Smashbox Spring 05 Backstage Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Smashbox Cosmetics Spring '05 Backstage Beauty Report

</B></FONT>

Makeup looks by Frank B., The Wall Group, and the Smashbox Artistry Team

All products available on Smashbox.com

BAT'S DAUGHTER: she's a lady

in a season of understated beauty and minimal color, it was refreshing to see a touch of glamour in the form of bold brows, gorgeous crimson lips and perfectly radiant, luminous skin at Bat's Daughter. hair was backcombed and twisted into deconstructed pompadours. the collection itself offered pretty, whimsical spring dresses with a 1940's garden party theme, dressing well just got easier.

bats.jpg

Buy the Look:

Face: SMASHING SUNRISE HIGHLIGHTER applied to brow bones, inside corner of eye and cheekbones. on cheeks, SMASHING BEACHWOOD BLUSH.

Eyes: SMASHING HEAD SHOT EYESHADOW TRIO (butter and bronze shades); line lids with SMASHING CAVIER CREAM EYE LINER and inside rim of eye with SMASHING WHITE EYE PENCIL; MASCARA in SMASHING DARK BROWN. on brows, SMASHING BRUNETTE BROW TECH.

Lips: SMASHING VISION LIP PENCIL with SMASHING FLAME LIPSTICK topped with LIT GEL

CUSTO BARCELONA: the ingenue

as sweet as they come, the Custo girl flushes with a youthful innocence; dewy skin, pink cheeks; lots of pale highlights around the eyes and pink gloss on the lips making them fruity and kissable. the hair is pulled back in a sleek, schoolgirl ponytail, it's all about quality and shine.

custo.jpg

Get the Look:

Face: to get a dewy glow mix STUDIO SEAMLESS LIQUID FOUNDATION with ARTIFICIAL LIGHT LUMINIZING LOTION in SMASHING DIFFUSE.

Cheeks: HIGHLIGHTER in SMASHING FRENCH KISS.

Eyes: to open eye use EYE PENCIL in SMASHING WHITE on inner rim.

Lips: SMASHING TINT LIP GEL

DA NANG: little miss mix-it-all

what do you get if you mix eighties hair with new romantic makeup, throw in some hawaiian holiday circa 1970, a touch of victorian lace, cherry blossom, gypsy skirts, sloppy jackets…alright I'll stop? at Da Nang, restraint was definitely not de rigueur. with such an eclectic mix on the body, makeup artists went for a pretty, silvery lavender shade on the eye, and the hottest lip shade of the season, pink.

danang.jpg

Buy the Look:

Face: SMASHING CANDID BLUSH

Eyes: apply SMASHING PIN UP EYE SHADOW DUO (darker shade) first, top with SMASHING SNOW SHADOW EYE SHADOW DUO (lighter shade). Line top lids with SMASHING CAVIAR CREAM EYE LINER

Lips: a mix of SMASHING CANDID and SMASHING SASSY LIP GLOSS.

HEIKE JARICK: the urban warrior

in a season of natural looks, HEIKE JARICK opted for something a little edgier with a shimmery, bronze eye shadow and extended eye line, slightly smudged. cheeks and lips were flushed with a soft berry pink. the hair was a mixture of tiny braids and macramé, or backcombed for a modern take on the mohawk.

heike.jpg

Get the Look:

Face: SMASHING STYLIST BLUSH

Eyes: SMASHING SENSORY EYESHADOW mixed with SMASHING WATT SPECIAL EFFECTS. Line eyes with SMASHING CAVIER CREAM EYE LINER Lips: SMASHING IMAGE LIP GLOSS

KARANINA: Boho Beach Girl

Karanina's collection was a little bit Chloe, a little bit beach girl, with lots of seventies references that flowed into the hair and makeup. Shades were very wearable with a bronze smoky eye and a natural lip, while the skin stayed fresh and healthy. Hair was soft and believable.

karanina.jpg

Buy the Look:

Face: DEVELOP COMPACT BRONZER

Eyes: SMASHING EXPOSE TRANSPARENCY with MIDNIGHT BROWN CREAM EYE LINER smudged around eye, EYE PENCIL in SMASHING BLACK on inner rim;

Lips: SMASHING NUDE LIPSTICK

RAMI KASHOU: the new romantic

the Rami Kashou girl has a nineteenth century porcelain face and her cheeks flush with the slightest color. dreamy eyes are defined with a classic black line across the top lid and a stroke of bright color underneath, giving it a modern edge. victorian influences can be seen throughout the collection and that theme was extended into the hair, which is a modern day Gibson.

rami.jpg

Buy the Look:

face: STUDIO SEAMLESS LIQUID FOUNDATION finished with SILK LOOSE POWDER. contour BLUSH in SMASHING EMOTION. eyes: line top lid with SMASHING CAVIER CREAM EYE LINER and line under eye with TRANSPARENCIES in SMASHING EXPLOIT. lips: LIPSTICK in SMASHING FLAME.

SINGLE: International Jet Setter

from Miami Beach to St. Tropez, this girl is permanently on vacation. she spends her days sipping cocktails atop a gigantic yacht, tousled hair textured from the salt air, her smoky eyes and glossy lips polished to perfection. Her must-have shades? Bronze, nude and soft coral lips. Glamorous with lots of shine.

single.jpg

Get the Look:

Face: DEVELOP COMPACT BRONZER with SMASHING SUNRISE HIGHLIGHTER

Eyes: SMASHING CAVIAR CREAM EYE LINER to line top and bottom, with SMASHING WATT SPECIAL EFFECTS as shadow.

Lips: A mixture of SMASHING HUE & TINT GELS

Awesome Post Diane! I love Smashbox makeup... not that I own much, but what I've tried, I loved! I'm really liking the "Boho Beach Girl" looks. Reminds me of pam Andersen's signature smoky eye looks... love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=722 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left rowSpan=3><!-- End Shopping Tote --></TD><TD bgColor=#333333 rowSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD rowSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD bgColor=#333333 rowSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD align=left colSpan=4>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#333333 colSpan=5>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4><!-- content here --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=557 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Diane <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=722 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left rowSpan=3><!-- End Shopping Tote --></TD><TD bgColor=#333333 rowSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD rowSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD bgColor=#333333 rowSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD align=left colSpan=4>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#333333 colSpan=5>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4><!-- content here --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=557 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> I've heard about this - (and seen it online) supposed to be really good from what I've been hearing!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Diane Smashbox Cosmetics Spring '05 Backstage Beauty Report

</B></FONT>

BAT'S DAUGHTER: she's a lady

in a season of understated beauty and minimal color, it was refreshing to see a touch of glamour in the form of bold brows, gorgeous crimson lips and perfectly radiant, luminous skin at Bat's Daughter. hair was backcombed and twisted into deconstructed pompadours. the collection itself offered pretty, whimsical spring dresses with a 1940's garden party theme, dressing well just got easier.

bats.jpg

Buy the Look:

Face: SMASHING SUNRISE HIGHLIGHTER applied to brow bones, inside corner of eye and cheekbones. on cheeks, SMASHING BEACHWOOD BLUSH.

Eyes: SMASHING HEAD SHOT EYESHADOW TRIO (butter and bronze shades); line lids with SMASHING CAVIER CREAM EYE LINER and inside rim of eye with SMASHING WHITE EYE PENCIL; MASCARA in SMASHING DARK BROWN. on brows, SMASHING BRUNETTE BROW TECH.

Lips: SMASHING VISION LIP PENCIL with SMASHING FLAME LIPSTICK topped with LIT GEL

KARANINA: Boho Beach Girl

Karanina's collection was a little bit Chloe, a little bit beach girl, with lots of seventies references that flowed into the hair and makeup. Shades were very wearable with a bronze smoky eye and a natural lip, while the skin stayed fresh and healthy. Hair was soft and believable.

karanina.jpg

Buy the Look:

Face: DEVELOP COMPACT BRONZER

Eyes: SMASHING EXPOSE TRANSPARENCY with MIDNIGHT BROWN CREAM EYE LINER smudged around eye, EYE PENCIL in SMASHING BLACK on inner rim;

Lips: SMASHING NUDE LIPSTICK

These are my two faves. Has anyone here tried the Smashing Flame lipstick and Lit gel? I love those simple, classic looks.

I love Smashbox makeup too!
wink.gif
I like The Boho Beach because it's not too loud. ya know? I have some of their products; Seamless Foundation, Primer, powder, blush, Cream eyeliner palette, some eye shadows and brushes. I love everything every thing accept the foundation because it seems to be more for dry skin.

I've seen the iprim at Sephora, tried it, love it and I want it! LOL
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Awesome Post Diane! I love Smashbox makeup... not that I own much, but what I've tried, I loved! I'm really liking the "Boho Beach Girl" looks. Reminds me of pam Andersen's signature smoky eye looks... love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love Smashbox & think they're sorely underrated. I don't have much, but what little I do have, is prized. Thanks for posting!
smile.gif

Back