this arrangements works great! We are not like the couples that live in each other's pockets. I think it is important to have your space when you need it and that is not always possible when you inhabit the same house with someone. If I wish to turn the TV on loud or start hoovering at 4am, I can go ahead and do that without having to answer to anyone ( living in a detached house also helps).

I'd love to hear form others who are single and/or childfree and perhaps we could share tips on fun things to do that do not require a husband and a bunch of kids  B)

Let's share our fabulous single and childfree lifestyle stories here!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :drive:   

P.S No offence to the married with kids. One size does not fit all !

I'm almost 30 and still single. Although my parents is sometimes worrying about it, I quite enjoy my life now. I have some good friends and a good career to spend my life of. Somehow I'm still hope to meet my Mr. Right one day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

33, single and childless. Every time I go to Target I'm so glad the only thing I have to strap into my backseat is a case of vitamin water. I'd go crazy if I had to deal with someone pointing to every single thing on the shelf and describe it to me. Look, mom. It's Elsa from Frozen. Look, there's Olaf. Did you see, mom? Frozen. Frozen. Frozen.

I'm still on the fence about kids. Part of me wants to have some (2 max) and another part of me sees kids while I'm out and never wants to deal with that.

I am really glad to have made the informed decision to remain single and childfree.

It means I have freedom and spare cash, which I wouldn't have otherwise, say, if was married with 3 kids - even the thought makes me break out in cold sweat!

My long-term boyfriend is happy with this and he appreciates his freedom just as much as I do. We live in nearby cities which means I get to live in my own house and see him as often as I like. We both work and enjoy our careers and this arrangements works great! We are not like the couples that live in each other's pockets. I think it is important to have your space when you need it and that is not always possible when you inhabit the same house with someone. If I wish to turn the TV on loud or start hoovering at 4am, I can go ahead and do that without having to answer to anyone ( living in a detached house also helps).

I'd love to hear form others who are single and/or childfree and perhaps we could share tips on fun things to do that do not require a husband and a bunch of kids  B)

Let's share our fabulous single and childfree lifestyle stories here!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :drive:   

I'm not single but I am child free. I'm always looking to learn new things. I started a metalsmithing class where you make jewelry using a torch and other types of tools. Love it. Then I get to wear my pieces out :)

single and childfree lol well I have a bf but I dont have kids I dont intend to have kids until I'am married no exceptions and I dont wanna settle (I think many women just settle and have kids with any man / anyone for the sake of having kids and getting married ) .Well You can always go shopping and treat yourself to a spa day get your nails done a massage pamper yourself or just buy things for yourself the important thing is to just make time for yourself which I dont think a lot of couples / married people or people with kids tend to do.You can have time for hobbies right now so if your into traveling,painting,or recreational sports you can always do things that interest you.

I tend to look at people who have kids and are in marriages and their relationships are not stable or committed they are not happy, but they sacrificed I guess their own happiness to have a child which is even more sad since the kids will have to grow up seeing a messed up relationship.

A bf I had proposed to me once and I said no so yeah I'am not the type to settle for anything than the best and you shouldnt either because their are always other options out there that may be better suited for you and would benefit you.

Every woman I work with talks about babies and or marriage all day long the entire day from start to finish thats all I hear about like I get it you love kids / your  wedding day  and wanna talk about your kid 24/7 but that gets annoying plus like I said the relationships they have are not picture perfect.I feel like people deflect from their real issues and mask it with children and children wont save your marriage / relationship it will just make things harder if not worse off for ya.If I hear about pregnancy or babies or someone being engaged this week again  :blabla:   :bringiton:

Its not just about babies its about your man too and who you had the baby with and your actual relationship I feel like women forget the big picture because they get baby fever / baby crazy or go into bridezilla mode but marriage is more than a wedding its not just about putting on a show for people its a lifelong commitment.I'am sorry to say this too but not every baby is cute I have seen multiple baby pictures and ugly babies do exist so do cheap wedding dresses.

I also feel like its not as great as people make it out to be (the whole marriage and kids thing).Its financial struggle which no one ever talks about how expensive kids are they always ignore that fact plus you need a real career when you have a child. Its relationship struggle  too since its no longer about the two of you anymore its about your child all day everyday your relationship has changed its no longer about you.Chances are you will both have to work and put the kid in daycare unless you marry a sugar daddy and you become a stay at home housewife lol.The struggle is real just watch teen mom 2  and you will have to work two jobs to pay for the kid you and your man sounds stressful / like a nightmare and unhappy :huh:  lol.

Dont get me wrong I want to have kids and get married but I just think people need to have their sh%t together first .

Last edited:
I met my ex husband when I was 23. We got married almost 2 years later. When we first got married, we talked about having children. But, that never happened. Which is a good thing because his abuse and drinking became out of control. So, we got divorced in 2012. No regrets about not having children nor divorcing him.

I've been with the company I'm at now for a decade and they have locations in America as well as Europe. So, I have the chance to grow at my job and potentially move to a different country. I've already worked in other states with my job. I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I do like children. I used to help my former best friend watch all his nieces and nephews, we always had a good time. But, I knew from a very early age that marriage and children just weren't for me. Being in my marriage was like suffocating. To the point that I couldn't take it and when we finally decided to divorce, no tears were shed on my end.

I mean, it's a personal choice for everyone. Those who enjoy being married and having a family and can hold it down get my respect. As for me, I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm living how I always knew I wanted to.

Girls I am 34, I broke up with my partner 3 years ago after cheating and it was very painful to me, at the moment I am also not sure that I want something serious from men like marriage and family, I have my make up studio, I have money, I care about myself, I cannot say that I like children so much for me to desire to be a mum. Sure it is all about your individuality and your story of the life, only you decide how to act in your life with your own vision.

Has someone of you thought about that glass of water which should be passed on to you by your kids when you are old?

Last edited:
Back