Small MAC haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I had to return Soom Lash. I idnd't like it obvisouly.

I got:

-Engraved eye pencil

-Stubborn brown powerpoint eye pencil

-Beaded e/s.

I also got YSL Touche eclat. But I'm gonna return it. There was a lady there today who is their MUA and she put it on me. I wanted to try it since everyone raves about it. When I was driving home, I looked in my rearview mirror... It freakin creased in my wrinkles and looked horrible! Since it made my undereye lighter, the crease was obviously darker. Yeah, you can smooth it out, but who wants to do that? Eventually it would just rub away since I would have to blend it all the time. So if a MUA applied it and it didn't work, it's not gonna work when I do it.

I've officially given up on concealers! I did before this one, but I'm for sure now!

Nice stuff Liz! Sorry bout the YSL -
icon_confused.gif
Although I have both Engraved & Stubborn Brown liners (my only 2 powerpoints so far) and I absolutely LOVE them!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I had to return Soom Lash. I idnd't like it obvisouly.
I got:

-Engraved eye pencil

-Stubborn brown powerpoint eye pencil

-Beaded e/s.

I also got YSL Touche eclat. But I'm gonna return it. There was a lady there today who is their MUA and she put it on me. I wanted to try it since everyone raves about it. When I was driving home, I looked in my rearview mirror... It freakin creased in my wrinkles and looked horrible! Since it made my undereye lighter, the crease was obviously darker. Yeah, you can smooth it out, but who wants to do that? Eventually it would just rub away since I would have to blend it all the time. So if a MUA applied it and it didn't work, it's not gonna work when I do it.

I've officially given up on concealers! I did before this one, but I'm for sure now!

great haul. i haven't bought any power points as of yet. especially since i wear my maybelline liner on my lower inner rims i might check them out sooner or later.

Nice haul Liz!

Whats your take on the powerpoint pencils? Better staying power than fluidlines?

Originally Posted by Marisol Nice haul Liz!
Whats your take on the powerpoint pencils? Better staying power than fluidlines?

I think they are pretty darn close... mine stay on all day long. No budging! I just can't sit there for 10 min. an eye to get a straight line w/ the fluidlines... I'm used to *and much better* with a pencil - so I love these... Honestly I haven't used my fluidlines since I got them.. I'm going to have to use them soon for something - dont want them to go to waste either... but I like the pencils better for me - right now I have the black & brown... now i want MORE!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I think they are pretty darn close... mine stay on all day long. No budging! I just can't sit there for 10 min. an eye to get a straight line w/ the fluidlines... I'm used to *and much better* with a pencil - so I love these... Honestly I haven't used my fluidlines since I got them.. I'm going to have to use them soon for something - dont want them to go to waste either... but I like the pencils better for me - right now I have the black & brown... now i want MORE!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am not a pencil person at all. I love fluidlines... if you ever want to sell yours, let me know!

Originally Posted by Marisol I am not a pencil person at all. I love fluidlines... if you ever want to sell yours, let me know! i use a combo of liquid and pencil.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I think they are pretty darn close... mine stay on all day long. No budging! I just can't sit there for 10 min. an eye to get a straight line w/ the fluidlines... I'm used to *and much better* with a pencil - so I love these... Honestly I haven't used my fluidlines since I got them.. I'm going to have to use them soon for something - dont want them to go to waste either... but I like the pencils better for me - right now I have the black & brown... now i want MORE!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
if you smudge out the line a bit it doesn't need to be perfect anyway. that's what i have been doing lately. smudging out my fluidline line a bit i really like how it looks

i usually use dark shadows as my liners, and I returned my fluidlines. i needed something to line my lower inner rims. the MUA said that the powerpoints were the best ones for that, better than the fluidlines since the fluidlines aren't waterproof or something. my eyes water a little so when i do the shadow, it disappears like 5 seconds later!

i've never used pencils before
icon_eek.gif
and i really like lining with the angled brush. but i need the staying power of the powerpoint. I gotta get used to it and practice!

i tried the minted pencil i bought... lol. i did the right eye ok, the left one was a whole different story!
icon_lol.gif
. it was probably because i was using a handheld mirror, so i couldn't get it right

I line my lower inner rims with the fluidlines and haven't had an issue at all.

Nice haul Lizzy!! God your stash must be so big now coz you've new hauls every few days!

lol. yeah, it's getting big. i'm going to get another traincase for my piggies, lip stuff, and blush stuff. i'll keep my face stuff and eyeshadows in my original one. hehe. i just have to calm it down now. i'm gonna wait till the new mac collections come out. i'll probably just get the eye shadows from those.

liz girl too bad you don't live near me lol we could haul together lol i'm spending another mondo amount (probably monday i hate the weekend mall crowds i like to go when the kiddies are all in school and most "normal" people are at work)

I like the Engraved pencils. They work well. I had YSL Touche eclat before but the brush went bad and it didn't last on my combo/oily skin too long. I've heard great things about Bobbi Brown concealers. Have you tried Bobbi Brown concealers? I haven't tried them myself but I've heard huge raves.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 liz girl too bad you don't live near me lol we could haul together lol i'm spending another mondo amount (probably monday i hate the weekend mall crowds i like to go when the kiddies are all in school and most "normal" people are at work) lol. i hate the weekend people also. yeah, i like shopping buddies. but i end up doing more damage when i'm with them!
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I like the Engraved pencils. They work well. I had YSL Touche eclat before but the brush went bad and it didn't last on my combo/oily skin too long. I've heard great things about Bobbi Brown concealers. Have you tried Bobbi Brown concealers? I haven't tried them myself but I've heard huge raves. i bought the BB compact to go, but i didn't use it and ended up selling it on ebay. it's not that the stuff doesn't cover up dark circles, it's just that ALL concealers crease in my under eye wrinkles
icon_cry.gif
. if the YSL MUA applied it right and used all their products, and it still creased, then it's not gonna work when I do it! lol. it creased like 30 mins after she did it too. so i've officially given up on concealers. oh well.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 lol. i hate the weekend people also. yeah, i like shopping buddies. but i end up doing more damage when i'm with them!
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif
My friends hate shopping with me because they always ask me "should I get this (fill in the blank?" and I usually say yes. I am no good at talking them out of buying something, unless it is truly horrific.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 lol. i hate the weekend people also. yeah, i like shopping buddies. but i end up doing more damage when i'm with them!
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif
lol i buy more when i am with someone too. i spend more time at the store when i usually know what i want i have a list i rattle it off pay and leave all usually within 20 mins lol

Latest posts

Back