Smileycentral!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?! IT'S SO ANNOYING! it's not in the add/remover programs and i deleted it, but it's not fully gone!

I was warning people about that before. It is VERY hard to get rid of!! In fact, you'll never know if it is removed fully!! (unless you format your harddrive)

But let me try to find that info again..

First make sure you uninstalled any of the following you may have:

# My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)

# My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)

# My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)

# My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)

# Search Assistant - My Way

# Fun Web Products Easy Installer

Originally Posted by destiny I was warning people about that before. It is VERY hard to get rid of!! In fact, you'll never know if it is removed fully!! (unless you format your harddrive)But let me try to find that info again..

please! thank you!

Originally Posted by destiny First make sure you uninstalled any of the following you may have:
# My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)

# My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)

# My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)

# My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)

# Search Assistant - My Way

# Fun Web Products Easy Installer

i deleted AOL messenger (AIM). that's the only thing i have on that list there. i don't get what you mean by the others, though. my way speedbar?

sometimes smileycentral downloads all or some of these other products. my fun web products is one of the things that usually keeps coming back

i see.

now i re-installed AIM and it's STILL there. i need to e-mail smileycentral or something. this is irritating.

thank you!

Originally Posted by destiny ok, now try this:
download adaware, spybot search & destroy, and check your computer. both free programs. I would also try the microsoft beta version

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

wait, i got it! instead of looking for smileycentral in your add/remove programs, you look for my web search or something like that and then reboot and then it's gone!
thank you for your help!
smile.gif

yep, i always use adaware! i'll also download the other ones you mentioned!

thank you so much!

Spybot totally removed it from this computer. Ad-aware would probably do the same thing. Hth, good luck!

I have my options set as to not use or see any toolbars or search assistants - so all i have is the smiley icon on top... and thats it. Can't get rid of my smileys.. .I love them too much! LOL

Latest posts

Back