Skincare, Antioxidants,oils etc

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes,I admit it..Not only am I computer challenged but I'm not really skincare savvy either.. I'm having some skin care custom tweaked for my picky skin..The lotion I'm getting normally contains A,B,C,E and CoQ-10..I can also have extras added like..Greentea(would this be over kill w/ the other vitamins)Chamomile,Glycerine and Aloe.Was thinking of having it made with grapeseed oil as I can't use Jojoba and having Green tea,Chamomile and Aloe added..Anythoughts?

Originally Posted by allisong Yes,I admit it..Not only am I computer challenged but I'm not really skincare savvy either.. I'm having some skin care custom tweaked for my picky skin..The lotion I'm getting normally contains A,B,C,E and CoQ-10..I can also have extras added like..Greentea(would this be over kill w/ the other vitamins)Chamomile,Glycerine and Aloe.Was thinking of having it made with grapeseed oil as I can't use Jojoba and having Green tea,Chamomile and Aloe added..Anythoughts? I am NOT qualified to answer this question! My only concern would be putting too much of a good thing in the mix. I hope someone can answer your question better than I. Sorry!
calvin.gif

Originally Posted by betterat40 Allison,Vitamin C is very unstable. To mix with all these others...I would ask your formulator how they intend to maintain the stability of the C in the face of these other ingredients. The oil alone in the E will cause the C to be less effective. Also, A can be very irritating - combined with C- you could definitely show some irritation (if the concentrations are being added to the degree where the ingredient is effective). Even though we are all wanting that one "does it all" face cream....it's probably just not possible. If you do just one good thing for your skin every day...just my opinion...use sunscreen! LOL

Hi..Very helpful info..I've since decided that I'll be omitting the Vit.C and maybe ask for the tiniest hint of A..I know I'll never find that magic bullet but hopefully this will be close enough
wink.gif
Now my next quest is an eye cream..Always wanting more..LOL

Originally Posted by betterat40 Allison,Vitamin C is very unstable. To mix with all these others...I would ask your formulator how they intend to maintain the stability of the C in the face of these other ingredients. The oil alone in the E will cause the C to be less effective. Also, A can be very irritating - combined with C- you could definitely show some irritation (if the concentrations are being added to the degree where the ingredient is effective). Even though we are all wanting that one "does it all" face cream....it's probably just not possible. If you do just one good thing for your skin every day...just my opinion...use sunscreen! LOL

Cheers for Betterat40!!
newmouseeats.gif
Thanks for answering this post! You're awseome!

Latest posts

Back