Quantcast

Smokey eye

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Liz

Reaction score
Can you believe I don't know how to do a smokey eye!? When I think of smokey eye, I think BLACK and that scares me and that I'm gonna look like a panda or that I have a black eye.

Any tips or colors that I can use?

Reaction score
You dont have to use black,you can use a shimmery brown,i love BE queen tiffany for a classy subtle smoky eye.

Reaction score
i start out with a grey color.. i have used darker, like MAC beauty marked, and just add slowly.. not putting too much on the brush.. also using a small shadow brush so the dark doesn't go all over. You dont HAVE to use blacks..

You could start with a medium color and blend it with a darker one too.. i have super light skin, so i look like A) death warmed over, B) got 2 black eyes..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charmaine Trisha does a lot of wonderful smokey eyes! I'm sure she can give you a lot of great tips. all Trisha's looks are great. I wish I had her talent, I swear I would look like a clown with some of the looks she does, and she pulls it off beautifully.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovesboxers all Trisha's looks are great. I wish I had her talent, I swear I would look like a clown with some of the looks she does, and she pulls it off beautifully.
I couldn't have said it better! lol I wish I could pull off some of the stuff she wears! :icon_love But you can also use a charcoal grey... or any other dark color. I like to put it mostly in the outer corner... being that is mainly what you see when your eyes are open - and you don't have to look like you just had a few rounds with Mohammad Ali!

Reaction score
I wish I had Trisha's talent too. I also like Moth Brown for smokey eye look

Originally Posted by lovesboxers all Trisha's looks are great. I wish I had her talent, I swear I would look like a clown with some of the looks she does, and she pulls it off beautifully.

Reaction score
I´ve only done a smokey eye once in my life and it actually looked good. I think anyone can wear a smokey eye, you just gotta find the right color for you.

for me it´s silver on the whole lid and dark grey/black in crease and outer corners. as long as you have a not so dark lid color you won´t end up looking like a panda

Reaction score
Ooh i like your suggestions Arielle, i'm gonna try that out during the week! Liz, don't worry coz you're SO not the only one now to know how to do a smokey eye properly. I'm so afraid of looking like i've a black eye too. I once lined under my lower lashes with MAC Cranberry & i looked like i'd been smacked in both eyes. I've been afraid to try a smokey eye ever since that nightmare look!

Warning to everyone, don't use MAC Cranberry on lower lash line!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura Ooh i like your suggestions Arielle, i'm gonna try that out during the week! Liz, don't worry coz you're SO not the only one now to know how to do a smokey eye properly. I'm so afraid of looking like i've a black eye too. I once lined under my lower lashes with MAC Cranberry & i looked like i'd been smacked in both eyes. I've been afraid to try a smokey eye ever since that nightmare look!
Warning to everyone, don't use MAC Cranberry on lower lash line!

hey isn´t that a lipliner? I have it and use it only on my lips. but I will try to line my lower lashes with it just to see how it looks

Reaction score
No it's an eyeshadow! Maybe they have a lipliner in that name aswell but mine is an eyeshadow! DONT TRY IT ARIELLE!!!

Reaction score
Smokey can look great with loads of colours, other than black - dark, shimmery shades of brown, green, blue, charcoal - depends on your complexion.

I think blending is also really important - so you don't get the panda or punched look.

My fave smokey look (all MAC) is white frost, carbon, black tied and loads of smolder eye kohl.

I also like mulch as the crease/smoky colour.

I say experiment, and see how it goes!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura No it's an eyeshadow! Maybe they have a lipliner in that name aswell but mine is an eyeshadow! DONT TRY IT ARIELLE!!! DON`T TRY THIS AT HOME!

ok I promise I won´t

Reaction score
I'm pretty light-skinned, but I love a good smokey eye. I usually do a grey/black smokey eye - I use a medium grey on the lid and a black on the outer corners. Really pretty!! I also like to use a silver on the lid with a gunmetal color on the outer 1/3 or so of lid. And then of course lots of black eyeliner and macara! I also like a brown or green smokey eye. I think it's more about playing and finding what works for you!

Liz

Reaction score
ok. i'll play around with some looks.

i have print e/s, stila aos in charcoal #10, and silver ring e/s.

and i have some browns to work with for the brown smokey eye.

Reaction score
Good tips everyone! I agree with Laura with Cranberry e/s. It looks like dirt on me. Yuck!

Latest posts