Sizes at GAP

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the longest time GAP has had the most standard sized pants for me. I've been able to walk in, pick up a pair, take it home, and it fits perfectly. This morning I tried on a new pair of my usual size, and I was swimming!!! They were absolutely huge! I was so upset. I knew that the fashion industry regularly does wacky things to women's sizes, but I thought I could depend on GAP to stay consistant. Maybe some women feel better about wearing a smaller numbered piece of clothing, but I think it's absurd. I'm not anorexic, and I'm certainly not losing enough weight to go down a clothing size. I am so totally not a size 6, and it took me a while to get used to being a size 8 because for the longest time I was a 9/10. Just had to rant.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Maybe it was a different style of jeans than you usually buy and it was supposed to be baggy, or maybe you just lost some weight. When was the last time you bought a pair from Gap? I don't think I've lost weight because all of my old clothes in size 8 and 10 still fit. And I seriously had inches of extra fabric around my waist, insane!! Last pair of GAP pants... hmmm... I think I bought them after Christmas. I just can't believe that they changed their sizes and didn't notify me!

I've tried on brands where I wear one size in one style, and another size in another, even though they're the same brand. Also, did you only try one pair of pants on at Gap? Because it's possible that that one pair was mismarked or something -- one time I tried on a pair of pants where the sticker on the outside said size 3, but the tag on the inside said size 9! And I wondered why they didn't fit....
wink.gif
(And sometimes they put the wrong tag on the inside too!)

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh yeah, that's happened before where I used to work. I agree with girl_geek (what's your name by the way
icon_redface.gif
, I feel bad calling you by your sn all the time) that if you only tried one pair on, this could be what happened. My name is Jennifer, but there's so many Jennifers and Jens on this board it may be less confusing to call me girl_geek
wink.gif

Lol! that's so funny about the wrong tags. I don't think that has ever happened to me. I actually didn't try any pants on, because their size 8 has fit me consistantly for the past few years. I have about a dozen pairs of size 8 from GAP, and this newest pair very much says 6 on the inside, so if they messed up they REALLY messed up.

Originally Posted by girl_geek I've tried on brands where I wear one size in one style, and another size in another, even though they're the same brand. Also, did you only try one pair of pants on at Gap? Because it's possible that that one pair was mismarked or something -- one time I tried on a pair of pants where the sticker on the outside said size 3, but the tag on the inside said size 9! And I wondered why they didn't fit....
wink.gif
(And sometimes they put the wrong tag on the inside too!)

that sucks. at least you can say you're a size 6! lol!

i always have to try things on before i buy my stuff. i never know how they'll fit
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl For the longest time GAP has had the most standard sized pants for me. I've been able to walk in, pick up a pair, take it home, and it fits perfectly. This morning I tried on a new pair of my usual size, and I was swimming!!! They were absolutely huge! I was so upset. I knew that the fashion industry regularly does wacky things to women's sizes, but I thought I could depend on GAP to stay consistant. Maybe some women feel better about wearing a smaller numbered piece of clothing, but I think it's absurd. I'm not anorexic, and I'm certainly not losing enough weight to go down a clothing size. I am so totally not a size 6, and it took me a while to get used to being a size 8 because for the longest time I was a 9/10. Just had to rant. I hate shopping for clothes lately... pants especially. Seems the more expensive brands make things that are more 'true' to size.... cheaper things, you usually can't get a true fitting. You can have 2 identical pairs of pants, and one will fit fine, and the other won't. It's all in the way they're made, and unfortunately, they are getting worse & worse. Hopefully Gap goes back to their normal sizing and fit!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by haileysheets What is funny is that I had an similar situation happen to me at GAP recently. I am a huge fan of the Low Rise Flare jeans and normally fit into a 13 Ankle. Last weekend I went into the store and--surprise!--they were on sale for 19.99. I decided to get them in 2 colors since they were on sale (dark blue and tan). The 13 Ankle in dark blue fit perfectly, but the 13 Ankle in tan was HUGE! I was swimming in them too. How strange... Wow! that is strange. Did you return the tan pair? Was it just that one tan piar or were all the tan piars too big?

Latest posts

Back