Small haul...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
with the help of our beautiful, intelligent elise (KMEFH), i purchased these KA products
wink.gif

kevyn aucoin's sensual skin enhancer in SX 05, and expert lip tints in caramellina and tatjanaberry. so far, i've received only the lip tints and unfortunately, i couldn't pull the colors off even though i was SO excited and swore they'd work!

like deceptive, freckletone, etc., caramellina, which is described as caramel on KA.com, came out ORANGE on my lips. i don't know why this happens! i tried putting benefit's lip plump on my lips to lighten my pigmented lips (like trisha's recommended), but still got the same thing. tatjanaberry was pretty, but i'm just into nudes and this is a greyish pink, but didn't look it on my stupid lips. i feel like if i wear color, i look so blah and much older. i just can't pull it off. i sent those both back to beauty.com, a little relieved because i've spent so much money this past week!

the lip tints, though, is the best thing i have EVER put on my lips. i'm not even exaggerating when i say this, but the second i LIGHTLY touched my lips with it, the color was there, and vivid. you need very little to cover your lips, so i could imagine this $22 baby lasting a long time. i wish i could've pulled the colors off
frown.gif

i've also bought trish mcevoy's mini planner in black because i've also bought that fendi bag i was eyeing like crazy (finally
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) and the planner could fit in there and if you buy a new bag, you need a new makeup bag, right?
wink.gif
i still haven't received those, either, yet.

anyway, pointless thread since i've only gotten 2 things outta the 4 i've listed (and 1 wasn't even makeup), but just thought i'd give a little review about the lip tints and recommend them! i'll let you all know how the SSE works out for me, too.

Wow! that's great Jen! I relaly want to try out the sse. but there is no neimans near me. Sorry the lip tints didn't work out though. at least you didn't spend as much money! don't worry i return things all of the time. if it doesn't work out for me, i want my money back instead of wasting an item.

glad that you got your purse too! you need a new planner so your makeup doesn't get all over your new purse
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz Wow! that's great Jen! I relaly want to try out the sse. but there is no neimans near me. Sorry the lip tints didn't work out though. at least you didn't spend as much money! don't worry i return things all of the time. if it doesn't work out for me, i want my money back instead of wasting an item.
glad that you got your purse too! you need a new planner so your makeup doesn't get all over your new purse
biggrin.gif

hahaha, that's true!
biggrin.gif

about the SSE, i ordered mine off of neimanmarcus.com. there are only 3 places in NY that sell it and i'm too lazy to go to NYC to get it. elise helped me pick my shade and i e-mailed NM and asked them if i could exchange it if it wasn't my shade and they said it was fine. there's a list trisha posted up with SSE's colors and MAC's next to it, so it might help
smile.gif
maybe you saw it, but here you go, anyway, in case you haven't...

SX1 -- Lighter than PPP, lighter than MAC NC15, neutral undertones

SX2 -- PPP with rosy undertones, MAC NW15

SX3 -- PPP with yellow undertones, MAC NC15

SX4 -- LLL, strong yellow undertones, MAC C2

SX5 -- LLL, neutral with slight yellow undertones, MAC NC20/NW20

SX6 -- LLL/FFF, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC25/30

SX7 -- FFF, neutral but with more yellow undertones, MAC C3

SX8 -- MMM, strong yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35/C4 (*note: C4 is lighter than NC35 but more yellow)

SX9 -- MMM, rosy undertones, MAC NW35/40

SX10 -- MMM, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35

SX11 -- GGG, yellow undertones, MAC NC40/43

SX12 -- GGG/DDD, yellow undertones, MAC NC43/45

SX13 -- neutral undertones, MAC NC50, N4 (C6 could work too, but might not be yellow enough)

SX14 -- strong red undertones, MAC NW50

SX15 -- rosy brown undertones, what W7 would look like, think C7 depth but with pink undertones.

SX16 -- golden brown undertones, MAC C8-N9.

Originally Posted by Trisha Liz if you are interested in it, i'd be NC40-43 in MAC fndt and I mix SX10 & 11 to get a perfect match, duno if that helps you x yes it does. thanks! my coloring changes since i tan and exfoliate/forget to tan.
chantecaille shea is a bit light for me
frown.gif
i have to go over it with my nc400 hyper real just a tiny bit.

Let us know how the SSE works for you. Thats next on my list of things to get, well after BB Apricot Shimmerbrick!

Nice haul Jennifer.

It will great to hear how you get on with the SSE.

i got everything (except the bag, which i want the most
icon_twisted.gif
) and i looooove it so far.

SX5 is THE PERFECT match!!!!!!!! i never knew i'd have such a close match. THANK YOU, ELISE!!!!

i was gonna put it on for work today, but i wanna do it when i come home so i can experiment and see what kinda application is better for me.

i also got my planner. it's bigger than i thought! i think i would've been more happy with the petite, so i'll probably sell this. first, i wanna see the petite (tomorrow) and i'll see. it's so cute, though, and keeps everything organized.

keep you updated with SSE
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i loooooooooove SSE. my face looks AIRBRUSHED and that's never happened before with anything else (not even dior's airflash). i don't know about the lasting power because i only had it on for 15 minutes just to try it.

i heard you should only use a very small amount and then mix with moisturizer. i did that on the back of my hand, but it only covered half of my face and i needed to use more. am i doing something wrong?

oh, and has anyone heard of a faux trish mcevoy planner? mine's different from the one at bloomingdales i saw today. is it possible there are non-authentic ones?

Originally Posted by Jennifer i loooooooooove SSE. my face looks AIRBRUSHED and that's never happened before with anything else (not even dior's airflash). i don't know about the lasting power because i only had it on for 15 minutes just to try it.
i heard you should only use a very small amount and then mix with moisturizer. i did that on the back of my hand, but it only covered half of my face and i needed to use more. am i doing something wrong?

oh, and has anyone heard of a faux trish mcevoy planner? mine's different from the one at bloomingdales i saw today. is it possible there are non-authentic ones?

Hi Jennifer,If you are able to, could you post a before and after pic with the SSE on? I'm really interested in buying this, and I'm curious about the final look.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i loooooooooove SSE. my face looks AIRBRUSHED and that's never happened before with anything else (not even dior's airflash). i don't know about the lasting power because i only had it on for 15 minutes just to try it.

POST PICS!!! i wanna see what it looks like on ya
smile.gif

there is a possibility of fake planners. look at all the fake stuff on ebay or flea markets. where did you get yours? i haven't really looked into the planners that much, but i have seen different ones.

Nice haul Jen!! The SSE sounds nice!
smile.gif

I have the Trish McEvoy mini black planner... it has "Trish McEvoy" kind of embossed into the top.. does yours say her name on it? Mine has one snap pouch right behind where the name is... then the zippered 'page', and then the detachable brush pouches. (which has a snap covered front - to cover the brushes) The inside lining has "Trish McEvoy" written all over it.... I didn't know they'd have immitation ones? Maybe you have one that was out during a certain collection? I've seen them offered with products during certain specials... and some are a little different looking...
wink.gif

I love mine... I just wish I could find a spare page - to keep more goodies!
wink.gif

I have seen planners by "Studio Basics" which you can buy in Ulta, Kmart, Walmart, Target, etc. They are pretty similar. I want to try their mini pages, but they are always sold out!!!
icon_frown.gif

okay, i wore it to work, 6 hours and it was friday night, which means it was busy, and my foundation didn't budge. i did put palladio's loose powder over it, but even with stila's ILF, it wore off. it's a keeper
smile.gif
i tried to figure out how to put it on again, but no luck. i need tips
frown.gif

yep, i'll get you before and after pics most likely tomorrow!

trisha, i bought mine off ebay. i'm gonna e-mail the seller right now and ask when it was bought. i went to the bloomies counter and told the lady "my friend" had a different one and she said trish's come out with lots of different ones, but i don't know.

janelle, thanks for describing yours! mine does have trish mcevoy embossed on the top. mine has a velcro pouch on the back. mine DOES NOT have the detachable brush pouch, nor a snap thing to cover the brushes. mine has trish written all over inside, only on the brush pouch. what do ya think?
icon_sad.gif

thanks, gwen
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer okay, i wore it to work, 6 hours and it was friday night, which means it was busy, and my foundation didn't budge. i did put palladio's loose powder over it, but even with stila's ILF, it wore off. it's a keeper
smile.gif
i tried to figure out how to put it on again, but no luck. i need tips
frown.gif

yep, i'll get you before and after pics most likely tomorrow!

trisha, i bought mine off ebay. i'm gonna e-mail the seller right now and ask when it was bought. i went to the bloomies counter and told the lady "my friend" had a different one and she said trish's come out with lots of different ones, but i don't know.

janelle, thanks for describing yours! mine does have trish mcevoy embossed on the top. mine has a velcro pouch on the back. mine DOES NOT have the detachable brush pouch, nor a snap thing to cover the brushes. mine has trish written all over inside, only on the brush pouch. what do ya think?
icon_sad.gif

thanks, gwen
smile.gif

Well, the inside pouch, and the page are both mesh... so there's no writing on that (except on the bottom left of the page "Trish McEvoy" is stitched on) but where there is fabric - you can see the writing... under/on the brush pouch, inside the lip where the main zipper is... etc.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, the inside pouch, and the page are both mesh... so there's no writing on that (except on the bottom left of the page "Trish McEvoy" is stitched on) but where there is fabric - you can see the writing... under/on the brush pouch, inside the lip where the main zipper is... etc.
icon_wink.gif
yeah, that's how it is on mine. the zippers aren't pointy, either, but rectangular.
here are pics...

Originally Posted by Jennifer yeah, that's how it is on mine. the zippers aren't pointy, either, but rectangular.
here are pics...

Mine looks like that too... Your brush pouch isn't velcro'ed on ??

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Mine looks like that too... Your brush pouch isn't velcro'ed on ?? nope! you have the rectangular zippers, right? you bought yours off ebay, too, right? i think i remember when you bought it. i tried to see if i could go to TM's website and e-mail an MA, but there's no site yet. it says coming soon. i e-mailed the seller, so i'm gonna see what he/she says.
thanks
smile.gif

actually... my zippers are kinda pointy.... (just took it out) I'll take pics, but yeah - I got mine on ebay too
icon_neutral.gif

Latest posts

Back