Spillage & Losses </3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This morning while I was getting ready, I went to use a brand new MAC pigment and I had this flash in my head like, "Oh, haha, wouldn't it be funny if I dropped it? That would suck." Then I went about my business, finished putting it on then I accidentally tapped my brush case with my elbow and knocked my OPEN MAC pigment into my open drawer. I freaked out a bit then noticed not too much had spilled, thankfully, then sat next to my counter to clean some of it up then went to put the lid on again and somehow my fingers slipped on the lid causing me to drop it again. :plain: It was like slow motion. It landed on my leg, bounced to a box I have on the floor, bounced off of that, and then landed on the tile floor in a heap. Now, my legs is shimmery purple, my floor and rug have a huge pile of pigment on them and I just lost half a container of brand new MAC pigment. At least it's not like I just shredded up a $10 bill to confetti glitter sized pieces and smeared them on myself or anything. :rolleyes: So, what have you guys managed to drop, spill, lose?

The day I bought the China Glaze Capitol Colors Collection, I was running errands before going home to use them....tossed my cellphone onto the seat that had the bag, and it hit just at the lip of the bottle. I didn't notice, and went into another store. Came out to find Stone Cold (which was one of the colors that had me going nuts for the collection) had broken and there was now black/silver nailpolish all inside the bag, all over the other bottles...did I mention I have beige interiors?

Ouch! I've don't that too many times myself that I now have a few plastic totes in the back of my SUV for groceries and stuff. 1) It makes carrying things inside easier and 2) I find certain items that are more breakable than others don't have the room to roll around and break.

I dropped one of my favorite eyeshadow duos. It was part of the LE fall collection that Smashbox released a few years ago. When I dropped it, the colors mixed together, creating a terrible, weird, blackish-brown color. It was that time of the month, too, so I think I even cried lol!

I buy a lot of loose glitters, and SO many times I have knocked them  over and spilled the entire bottle in the sink. Always such a bummer! 

One tip for loose powders that you don't use often (or if you're traveling!).  Especially if there's a sifter lid, this is nice, but I think it might work without, too?

Buy the Glade Press and Seal wrap.  Just make sure your sifter lid is clean (I'll take a tissue and scrape off residue) and just press it on top, and presto, your stuff will stay where you want it to!   I'd imagine you could do it for an open jar too...either stick another piece of the wrap on the underside so you don't have a layer of powder stick to the press and seal, or just let it stick, not sure how much will stick if it doesn't actually get pressed onto it.  I usually don't mind the minimal amount that sticks between the sifter holes myself.

Of course, this doesn't help at ALL if you're in the middle of using it so it's completely open! &gt;_&lt;

I usually scoop a small amount of pigment into a small poptop container for travel and for use.  If I spill it, it only spill the contents of that poptop container.  I'm totally paranoid about spilling or knocking it over.  If I don't separate, I'd just put a small amount on the lid and set the rest of the container well away from me.

I remember when I was a kid, I was snooping around in my mom's train case and opened her favorite eyeshadow--a loose powder. of course me being me, I spilled it alll over the box, which had fabric lining. I felt super bad about it, but she didn't yell at me or anything (I would have! haha)

My losses are not because of carelessness, but because of sheer stupidity. I can't remember if I left them somewhere in a bag or I forgot them somewhere while travelling, but I have lost so many things lately, it's driving me insane!!! I've lost a whole brand new quad that I got from MAC with Woodwinked, Mulch, Ricepaper and Amber Lights (I would need at least 50 euros to replace this), MAC Odyssey lipstick, MAC Naked and Violet pigments, Illamasqua Vow pencil (I miss this like crazy!!!), and my MUFE kabuki brush. 
icon_cry.gif

i didn't close my bag, and my vintage cornsilk compact fell out and cracked on the WET pavement and got EVERYWHERE.

While I'm screaming "NOOOOOO!" over and over, my boyfriend just stood there and said, "I'm sorry and all- but my burrito is getting cold."

God forbid if his burrito got cold...like we don't have a microwave. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I've accidentally put the lid back onto my recently purchased lipstick from MAC while the tube was all the way up. 

Devastated.

I've also broke my mirror in my Naked palette by getting my bag caught in my car door. I was absolutely annoyed at that because I bought it for over $80 (online/forwarded shipping/recently released) 

Probably yelled at you in her head tho.  I would have ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember when I was a kid, I was snooping around in my mom's train case and opened her favorite eyeshadow--a loose powder. of course me being me, I spilled it alll over the box, which had fabric lining. I felt super bad about it, but she didn't yell at me or anything (I would have! haha)

I've lost a brand new Nars Orgasm blush... I've dropped and broken a piece off the bottom of a glass foundation bottle, and shattered/spilled countless eyeshadows &gt;_&lt;

I haven't really dropped anything except the romeo pigment that was limited edition from glamour doll eyes and btw I LOVE that pigment.... A friend and I were at the hotel room and I spilled half of it in the sink... We spent half an hour dabbig it up with makeup brushes and trying to scrap it out with sheets of paper.... I saved most of it lol I was paniced

My husband had a photo booth set up at a club and we were running late so I grabbed my makeup to do when we got there.I forgot the whole train case full of makeup. Nars, Stila, Make Up Forever, Bobbi Brown... All gone. Only upside was I got to slowly buy all new makeup.

I despise the packaing of the new L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. The top looks like the bottom (with all the manufacturing info printed on it), and the bottom looks like it shoould be the lid, so I almost always forget and open the damn thing upside-down. I've had that little round cake of eyeshadow fall out SO many times in the month I've been using the one pot of it that I have. Last week, one of the times it fell out, I kind of scraped the eyeshadow cake againt the side of the container in trying to put it back, and about 20% of it crumbled off into the sink. Today I accidentally tipped the pot sideways while I was holding it and totally engrossed in what I was doing with my eyeshadow application, and the whole chunk of shadow landed on the bathroom counter and broke into pieces. I scooped up what I could, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before my "Eternal Black" is lost for good.

Oh my  Amy that sounds like me, totally klutzy.

I have such a small bathroom and such limited space paired with me being a klutz that I'm constantly dropping stuff. I think just about every blush/powder compact I have is cracked at the hinges.

I haven't dropped any makeup but so far this week clumsy me has broken two plant pots and three glasses... good thing they came from IKEA. 

I've only dropped and broken a L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow that I got on clearance at CVS anyway. I just went to another CVS and picked up another one. Was only like $2. I also had the seam split on a L'Oreal lip gloss, those juicy tubes ones? But that wasn't me being klutzy...it's bad packaging and pissed me off even though I took it back to the store and got an exchange. I haven't even used the new one because that first one kind of ruined it for me. I guess I should have just gotten my money back! I'm actually surprised I can't think of times I've broken my makeup because I am absent minded and clumsy. I guess I'm like DairyGirl and more likely to break other stuff around the house. lol

during christmas shopping 2011 i was in a million stores the friday before christmas while my husband was at work, buying presents for everyone. i went into sephora and dropped about $150, most were for my mom in law and sister in law, but i also bought myself some things. a few hours later i noticed the sephora bag gone out of my hand.

i panicked, went into every store i thought i was in, asked countless people... nothing. called my husband close to crying because i was so angry at myself, and at the person i thought did not give the bag back when they found it.

i was ready to give up, passed one last store and thought i'd ask there. i couldn't believe my eyes when the gentleman behind the cashier said "what was inside?" and i mentioned a few of the things... and he brought it back. EVERYTHING was still there. it was a store called newbury comics, they sell dvds, cds, comic books, novelty stuff, etc. etc. and apparently a girl found it and dropped it off in the store. i wish she would have left her info, i would have bought her coffee or something. the clerk also said he was gonna drop off the bag at sephora by EOD because my beauty member card was in the bag, so they could contact me.

i since have a little more hope in humanity.

so i guess not a loss, but a shocker for sure!

Latest posts

Back