Sore Muscles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I worked out last night and it's been a while since I've done anything and I'm hurting today....I do this everytime after I haven't been working out and I do so much right away that my poor muscles get really sore....once I can get going on a work out routine I'll be fine. I just hate to start working out because it takes a while for my body to get used to it and then it won't be so hard to get up and work out everytime....just getting to that point is a pain
smile.gif
I should just stick with my workouts and not go on and off. Summer will be here soon and I gotta get in shape. I say that every year but it never happens
tongue.gif

Gotta have a reason, or a purpose to stay fit, healthy & flexible that goes beyond a fit of activity. Mine is this: when I was in college, some professional dancers told me it takes about 5 minutes in your 20's to warm up & 5 minutes to cool down your muscles to stay flexible enough to prevent injury when you work out. Add 10 minutes for every decade at the start & end of your routine. After doing this for over 30 years now, I can say they're accurate. And, if nothing else, at almost 50, I don't look it, feel it or present it. My knee injury my last birthday is healed, no aches & pains beyond sitting too long at the computer without shifting position, ditto for driving in traffic or any other long trip. Sometimes a little bit now saves a whole lot down the road. I can work out every other day if I don't feel like putting in the +/- 30 minutes that keeps everything balanced. I've been a workout junkie for years by interest as well as to prevent boredom. Four years ago I found an article in a now-defunct women's workout magazine about Teresa Tapp's rehab/contouring system. I finally invested in it this month. She's pulled together her own incredible research plus all the teachers I have ever used on tape, on paper or on tv. Quite remarkable. Check it out. For me, it's refinement time - one teacher for each area of my life that I'm interested in growing more in understanding & in service to others..not a flighty do-it-all approach anymore.

For sore muscles, if you do not have a heating pad, you can put rice in a sock and heat it up in a microwave for a short time. The rice stays warm and feels good when you put the sock on a sore muscle. Just in case ... lol

Originally Posted by HeadtoToe Nearly forgot,, after excersizing, have a nice full body massage to ease away the build up of lactic acid in the muscles. (This is the toxin that causes the pain) Lesley

Latest posts

Back