Spiced Cocoa Recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: smaller" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1/2 </TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD vAlign=top>cup cocoa powder </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1 </TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD vAlign=top>cup sugar </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1/4 </TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD vAlign=top>teaspoon cinnamon </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1 </TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD vAlign=top>pinch ground cloves </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1 </TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD vAlign=top>pinch salt
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 30px" vAlign=top align=right>1. </TD><TD class=recipetext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top>In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients.</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 30px" vAlign=top align=right>2. </TD><TD class=recipetext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top>Mix well.</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 30px" vAlign=top align=right>3. </TD><TD class=recipetext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top>Put in resealable container.</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 30px" vAlign=top align=right>4. </TD><TD class=recipetext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top>To make cocoa, use 1-2 tablespoons mix per cup of hot milk.</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 30px" vAlign=top align=right>5. </TD><TD class=recipetext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top>Serve hot or iced.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A twist on the cocoa recipe. I am going to try this one really soon and I will let you all know how it is. Although I have had cinnamon cocoa before?!? Probably the same thing?

it sounds pretty similar to mexican hot chocolate. i like to make mine with whole cinnamon sticks and cayenne pepper. i also have one of those mexican hot chocolate frothing sticks. the proper name escapes me.

i also like a hot cocoa mix called abuelita. its spiced choc tabs that you just dissolve in milk. very tasty.

Hmm, those choc tabs sound interesting.
biggrin.gif

you can find them in mexican markets or in grocery stores with an ethnic section. i think theyre made by nestle.

The recipe looks good! We'll have to try it!

Ohhh - we have Abuelita chocolate tabs in our Wal*Mart and grocery stores! Something else I'll need to pick up one of these days!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse it sounds pretty similar to mexican hot chocolate. i like to make mine with whole cinnamon sticks and cayenne pepper. i also have one of those mexican hot chocolate frothing sticks. the proper name escapes me.
i also like a hot cocoa mix called abuelita. its spiced choc tabs that you just dissolve in milk. very tasty.

you should give it a try! its so simple. just dont try to eat the tabs straight like i do every time. lol. theyre strong and gritty from the sugar.

Latest posts

Back