Split end repair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I've heard of products that repair split ends. Do any of these acutally work?

they temporarily seal the ends together with silicone. once the product wears away or is washed away, the ends are back to normal. the only way to get rid of them is to cut them off.

halo is right. unfortunately, the only way to truly repair them is to cut them off & start fresh.

I'm agreeing with the girls on this one bonbon. I've some serious split ends & the only way i'll get rid of them is cutting my hair but i don't wanna do that either coz i wanna leave it long!! So i'm sticking with my split ends for now. It doesn't look too bad when i use my ceramic straightener on them!

Yup... they're right. No quick fix for splits except for a cut. And if you let them go too long without at least a trim... they will travel upwards - and you'll end up with even more of a problem then if you just cut 1/4" off the bottoms.
icon_confused.gif

Latest posts

Back