South Beach Diet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by naturally Some of us take their ...positions here quite ...hmmm seriously! After all ..when someone asks a question they would like some information on ...we are here to help ..and anyone else that wishes to chime in if they have had experience with ..whichever! So to ask a question ..when You REALLY don't give a rats ass about ..ONLY to GET YOUR SCORE higher ..to witch about it later because you have to pay SHIPPING & TAXES ..well that's LOW! Tells me what kind of person you are (not that I didn't know already). Shows that you're not an honest person ...but that's fine ..because Universal Law ..you'll get yours ...TIMES THREE!
Please DON'T post ..if you truely don't mean anything by it!

I agree with you Kim, we'd be here all day replying if all the posts we responded to were all 'nonsense' posts!
tongue.gif

That's really sad. I think you owe a big "Thank You" for the information that people gathered for you, though (AND for MUT in general for awarding such a handsome prize worth $150!).

We cared enough to share and research information for you; the least you could be is a bit grateful. I'm sorry that we seemingly wasted our time on honest information, when we've got other members here who are truly worth our time and effort. I find it disheartening that this was all a time-waster for you, and honestly, I feel a bit deceived. I hope you'll enjoy the gifts you got, but I also hope you learn honesty, gratefulness, and how to appreciate a blessing. I'm just so glad that we have a majority of members who actually CARE about the boards, and aren't just here to win prizes. We're thankful for the faithful members, those who've been posting all along, not just those who are absent for a few months, and then come back after 3 months just to win a contest! I don't know about everyone else, but if I won a $75 gift card, I'd be extremely grateful, and I'd be sure to see that I behaved deservingly and accordingly. Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Actually I wasn't truly interested in the SBD. I was just making posts to get my rank up for the required 35 for the contest.

pinktronic, i think that is really, truly shitty. i dont even know what to say. do you know the amount of work that tony and reija alone put into this board, not to mention all the time the mods put in? what about your fellow members? your attitude just breaks my heart. everyone here tries so hard to make makeuptalk a pleasant, honest community. that is all.

Not an honest person? If I had said in the beginning "Oh, I am not interested in this I just want to get my score higher" we'd still be having the same conversation.

Oh, and whoever said I was complaining about shipping and taxes?????? Tony thought I was when I was not. I simply said that I didn't want the Fanie cert, not interested in their products, reviewd their website and I said it'd be nice to sell it since I am broke and don't have the money to cover the taxes and s&h. But, hopefully by the time I am billed on my CC I will have the money. I wasn't complaining. And, I got what I wanted from here so I guess I will leave now. If you noticed, I was never really a part of this board or community until the contest? I received an email and was like "I have always wanted to purchase products from sephora". So, I worked my butt off and won. And, you can think I am a witch all you want. Not like I am not considered one eveywhere else. You can think I am a mean person too but you aren't my friends, my boyfriend, or my family. I got what I wanted ... so I guess I won't bother anyone again.

I am grateful for the prize. But, did anyone not notice I was one of those people gone for months and months and popped back on when the contest was going on? I thought people would have had the thought cross their minds already that "she's just here for the contest" or "she's here posting just to get to the 35 required".

Maybe if you changed your attitude, and tried to be a bit nicer and think more positively about life and others, then you'd be a lot more likeable. MUT is all about friendliness - not drama!

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Oh, and whoever said I was complaining about shipping and taxes?????? Tony thought I was when I was not. I simply said that I didn't want the Fanie cert, not interested in their products, reviewd their website and I said it'd be nice to sell it since I am broke and don't have the money to cover the taxes and s&h. But, hopefully by the time I am billed on my CC I will have the money. I wasn't complaining. And, I got what I wanted from here so I guess I will leave now. If you noticed, I was never really a part of this board or community until the contest? I received an email and was like "I have always wanted to purchase products from sephora". So, I worked my butt off and won. And, you can think I am a witch all you want. Not like I am not considered one eveywhere else. You can think I am a mean person too but you aren't my friends, my boyfriend, or my family. I got what I wanted ... so I guess I won't bother anyone again.

Oh, yes - I noticed that right off the bat. You were gone from August until November, so it was obvious. I even posted that a few posts back:

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea I'm just so glad that we have a majority of members who actually CARE about the boards, and aren't just here to win prizes. We're thankful for the faithful members, those who've been posting all along, not just those who are absent for a few months, and then come back after 3 months just to win a contest! It's really too bad that we didn't change the rules for the reviews, because a few others who were in the top runnings for the contest wrote decent (more than 2 line) reviews from a good perspective, not just opinion. Truly, if you acted a little nicer, you'd probably be a lot more respected. You get what you give. I thought you were nice when you used to post a while back - I never thought anything negative until you started posting negativly recently. If all you can see is the "cup half empty," then you're never going to have a "cup half full." Try to see the bright side of life - there are always others who have it worse off than you.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic I am grateful for the prize. But, did anyone not notice I was one of those people gone for months and months and popped back on when the contest was going on? I thought people would have had the thought cross their minds already that "she's just here for the contest" or "she's here posting just to get to the 35 required".

Attitude determines Altitude. Your attitude will get you as far (or not) as you let it. If you try to see things more positively and more selflessly (instead of selfishly), then life will do the same for you, and you'll get further. Bitterness leads nowhere nice. I truly hope that life gets better for you. I feel sorry that it seems so bad right now. But trust me, it does get better.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Not an honest person? If I had said in the beginning "Oh, I am not interested in this I just want to get my score higher" we'd still be having the same conversation.

It gets better? You don't know me or my life and I am not explaining anything to you. Because I don't need your pity. Selfishly living life? Okay, live mine and you'll realize that's far from the truth. And, look at things more positively? Okay, that's why I am in therapy. Geez. But still though ... if I had come on here saying "I am here to win this contest". Then people would be treating me the same god damn way they are treating me now. Honesty gets you no where. The more honest I am with people the more they run away away from me. But, anyway, after these and few others, I am out. I looked to delete my account but I can't seem to find anywhere to. If an admin or mod wants to, go ahead. Ban me or suspend my account or something.

Forget it. This isn't worth the time or effort, especially from us Admin. If you want to live with a "cup half empty," then so be it. Let's stop the drama and get back to our regulary-scheduled drama-free MuT, please.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Be more positive about life? Gee thanks. I didn't know this.

Like I said in the other thread: Okay, you have had a hard life. You don't know my life, either. I've been poor, I've been homeless, I've had serious health problems (like losing 40% of my blood and almost dying & I have a lump in my breast - where does the money come for the fun stuff? Forget these medical bills!!) --- I've had struggles all my life that I won't even go into here. You have no idea how grateful I'd be for a gift card like this! My husband and I are barely making ends meet as it is.

Oh, and honesty DOES get you somewhere. But you're still young, and maybe it has yet to catch up. But it will...oh yes it will. Life is what YOU make it.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic It gets better? You don't know me or my life and I am not explaining anything to you. Because I don't need your pity. Selfishly living life? Okay, live mine and you'll realize that's far from the truth. And, look at things more positively? Okay, that's why I am in therapy. Geez. But still though ... if I had come on here saying "I am here to win this contest". Then people would be treating me the same god damn way they are treating me now. Honesty gets you no where. The more honest I am with people the more they run away away from me. But, anyway, after these and few others, I am out. I looked to delete my account but I can't seem to find anywhere to. If an admin or mod wants to, go ahead. Ban me or suspend my account or something.

Actually I felt my reviews were pretty good. I kept getting irritated when I was looking at FeistyFemmes because they were on sentence reviews (even Tony's reviews are extremely short). I tried to give my opinion on how well the product worked for me and even more so sometimes. And, if a product review isn't just opinion then what is it? Maybe they needed to explain "review" a little better. Because I tried to not just say "I hate this/I love this" etc. I said I did and then tried to explain why and why not. Yes, go ahead and tell me "there's always those who have it worse off than you" but you know what? This is my life. I've just recently come to THAT revelation. And, you can be a good person and pessimistic. Pessimism doesn't equal a bad person. You see things differently than I do. And, I won't change how I see things for anyone but myself. I am in therapy. I know all these things you are telling me. And, I also know that I can be myself and if no one likes me, then that's fine.

Tony OWNS this site. He's a guy. Guy's don't often go into much detail.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic (even Tony's reviews are extremely short).

My aunt is schizophrenic. My dad is bipolar. My grandma is schizophrenic and bipolar. My sister is bipolar. My brother is bipolar. My mom is bipolar. My uncle was shot and killed in a crack house. My other uncle beat a women while another man held her down and raped her. I've been in the hospital with medical problems. I have panic attacks all the fucking time. My schizophrenic aunt went to a drug house with my baby cousin once and had a gun put to her head. And, I absorb everyone elses pain and misery. Because I am too empathetic. So, anywhere else when I can be myself, I am just a witch because I spend most of my time worrying and caring about everyone else. My mom is poor, my dad is poor, my uncle is stealing money from my grandmother. My best-friend of 4 years turned her back on me because I became depressed. But, IM DONE HERE. I have no friends here. I am not makeup obsessed. Nor product obsessed. Or, anything like that. I hardly can rant or rave. I had a hard time with the reviews because all products seem the same to me anymore. Nothing seems different our outstanding. So, it was hard to give a good review of some of them. I've been honest all my life and it only has people turning their backs on me. And, don't give me that fucking bullshit of life is what you make it. Poor people sometimes don't have a choice. Life doesn't give you choices sometimes and so you can not make your life what you want it. Even with a job my mom isn't making much. It's not her choice to be poor.

I like people most when they are honest and open with me - those are who I choose as friends. No matter what they say, what they share, I don't run away. I'm not that kind of friend. I hope you find someone like that - I'm truly sorry if others have hurt you so badly. Everyone deserves to have someone they can be open and honest with. I finally found that friend 2 years ago, and I am ever so thankful, after waiting 24 years for such a true friend! It's probably also cliche, but it is true - but if you like yourself, others will like you. Maybe that's yet to come for you - I know you said you're in therapy, so I'm not judging. I didn't start making real friends until I came out of my shell around 21 or 22, in college. Victoria, I truly wish the best for you.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Actually I felt my reviews were pretty good. I kept getting irritated when I was looking at FeistyFemmes because they were on sentence reviews (even Tony's reviews are extremely short). I tried to give my opinion on how well the product worked for me and even more so sometimes. And, if a product review isn't just opinion then what is it? Maybe they needed to explain "review" a little better. Because I tried to not just say "I hate this/I love this" etc. I said I did and then tried to explain why and why not. Yes, go ahead and tell me "there's always those who have it worse off than you" but you know what? This is my life. I've just recently come to THAT revelation. And, you can be a good person and pessimistic. Pessimism doesn't equal a bad person. You see things differently than I do. And, I won't change how I see things for anyone but myself. I am in therapy. I know all these things you are telling me. And, I also know that I can be myself and if no one likes me, then that's fine.

You and I have more in common than you'd think. I have the same thing with empathy. I've alway absorbed others' pain. You've been through an incredible amount in your short life. Truly reminds me of my own. But you've got so much ahead of you, Victoria. You're in college! That's outstanding! Truly! You've got a chance to rise above it, and make something of yourself! Do it! I really hope you get it! All these horrible life experiences - maybe you'll be able to help someone else along the way. Or maybe someone will help you. I'm really amazed at how much we have in common in this painful way.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic My aunt is schizophrenic. My dad is bipolar. My grandma is schizophrenic and bipolar. My sister is bipolar. My brother is bipolar. My mom is bipolar. My uncle was shot and killed in a crack house. My other uncle beat a women while another man held her down and raped her. I've been in the hospital with medical problems. I have panic attacks all the fucking time. My schizophrenic aunt went to a drug house with my baby cousin once and had a gun put to her head. And, I absorb everyone elses pain and misery. Because I am too empathetic. So, anywhere else when I can be myself, I am just a witch because I spend most of my time worrying and caring about everyone else. My mom is poor, my dad is poor, my uncle is stealing money from my grandmother. My best-friend of 4 years turned her back on me because I became depressed. But, IM DONE HERE. I have no friends here. I am not makeup obsessed. Nor product obsessed. Or, anything like that. I hardly can rant or rave. I had a hard time with the reviews because all products seem the same to me anymore. Nothing seems different our outstanding. So, it was hard to give a good review of some of them. I've been honest all my life and it only has people turning their backs on me. And, don't give me that fucking bullshit of life is what you make it. Poor people sometimes don't have a choice. Life doesn't give you choices sometimes and so you can not make your life what you want it. Even with a job my mom isn't making much. It's not her choice to be poor.

Well, I have also come to terms that I have to deal with and accept me being shy. Which other people can't seem to accept. I don't want to change who I am for other people. My therapist asked me "do you like how you are" and I said "Yes, but I feel like I can't make friends or be myself and that I have to change in order to do so". And, yet continually I am faced with seemingly having to change for others. Being honest has always only gotten people mad and angry with me. And, turning their backs on me. But, anyway, like I asked in my other post and in another post. I want banned or suspended. Because I can't seem to delete my own account.

Latest posts

Back